Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bucs are overrated

Sherlock Holmes

Guest sith lord
He's posting from England, so it's after 6:00. I think he's also previously mentioned posting from the school library.

I was just about to say that.

He's posting from England, so it's after 6:00. I think he's also previously mentioned posting from the school library.
He's in England. It's about 7:30 PM there, just about time for a nice bowl of spotted dick.

Ah.....just noticed that.

Good deal.

Just keeping those who need to be in school......in school!!

;)

Blondie

Overrated? You don't accidentally go 5-3. Just because they got blown out last week doesn't make them a bad team. See Redskins. This is a dangerous game. On the road. Their back is against the wall. Gruden is a good coach. we're coming off an emotional game. They are going to be ready to play. This game is going to be tight.

I don't think they are overated, but they are a much different team right now then they were at the start of the season. Their starting QB going down really hurt them, but they have a good enough defense to win some games they should lose in the second half of the season.

As others have noted here, without their starting QB they look very much like the Skins from last year......questionable offense, but a solid defense.

You know the Bucs are a lot like the Skins.

Good "D" and they had a QB that wasn't flashy (Greise) and didn't make a lot of mistakes. If Brunell ever went down we COULD be just like them?[/quote

You hit it right on the head these two teams are actually mirror of each other it's scary really

Overrated? Sure, i would say they are. lets look at who they beat and lost to.

Sep 11 @Minnesota Won 24-13

Sep 18 Buffalo Won 19-3

Sep 25 @Green Bay Won 17-16

Oct 2 Detroit Won 17-13

Oct 9 @N.Y. Jets Lost 12-14

Oct 16 Miami Won 27-13

Week 7 BYE

Oct 30 @San Francisco Lost 10-15

Nov 6 Carolina Lost 14-34

The teams they have beaten are pretty weak.

lets look at the teams they have lost to.

OK, panthers are tough. understandable.

niners and the jets? Yeah ok.

im gonna be direct. BUcs are probably the most overrated team in the league. They have literally played nobody and have lost to teams , a good team should beat and have not beaten a team with a winning record(they only played one team with a winning record). talk about an easy schedule. that says it all.

with that saism we shouldnt take this game lightly. they are just overrated is what im saying.

You know the Bucs are a lot like the Skins.

Good "D" and they had a QB that wasn't flashy (Greise) and didn't make a lot of mistakes. If Brunell ever went down we COULD be just like them?

You hit it right on the head these two teams are actually mirror of each other it's scary really

Were, actually. The Skins from last year = the Bucs from this year.

The Skins were #1 in the NFL last year in yards per rush allowed, at 3.1. That 3.1 figure is again the tops in the NFL in '05, but it is the Bucs who own that distinction.

In case you are wondering, the Skins are a lousy 21st in the league in that category, allowing 4.3 yards per carry.

Although, the Bucs have only played one Good team (Carolina and lost to them), and the rest of their schedule was full of subpar teams. The only common opponent has been the Fourty-niners, who they lost to as well.

I would definitely say that their 5-3 record is far less impressive then our 5-3 record as we have beat four quality teams (Chicago, Dallas, Philly, Seattle). The thing that scares me about this game is that it is on the road.

Sure there d is fine. id really pressure simms and blitz 60/70% of the time. Lets get him rushing his throws and then lets have our safetys come up big!!

Personally, I believe that because their defense is so good that they aren't over-rated at all. They're a team that will win some games on the strength of their defense alone, just as we have the past couple seasons.

Overrated? You don't accidentally go 5-3. Just because they got blown out last week doesn't make them a bad team. See Redskins. This is a dangerous game. On the road. Their back is against the wall. Gruden is a good coach. we're coming off an emotional game. They are going to be ready to play. This game is going to be tight.

I agree with you... Although our games have been against better (over all) teams. This team could step up at home and beat us plain and simple. Only way I see the Skins lose is if we beat ourselves with mistakes. :logo:

Archived