Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buc fan checking in...

drp555

I think if you guys get off to a good start, even something as small as a 6 point lead, the crowd will be taken out before the half.

There is a lot of venemous hate towards Gruden down here, mostly about Mike Alstott. It's all over the radio, tv, message boards, etc....People want to see Alstott more. In the Miami game at home, which we won 27-13, the crowd was chanting for Alstott. And if they don't see him much Sunday, and the Bucs get behind, the boo-birds will be out in full force. It's sad to say that as a Bucs fan, but it's true.....

So I hope that it's a very close game or the Bucs dominate...I think the 1st is more likely though

Bucs 96 : -16 Skins? I'll have to disagree. We tried to determine if negative points were possible against the Giants and we were doing everything we could to get there, so its not possible.

On a serious note, 24 - 10 Redskins win! And I hope to hear some Boo-ing in the crowd after we go up 7 - 0 on the first drive. Then things'll open up for us.

I think if you guys get off to a good start, even something as small as a 6 point lead, the crowd will be taken out before the half.

There is a lot of venemous hate towards Gruden down here, mostly about Mike Alstott. It's all over the radio, tv, message boards, etc....People want to see Alstott more. In the Miami game at home, which we won 27-13, the crowd was chanting for Alstott. And if they don't see him much Sunday, and the Bucs get behind, the boo-birds will be out in full force. It's sad to say that as a Bucs fan, but it's true.....

So I hope that it's a very close game or the Bucs dominate...I think the 1st is more likely though

Our run defense has improved because of personnel changes. I think Alstott could be in for a long (short) day.

Our run defense has improved because of personnel changes. I think Alstott could be in for a long (short) day.

yeah I don't expect to see Alstott much anyway. I don't see Gruden caving to the media and fan pressure. Carnell will probably get most, if not all, the carries.

I expect the 'Skins to do what the Lions, Jets, 49ers and Panthers did. Sell out to the run and dare the Bucs to beat them throwing the ball. Which Tampa hasn't proven they can do yet.

Im sorry to say this mr bucs fan man, but Chris Simms sucks. he really does. maybe he will get better, dont know. but right now he sucks. since u lost Griese your team has been at a slow decline. i mean that was a horrible loss to the panthers, but then again we did lose to the giants like that, sh!t worse than that.

Im not sure man, i think the bucs are slowly declining and not going to make playoffs, but then again, ya never know. I am a really big fan of Cadillac Williams, ive been watching him since he was at Auburn. I really like him but since he got a little banged up havent heard his name lately.

I think it will be a good game. Good luck 2 u

Im sorry to say this mr bucs fan man, but Chris Simms sucks. he really does. maybe he will get better, dont know. but right now he sucks. since u lost Griese your team has been at a slow decline. i mean that was a horrible loss to the panthers, but then again we did lose to the giants like that, sh!t worse than that.

Im not sure man, i think the bucs are slowly declining and not going to make playoffs, but then again, ya never know. I am a really big fan of Cadillac Williams, ive been watching him since he was at Auburn. I really like him but since he got a little banged up havent heard his name lately.

I think it will be a good game. Good luck 2 u

Simm hasn't played good but he is showing improvement. He may be a third year player, but he is essentially a rookie. He has a lot of learning yet to do....Things have seemed to have gone downhill after Griese went down, but the ironic thing is that people here in Tampa wanted Griese benched before he got injured!

Cadillac's demise, IMO, is due in part to his injuries, but also to the Oline. The line was a confident bunch who played well those first 3 games. But they've regressed into horrible performances. Caddy is getting hit by one or more defenders immediately after getting the handoff.... I believe it has to do with the youth and inexperience we have on offense. I'm sure Williams will test these young guys with blitz after blitz after blitz....

Well it's nice when we play outside the div and see some fans from elsewhere. I second your wish for no major injuries on either side. I think this will be another hard fought one, people tend to dismiss Gruden but I think the guy's passion is undeniable.

Gibbs will likely play this one one pretty close to the vest.

He'll feel pretty good about G. Williams keeping Simms & Co. relatively under control, so he won't feel too pressed to push things offensively and take chances on giving UP a big negative play.

And he'll respect the Bucs D enough, at least early, to not take many chances.

I look for him to play conservatively on offense in the first half, try to win the field position battle, hope the Skins D can maybe force the action and produce a score or short field for the offense ... and work hard on establishing the OL so he can slam Portis and Betts (who I think will get quite a few carries) late to try to control the clock and, assuming any kind of lead, shorten the game.

The Bucs would do well to spend some time this week on Cooley & Sellers, too. If ever there were a couple guys suited to ball-control ... :)

Simm hasn't played good but he is showing improvement. He may be a third year player, but he is essentially a rookie. He has a lot of learning yet to do....Things have seemed to have gone downhill after Griese went down, but the ironic thing is that people here in Tampa wanted Griese benched before he got injured!

I see the QBs being the difference in this game Mark Brunell vs Chris Simms. I doubt their will be enough improvement in the last two weeks for Simms to pull it off. It will be up to your defense to force a lot of turnover to even things out.

Loved Cadillac in college, knew he would be a great one. Was afraid the Cowboys might have a shot at him his junior year but he stayed for his senior year. You got a keeper in Cadillac.

i dont get the whole alstott situation. Gruden came in and brought you guys a superbowl, wheres the respect? i know alstott was a great back in the past...but ive seen him play this year, all he did was get stuffed at the line and drop passes. i think Gruden is doing the right thing, using him as a goal line back.

anyway, heres to an injury free game :cheers:

Archived