Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

best rum brand/type?

syl58

whats your favorite domestic that is fairly cheap?

if you want something fairly cheap try Castillo rum....tastes pretty much identical and is made by Bacardi....it's what we drank in college....I wouldn't try to go to much cheaper than that....a lot of cheap rum tastes like garbage

Best Rum ever, which they don't import is called Don Q. If anyone goes to Puerto Rico, make sure you try it. It comes in White and Gold (Gold more potent). :D

Don Q Rum was created by a local family and has become quite an empire during the years. The family owned two gorgeous houses in my hometown. Both of which are now tourist attractions. One is called Serralles Castle which overlooks the city.Architecture buffs would love it!!

Baccardi has monopolized the market. The downfall is it leaves a nasty after taste! Don Q doesn't!!

Second Best (i agree with MissU28) is Malibu!

:cheers:

I never was a big rum drinker, unless a friend of mind down the street at the time was guest bartending. No matter what you ordered, he gave you rum and coke. No lime. ;) Back in my bartending days, the favorites, ( besides the house brand of Bacardi of course), were Captain Morgans and Mount Gay. Almost always with coke and a lime.

The only rum I liked was some I had in Jamaica. I don't recall the name or know if it's imported or not. I'm not a drinker though, so what the hell do I know.

The best part of Jamaica (besides the culture) was the blue mountain coffee. Now that's all I drink (coffee wise) except for an occasional Kenyan coffee.

Archived