Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. holding live press conference from his home:

FunBunch7

I was actually feeling sorry for TO...............until Rosenhaus started talking.

Am I the only person that believes if Rosenhaus was not TO's agent, than TO would not be in the situation that he is in right now??

I feel sorry for TO because of Rosenhaus.

TO was bad before, but he wasn't the abominable monster that he's become under Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus is simply evil and wispers those ridiculous falsities that make guys like Sean Taylor doubt our value of him.

I hope TO beats the snot out of Rosenhaus when he realizes he's not making any money, not playing football, and instead of being remembered as one of the greatest WR ever, he'll be forever detested.

Yep. He's definitely got a mental disorder. It's kind of sad to see someone with his talent self-destruct. I'm reminded of Mike Tyson and what a pathetic figure he's become. But despite that Owens is a total horse's ass, I too started to feel a little sorry for him.

But then, he let Rosenhaus speak. I wonder if he's sorry he changed agents now! I actually don't know who is more mentally unstable. Owens or Rosenhaus!

The only reason they made a public apology is so the next team that has interset in him doesn't think as bad of him. This move was purly to improve market value, so GMs would say, ehh, he ain't that bad, maybe he is just misunderstood, or maybe he has learned, or maybe I could change him.

Raiders, Ravens, Browns, Miami, Viks, Atl?

I don't know who would want him, but there will be a market for him, just not as big a market as he expects.

the worse thing i hate about football is player hold outs..i hate rosenhaus.. he is behind all this unsactionfaction.. the more money the players gets, the more money rosenhaus pockets.. he tells the players they can make this much amount.. why settle for less..hold out if u have to till u got the money u want....fawk rosenhaus.. hes as greedy as money as owens is.. or is he even greedier. i wouldnt doubt it.. hes behind many million dollar paychecks..hes the reason why sean taylor held out. if it wasnt for rosenhuas, taylor would of made it to mini camp and have stayed away from trouble...rosenhaus needs to leave nfl and go to nhl.. nfl players make enough money.. go try and help the players that make a few millions less on the ice.. o wait. the checks arent big enough there..now owens isnt getting paid as much. rosenhaus wont....u greedy piece of shiet..and if those words from owens came from the heart, it wouldnt be that hard to remember.. i could even remember what owens said in his apology..could you?. could rosenhuas have written the letter of apology for owens....

I thought maybe Rosenhaus wasn't as bad as he's usually made out to be, after reading about that incident earlier in the year where he saved a child from drowning, but nope, he's still a total tool.

He really is. I caught rosenhaus a few years ago on a talk show and it was my first exposure to what a smarmy insincere ass he was. There really are highly successful salesman (which is all an agent is) who don't act like some slapstick caricature off of SNL. It's rare, but possible :laugh:

People need to stop bashing Terrell Owens like he is such a horrible guy or something. TO is an emotional guy who's words got blown up by the media and now everyone is against him. If you look at this situation TO is probably the most innocent. Just listen to my argument and tell me if you still feel the same way about TO.

Look at the NFL, a multi-billion dollar industry that underpays ALL of it's athletes. There are Relief Pitchers in the MLB, who throw no more than 25 pitches maybe twice a week, who make more money than NFL players like Terrell Owens. Guys who come off the bench in the NBA make TO money. The NFL produces as much revenue as those other sports. Why do NFL players get paid so much less? Football is probably more physically demanding than ANY sport so why do it's athletes get paid so little. The athletes are greedy if they ask fot more money, meanwhile, the guys in the booth(who never even touch the field or risk their bodies and health) get richer and richer.

Look at the Eagles organization in particular. This is a team that is always MILLIONS under the salary cap but still asks it's players to take pay cuts. Millions under the cap but they can't pay a guy like Brian Westbrook what he's worth. Millions under the cap but they say it's wrong for TO to ask for a raise after he risked his CAREER for them in the Super Bowl. They say honor the contract. Honor the contract? We joke on this board about McCants getting cut and resigned all the time but each time that happened McCants had signed a contract. So do tons of other players who get cut and released daily. Noone jumps in there and says hey hey honor that contract. The fact is, these teams have all the money so players have to get there share while they have leverage. TO risked his career for this team but they turned on him when he "didn't honor his contract." Since when does anyone honor a contract in the NFL? If TO had re-injured his ankle seriously this year and couldn't play for a while how long would the Eagles have "honored the contract"?

