Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins bashing (help needed)

Tokeydog

On one of my boards I frequent an argument is about to arrupt and I need assistance in replying...

I can't even believe you went there... Anyone who knows jack **** about football says that it was one of those games that just everything wrong happened. Quickly rectified by the next...

Right dude, I went there. You know why? BECAUSE WASHINGTON IS AN OVERRATED TEAM.

"one of those games that just everything wrong happened.."

That's a bunch of bull****, they got beat by the superior team and failed to put a single point up on the board. They lost Portis? Boohoohoo - they still couldn't do anything because that jack**** of a coach Gibbs doesn't know what the hell is going on. Keep in mind this is a team that snuck a win in on Dallas in desperation.. two totally fluke ****ing plays that results in their only points in that game. Their only quality win was over Seattle.. and that was a fluke that J.Brown missed a 40+ yard FG that would have won the game late.. so two fluke wins, which puts them at 5-3 other than 3-5.

"quickly rectified by the next.."

What? Against a Philly team sans-TO? Philly sucks this year too .

If you're a Washington fan and you think you've got a good team, you're ****ing dillusional. I'd allow you to blame the 36-0 loss on Joe Gibbs being a dip**** and running the ball a total of 5 times after the first half while not preparing his team to ever have to come from behind prior to that.. (or establish a passing game), but I'm not going to allow you to say that Washington stood a chance in that game.. because they didn't.

A fluke is not a 36-0 blow out, where you put up ONE-HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS.

Don't say that I don't, "know jack **** about football" and back it up with some "everything went wrong argument." Because that's a bunch of bull****.. how does this sound.. I'll bet you any amount you want that in two weeks, OAKLAND beats Washington - we'll take the line set prior to tip on a creditable website... cnnsi.com? And it's even in Washington. We can even paypal the cash to an intermediary to hold for us. Put your $$ where your mouth is if you're going to talk **** about me not knowing ****.

Washington is just about set to lose 4 games in a row. Then you'll be singing a different tune.

Sounds like you're dealing with a fool.

The Skins have played (I believe) the strongest schedule in the NFC. The Giants (with their extra home game) has played a relatively weak one.

Do anything you can to bet that the Skins won't lose 4 in a row.

It's very simple. Remind them that the only teams they have beaten are some of the worst in the NFL. They then got smashed by the Carolina Panthers. We lost big time to the Giants b/c of Mara and we didn't play well. When we smash Tampa Bay IN Tampa Bay, they will learn to only speak when spoken to.

I posted a reply, that broke down the season in my eyes and why we are 5-3 and how we could just as easily be 1-7 or 7-1. I also defended Gibbs in everyway possible. I'm not going to get into much more with him beyond that. It is an argument that the skins will win for me every time they win.

Dude, why do you worry about what some guy on a message board thinks?

You only have to look back as far as last year to see that a blowout don't mean crap.

The Eagles were absolutely destroyed by Pittsburgh. Thay had like 7 first downs and were dominated on both sides of the ball.

They came back to compete in the Super Bowl.

Don't waste your time arguing with someone who thinks Joe Gibbs is an idiot and that the only quality win was over Seattle. If he thinks that, he hasn't been watching the games.

Enjoy 5-3 and let everyone think we are overrated. Being an underestimated team is a good thing.

Recognize the fact that the Redskins have played only one team under .500. Which was a blowout. Three of the 8 games are against teams with only 2 losses. A person can have their opinion, but to say we are going to lose the next four games is absurd. Even most awful teams don't do that. Not to mention the Redskins are 4-0 at home and two of those 4 are at home. This person is a just a rant, he cannot back up his argument. Finally, calling a hall of fame coach, with 3 Super Bowl Rings, a jack**** of a coach is just absurd. I would love to know which team this guy supports with such vigor that he cannot even respect someone like Joe Gibbs. I hate the Tuna, but I recognize he's a good coach. If you cannot recognize talent away from your own team you'll never win an argument.

I'll explain the situation a bit better. The reason why I worry is because this guy is a member of my online clan. So for that matter it is someone I call an internet friend and usually respect...

On line clan?

:laugh: :laugh:

We have clans here in Texas.......but I sure don't want to be part of them!!!

Just giving ya a hard time.

;)

Blondie

On line clan?

We have clans here in Texas.......but I sure don't want to be part of them!!!

Just giving ya a hard time.

