Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Jacobs and bring up Parsons

KingGibbs

Good point. Remember how Chad Morton was THE RETURN MAN when he came here? He didn't get the blocking and didn't produce and he had a track record. What does Parsons have except for a couple fans on this board?

Also think that McCune made a big block which sprung Betts.

Talk about a move that helped special teams...

Jason

Considering that we barely use two WRs as it is, how does that reflect on what Jacobs can do? I mean, unless your jersey has Moss on the back, you aren't getting the ball.

Right now, I think Gibbs is more concerned with people holding onto the ball, rather than looking for big returns. Remember also that returns often have to do with your blocking as well. You can have the most electric return man back there, but if he doesn't get blocking, he isn't going to break too many.

Jason

Unless he's Dante Hall

We all know that Taylor Jacobs has made almost zero contributions to this team. I know injuries have played a big part in his lack of contributions, but it's time to get some productivity out of his roster spot.

Currently, we are ranked 22nd maybe worse in the NFL in return yardage.

I would like to see us bring up Rich Parsons off of the practice squad and put him in as a PR/KR. Parsons has the speed and hands to get us the field position we are going to need heading into the second half of the season.

Yes, I know that Betts had a good return on Sunday, but they have been far and few between. I also love Thrash as an all around player, but he just doesn't have the abiltiy to to make people miss him or take it to the house for that matter. Thoughts?

We all need to realize that it it is not the returner, it is the other guys on the field around him. If you look, guys like Chad Morton who were good returners before they came here and again after they left. Brian Mitchell's numbers his last 2 years here weren't very good because he had to fair catch everything, then leaves and has success again. What does that tell you?

It's been a long standing problem, but it appears to be slowly improving, but I don't think a practice squad player will suddenly remedy the problem.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Jacobs... but you bring up a good point.

At what point to we admit to ourselves that he was a waste of a 2nd round pick?

I'm not sure, myself. I still think he can and will play some good football, but I am less and less sure of it as the days go by.

At no point, he is being brought up slowly and will shine in days to come.

Joe is very patient with young players, preferring grizzled vets.

He'll get his shot and do fine.

i would love to see Jacobs in action, alot of people speak highly of him. i think Campbell and Jacobs are our future, but nows not a good time to work them into the system. i feel comfortable with betts returning kicks for now, even tho he wont break any for TDs, he doesnt fumble or make any mistakes.

Parsons averaged a little over 3 yards a punt return in the preseason. He had one good kick off return of about 40 yards. Other than that he was pretty mundane. Not exactly a sure thing you're betting on there.

And as for the comment of just seeing what he can do, the coaches see what these players can do every week in practice. Taylor Jacobs was not drafted by Joe Gibbs so he has no emotional attachment to him. You have to then surmise that he feels that Jacobs is the better player otherwise Parsons would be ahead of him on the roster.

Alot of people have been riding Jacobs and Patten. They can't make plays if Brunell doesn't throw their way. I realize that because of sheer speed Moss is getting open quicker but hey, if you've got a guy who has the potential to take it to the house every time he touches it, wouldn't you want to get him as many touches as possible! Why dont they try Jacobs as the return guy. He supposedly has good speed and hands.

We all know that Taylor Jacobs has made almost zero contributions to this team. I know injuries have played a big part in his lack of contributions, but it's time to get some productivity out of his roster spot.

Currently, we are ranked 22nd maybe worse in the NFL in return yardage.

I would like to see us bring up Rich Parsons off of the practice squad and put him in as a PR/KR. Parsons has the speed and hands to get us the field position we are going to need heading into the second half of the season.

Yes, I know that Betts had a good return on Sunday, but they have been far and few between. I also love Thrash as an all around player, but he just doesn't have the abiltiy to to make people miss him or take it to the house for that matter. Thoughts?

Are you NEW to the board. I have been saying since September that its a mistake to let Thrash return kicks. It would be safer to let the ball go into the endzone simply bcause nobody has to touch the ball and we still get the ball at the 20 yard line...JUST LIKE WHEN THRASH RETURNS IT.

Still, the special teams coach should shoulder some blame because we just don't have any lanes open up...or at least its rare.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Jacobs... but you bring up a good point.

At what point to we admit to ourselves that he was a waste of a 2nd round pick?

I'm not sure, myself. I still think he can and will play some good football, but I am less and less sure of it as the days go by.

How about after 7 years. Thats the usual time we leave our mistakes on the field. We kept Norv for 7 years and Westbroke for 7 years. Why not sign Jacobs to a long term deal because he MIGHT develop someday to the point he has ONE good year.

If a receiver can't play in 3 years....he ain't playin. Thats history.

Um.... ok this is just dumb. Its hard to play well when you ARENT EVEN ON THE FIELD. What makes you think they would play parsons instead? Heck patten hasnt even made contributions because he hasnt been thrown to that much(though he has had his share of drops). I fail to see how you can criticize a player the coaches praise when he doesnt even get on the field to perform or not perform...

Archived