Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players--Redskins or Not--do you know?

englitdaudelin

Just to shoot the breeze here... Domonique Foxworth graduated from the high school I teach at. He was a cool cat, not trouble, and clearly, a helluva an athletle. I never taught or coached him, but, well, let's face it, who in the American Public High School DOESN'T know the Heavily Recruited Athlete?

(He was back this past week, since the Broncos had a bye, and evidently, some random chickie found out who he was and asked him for $200. He ignored her gently.)

So: any players in the NFl you've known? Lived on your block growing up? Went to school with you (not a friend of a cousin of a neighbor's girlfriend's pedicurist)? Shops in your store regularly? Had you over for barbeque?

Well, I know people who know them. Does that count? :laugh:

Try to follow along here ;)

My step-fathers cousin is business partner and neighbor to Dan Marino. He has a football signed by Marino.

I played with Carnell Williams brother in our base's touch football league the past two seasons (03, 04). We were both stationed at Fort Meade. He is in the Army, I was in the Air Force. (He was not as good as you would think being as his brother is a stud!) He wore Williams' gameworn bowl jersey to the game a couple times. I forgot what bowl they played in.

Anyway, it was a sweet jersey!

I am I guess an acquaintance of Bhawoh Jue of the Chargers. He went to Chantilly HS (PSU as well) and I met him through some friends that went there. He is a solid guy and hangs out at a spot downtown that I go to often. You would never realize that he plays in the NFL...he's not arrogant or flashy. He's a standup dude.

I remember talking to him last year (he played for Green Bay) after they beat us and he knows that i am a Redskin Diehard....the guy tells me that the defense knew what was coming by the Redskins formation almost everyplay. He was an up & coming FA and told me that he would like to play for the Redskins but it would be too much pressure cuz he's from the area and that he didnt think he'd like that. He was a 49ers fan growing up.

Ive met Gary Clark twice...one time was at Eye Bar and it was actually the night before we played the Cowboys last year at Dallas. He is always out partying in DC and Adams Morgan.

My good friends cousin is Darnell Dockett, DT for the Cards.

He's a complete a$$, my friend and him use to be like brothers and he was always heading down to FSU for games, when he could get time off from work, they even rented an apartment together before he got drafted. Since my friend and I work together I had the unpleasant opportunity of meeting Darnell a few times, very very arrogant.

My friend told me that while at FSU he was cool, laid back, and just a funny guy that everybody liked. After he signed with Rosenhaus he said Darnell made a complete 180 in his attitude, to the point were my friend hasn't talked to him since the day he was drafted. Very sad to see money change people but like my friend says he showed his true colors when he got paid.

The whole reason they did fall out is because Darnell wanted him to be, basically a paid servant, you know jump when he said jump. My friend who didn't want to become a male groupie for his cousin told him to F himself if he thought that little of him, that he would leave his job and live off another man like leech.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I used to know Trent Green a little bit. Back when I was growing up, my nextdoor neighbor was Trent's back-up QB at Vianney High in St. Louis. I played a couple of pick-up games with Trent back in 1987 or so.

I always marveled at the comment that Trent lacked a strong arm. Could have fooled me; I still have "Wilson" embossed on my hands from catching his passes.

My brother was good friends with Bert Wilder's brother in High School. Who was Bert Wilder? He was a DE/DT with the Jets from 1962 thru 1967. Unfortunately for him, he was not on the team in 1968 when Namath and the Jets won the Superbowl, so he didn't get a ring.

Also, I dated a girl whose roomate was dating Mel Embree. Who was Mel Embree? He was a WR for the Baltimore Colts in 1953, caught 23 passes that year. He played for the Chicago Cardinals in 1954 and caught 2 passes. And that was it for his career.

A couple of bit players in the big pro football arena.

My good friends cousin is Darnell Dockett, DT for the Cards.

He's a complete a$$, my friend and him use to be like brothers and he was always heading down to FSU for games, when he could get time off from work, they even rented an apartment together before he got drafted. Since my friend and I work together I had the unpleasant opportunity of meeting Darnell a few times, very very arrogant.

My friend told me that while at FSU he was cool, laid back, and just a funny guy that everybody liked. After he signed with Rosenhaus he said Darnell made a complete 180 in his attitude, to the point were my friend hasn't talked to him since the day he was drafted. Very sad to see money change people but like my friend says he showed his true colors when he got paid.

The whole reason they did fall out is because Darnell wanted him to be, basically a paid servant, you know jump when he said jump. My friend who didn't want to become a male groupie for his cousin told him to F himself if he thought that little of him, that he would leave his job and live off another man like leech.

I played against Darnell in high school my sophmore year, he was a sophmore too. It was the last game of the season and we (Wheaton) had to beat Paint Branch to make it to the playoffs. PB wasn't that good that year and we blew them out and went on to win a state championship!! Darnell was real big then even as a sophmore.

Me and Cato June (Starting LB of the Colts) were in the same english class at Anacostia S.H.S. I used to put him and Lonnie Baxter out all the time when we played Horse. In high school, he was an all state running back, so it's funny seing him playing LB. But I'm very happy he made it to the league!

Keep reppin' those Indians Cato!!

Tyoka Jackson, D-Lineman for the Rams, went to the same HS (Bishop McNamara, Forestville, MD) as I did. He was a Senior when i was a freshman. He was a cool guy.

And my cousin is Carl Eller, he was a DE #81 for the Minnesota Vikings. He was one of the Purple People Eaters.

I played against Darnell in high school my sophmore year, he was a sophmore too. It was the last game of the season and we (Wheaton) had to beat Paint Branch to make it to the playoffs. PB wasn't that good that year and we blew them out and went on to win a state championship!! Darnell was real big then even as a sophmore.

I had the (dis)pleasure of playing against Darnell Dockett in High School as well. I was a year older, played against him my Junior and Senior years. I have to say that he was by far the dirtiest piece of **** I ever played against. We beat Paint Branch 3-0 the last game of my senior year in a driving rainstorm. He was known for things like diving at knees and under the pile "ankle pulling." Such a shame a guy like him with all that talent is such a doosh.

Eric Barton LB from the Jets. He played at my high school and graduated about 1-2 years before I got there. At the time his best friend was my next door neighbor, so he would hop the fence and play basketball with us on my basket. He was cool then, but has since changed. I guess money does change you.

I also saw James Thrash with his son at the Wizards game and we talked for a while waiting for the MCI center to open. We met again after a pre-season game and we discussed me training at his gym in shady grove to get ready for football again. He is going to write up a workout for me then when the season is over over-see my workout a few times every few weeks.

I went to Jr high and high school with Jamal Brown (Saints 1st round OT for 2005 draft). He was a cool dude. Played on D in HS. I used to talk to him all the time when he worked at KB Toys even though he was a star at OU.

Also Mike Minter, Saftey for the Panthers, is married into one of my friends family. Minter went to me and Jamal's rival school.

But besides that, Ive talked to many pro atheletes. Many of them Skins.

Terry Bradshaw (back in the late 70's) used to live in the penthouse of the building where my Dad worked in Pittsburgh. The laundry facilities for the building were on my Dad's floor and T.B. used to come in and bum change from my old man. My Dad gave him $5.00 and told him that he didn't want him to pay him back so he could spend the rest of his life saying that Terry Bradshaw owed him 5 bucks!! True Story!!!

Archived