;)

Blondie

That mean :cry:

Online clan is another term for video game teams that compete in tournaments and play together in general.

the Giants - they wanted this game more than we did, they played more physical up front, they were more prepared, hence they blew us out. even good teams lose bad sometimes, just like the pats lost to miami the year they won the superbowl. every team in the NFL is a good team, and anything can happen.

the Cowboys - they werent "fluke" plays. a TD is a TD, period. the reason we couldnt move the ball all game long is because Dallas played super tight defense not giving up any runs or short passes, put simply - they underestimated our deep threat. Gibbs knows this, thats why he called the plays that he did late in the game, and it worked. its genius, not "fluke".

Seattle - ya we were lucky that they missed a FG late in the game, but they are lucky they even had a FG attempt late in the game. a simple dumpoff bounced off portis's hands and was intercepted and the FG was shanked left. its a game of inches.

Philly - spare me the TO excuses, they are still a good team. we moved the ball against them better than most teams have this year. i think the eagles have one of the best D lines in the NFL and our blocking was perfect.

reply to the rest of the comments - grow up.

Well, personally, this guy is basing his whole argument on one game. So be it if he wants to be that blinded.

1) we beat the bears - yes it was an ugly low scoring affair, against a defense that many still view as one of the toughest.

2) We beat the Cowboys - Call the two bombs lucky, BS or whatever you want, but our players still had to go out and execute the plays. It's not like it came off some contested penalty, or even some off the wall trick play. Our line held, Moss got deep and Brunell connected. Besides, the Giants weren't able to do it... so does that make us better then them?

3) We beat Seattle - Yes it was in OT after a botched FG attempt, BUT We held them defensively (Aren't they considered the best offense in the NFL right now?) and we managed to score the points to actually make them need to kick the damn thing and then we made sure they didn't have a second chance! Luck only gets you so far.. but yes, this was by far our luckiest game

4) Denver - We lost, the same way Seattle lost to us, so was Denvers win a fluke if ours was? The Giants barely pulled it out with home field advantage.. we barely lost on the road in Mile high.

5) KC - This was a loss plain and simple. Our offense produced, but turned it over too much. It wasn't play calling, but T/O's that killed us.

6) Dominate the 49ers - Yes it's the 49ers, and yes we should have won, which we did. period.

7) laid an egg in the Meadowlands - His sole basis of us being overrated. Let's see 323 yds, 346 yds, 352yds, 447yds, 398yds, 457 yds, 125 yds, 293yds. Which number in there looks like a fluke?

8) Came back and beat philly - With TO, without TO, team in turmoil, yada, yada, yada. People can call this one a fluke... but if every game but the Giants is the fluke, trust me I'll take it. I have no problems with my team getting into the play-offs because of 5 or 6 fluke games. Heck at this rate we may make it to the champoinship by winning all our play-off games by flukes, cause it seems to be a great habit of ours right now!

I won't go so far and call this a GREAT team, but we are a good team, the stats and the scores confirm it. A bad team doesn't get THAT lucky THAT often. Over-rated? Aside from the 49ers, we are rarely pick to win, and when we are it's never by more then a FG or TD, and in the end.. that has been about how our games have gone... win or lose by 7 points or less. If we are soo over-rated then how can you explain (Short of ONE game) we have been in it to the end, we've lost some, and won some and well... we are 4-0 at home baby and it's starts there!

Eh. Don't waste your time. Save it and email it to him when we beat Oakland. Then email it to him again when we beat the Giants. Then email it to him again when we win the division. Then email it to him again after each playoff win. :)

You need to tell this guys that sure, everyone has their opinion on whether the Redskins' wins have been lucky or not. It depends if you're a half full or half empty kind of person. Most Redskins fans will be the former, Redskins haters the latter.

However, if he seriously thinks that Joe Gibbs is a jack **** kind of a coach, he loses all credibility - as a person as well as his argument. Tell him to ask around for other opinions of Gibbs. I doubt if anyone will agree with him. Some may say he's been slow to pick up where he left off and slow to turn us around, but noone can dispute his achievements during his first era. Three SBs speak volumes. He will be in a minority of one.

One easy thing to do is collect this week's power rankings. I guarantee you guys like Doc Z, who has us at 13, isn't a Redskin homer. Find as many as you can. Then find out how they rated the Redskins before the season started. Then ask this guy if these writers who all had us at 25-30 at the beginning of the season (clearly proving they were not Redskin homers) can see we're a solid team, what's his problem? Perhaps HE's being the homer ... and maybe just a bit insecure.

Which is, of course understandable. :)

And I'd definately get him to bet we won't lose our next four. He said it. Tell HIM to put his money where his mouth is.

EDIT: Also, did he say he'd bet you Oakland beats us and then suggested you should bet against the spread? Tell him if he's so damn sure we'll lose then he doesn't need a spread. Offer to bet him straight-up. Spreads are for gamblers. Does he want to gamble, or back up his claims? His reaction will tell you much about his credibility.

Archived