Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Jacobs and bring up Parsons

KingGibbs

We all know that Taylor Jacobs has made almost zero contributions to this team. I know injuries have played a big part in his lack of contributions, but it's time to get some productivity out of his roster spot.

Currently, we are ranked 22nd maybe worse in the NFL in return yardage.

I would like to see us bring up Rich Parsons off of the practice squad and put him in as a PR/KR. Parsons has the speed and hands to get us the field position we are going to need heading into the second half of the season.

Yes, I know that Betts had a good return on Sunday, but they have been far and few between. I also love Thrash as an all around player, but he just doesn't have the abiltiy to to make people miss him or take it to the house for that matter. Thoughts?

Your Madden franchise must suck, ;)

Relax. Jacobs has been in each game recently. How many times has the ball been thrown his way? He hasn't dropped any balls but he has not had a lot of looks his way. He's not needed to be a world beater right now. But if someone gets hurt he is going to play A LOT.

Jacobs is far and away a better WR than Parsons. Let the coaches do what they do and stop complaining about the 4th string WR!!

I think you are being a bit harsh on Jacobs... but you bring up a good point.

At what point to we admit to ourselves that he was a waste of a 2nd round pick?

I'm not sure, myself. I still think he can and will play some good football, but I am less and less sure of it as the days go by.

Considering that we barely use two WRs as it is, how does that reflect on what Jacobs can do? I mean, unless your jersey has Moss on the back, you aren't getting the ball.

Right now, I think Gibbs is more concerned with people holding onto the ball, rather than looking for big returns. Remember also that returns often have to do with your blocking as well. You can have the most electric return man back there, but if he doesn't get blocking, he isn't going to break too many.

Jason

I don't see the urgency in cutting Jacobs to bring up a practice squad guy in mid season. I think you have to play the Jacobs hand out and find out what you have before you cut him. I say make the changes in the off season, and ride it out with the guys you got during the season (especially if your 5-3).

+1 :helmet:

I think we should give people a fair shot before we make assesments like this remember the Lavar thing. Funny I hear nothing coming from those people now. ......................................Thank God

Lavar had a track record.

I think I have more catches than Jacobs over the past three seasons.

I keep hearing, he's going to break out. He's going to break out. But he was allegedly a player that "should have gone in the first round." Don't most first-round receivers make an impact by Season Three?

He hasn't played enough to judge him. It could be that Coach Gibbs trusts Thrash more right now to run the right route, make the catch and not fumble. I would like to see Jacobs out there more but the coaches know what they are doing. Maybe Jacobs hasn't played better in practice than Thrash. It may take someone getting hurt before we really see what Jacobs can do. Why aren't you saying sit Patten and let Jacobs play? I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Patten occaisionally.

MC

Jacobs might never produce, but what makes you think Parsons is the answer? Another "change for the sake of change" thread that lacks any reasonable logic. Boy, we sure our seeing a lot of these lately.

What makes you think Parson isn't the answer at KR/PR? I'm not asking him to be our number two or number three receiver. I was simply bringing up a scenario in which it could improve our return game and give us the all important good field position. But, in order for Parsons to come up someone has to go and Jacobs was the only one that I could see getting rid of.

It was just food for thought guys not an earth shattering roster move that some of you think I am trying to suggest.

Remember also that returns often have to do with your blocking as well. You can have the most electric return man back there, but if he doesn't get blocking, he isn't going to break too many.

Jason

Good point. Remember how Chad Morton was THE RETURN MAN when he came here? He didn't get the blocking and didn't produce and he had a track record. What does Parsons have except for a couple fans on this board?

I agree - Jacobs hasn't had time to make any impact... the little bit he has been on the field he hasn't gotten thrown to

Kinda hard to prove oneself if the opportunities aren't given to ya

I bet he's the 3rd or 4th look in a 3-4 WR pattern if the RB doesn't get the look first. Maybe move him up as others have suggested - I remember him playing and having good hands and making some tough catches...

Archived