Now let's look at the real instigator in all this, the media. NEWS FLASH! This is what they do. They build people up and they tear them down. That's how they make money. How is everyone so blind to the fact that the media has over hyped this whole thing. TO is an easy target for them because they know that they can put a mic infront of him and his emotions will take over. There always is a camera there if TO has anything to say. Is there a reason why out of the 1000's of NFL players there is a camera always following TO? There is no explanation for this except that they are exploiting this guy. They are making sooooooo much money off this whole soap opera that they've created. Then they tell us he is selfish and craves attention but they don't show the footage of themselves stalking TO saying "Terrell do something for the camera." They've been saying "TO, tell how the Eagles have wronged you." And of course the naive TO abliges, not knowing he is being exploited. Who do you think pointed out McNabb's original "We don't need TO" statement to Terrell. The media was in Terrell's face the next day saying, "While you're rehabbing he says they don't need you, what do you think about that?" All of us get upset and worked up sometimes, when you are angry you need time to cool down because you may say or do something stupid, but with TO the media is in his face non-stop so sometimes they catch him when he is vulnerable. Meanwhile, while the media tells us TO is a scumbag, for saying he would prefer Brett Favre as a qb, other players are committing actual crimes. I love Sean Taylor but he may have pulled a GUN on somebody. The fact is, there are people who do far worse things that get no media attention. Why is TO a scumbag for not liking Donavan McNabb but the drug addict or drunk driver is ignored? "What a jerk he is for not liking a lovable guy like McNabb. Who cares about those rape charges whatshisname is facing, we're talking about number 5."

The way everyone has counters that is by saying "Those guys don't actually hurt their teams, TO has been a cancer." How so? You can't mean that he hasn't been performing on the field. The last time I saw TO he broke a Chanp Bailey tackle and took it 70 yds for a TD. His performance has NEVER slumped. So I guess he is to blame for everyone else in Philly's struggles. It's TO's fault that Philly has no running game. It's TO's fault Philly's Defense can't stop the run. All 4 of Philly's losses are TO's fault. Right? THAT IS A BUNCH OF B.S. Maybe if the Eagles would have spent a couple million to keep Corey Simon there Defense would be better. Maybe if Reid actually invested in a REAL RUNNINGBACK, no offense to Westbrook, they wouldn't be last in rushing. Terrell Owens has played his heart out on the field every week and blaming all that other stuff on him is ridiculous. He has been the Eagles' scape goat this year. If anything he has done the most to help this team win. Prove me wrong.

So, I think TO isn't in the wrong here. Atleast not to the degree of his punishment. I don't consider him to be a roll model because of his immaturity but I know he is nowehere near the villain some of you all make him out to be. He is being used right now by the media(ratings), the eagles(scape goat), and probably Drew Rosenhous(?money?). I hope he comes to his senses and matures from all this. I hope he gets back on the field soon because he is an amazing athlete and one of the best ever imo. I also hope some of you get off his back and see what is really going on here. Use your own brain and stop letting those mediots think for you.

Just my :2cents:

Look at the NFL, a multi-billion dollar industry that underpays ALL of it's athletes. There are Relief Pitchers in the MLB, who throw no more than 25 pitches maybe twice a week, who make more money than NFL players like Terrell Owens. Guys who come off the bench in the NBA make TO money. The NFL produces as much revenue as those other sports. Why do NFL players get paid so much less? Football is probably more physically demanding than ANY sport so why do it's athletes get paid so little. The athletes are greedy if they ask fot more money, meanwhile, the guys in the booth(who never even touch the field or risk their bodies and health) get richer and richer.

Any man, woman or child who is making more than $1mil/year IS NOT UNDERPAID. The last time I checked, no team in the NFL owns their own television channel to broadcast their games. The last time I checked, no team in the NFL drew 3 million fan in a season. The last time I checked NFL teams didn't play 81 home games a season. The last time I checked the NFL rosters werent as small as 11 players per team.

Look at the Eagles organization in particular. This is a team that is always MILLIONS under the salary cap but still asks it's players to take pay cuts. Millions under the cap but they can't pay a guy like Brian Westbrook what he's worth. Millions under the cap but they say it's wrong for TO to ask for a raise after he risked his CAREER for them in the Super Bowl. They say honor the contract. Honor the contract? We joke on this board about McCants getting cut and resigned all the time but each time that happened McCants had signed a contract. So do tons of other players who get cut and released daily. Noone jumps in there and says hey hey honor that contract. The fact is, these teams have all the money so players have to get there share while they have leverage. TO risked his career for this team but they turned on him when he "didn't honor his contract." Since when does anyone honor a contract in the NFL? If TO had re-injured his ankle seriously this year and couldn't play for a while how long would the Eagles have "honored the contract"?

TO signed a contract, for what he thought was a fair price. Less than 1 year later he threatens not to play because he wants a new contract?! I've got a newsflash for you, Westbrook signed a contract, PLAYED IT OUT, and now has a NEW 5 year deal. Do you doubt for a second TO played things the way he did so that the Eagles didn't exercize the roster bonus for next year? which makes him a FA. Which allows him to get his new contract? HMMM?!

Now let's look at the real instigator in all this, the media. NEWS FLASH! This is what they do. They build people up and they tear them down. That's how they make money. How is everyone so blind to the fact that the media has over hyped this whole thing.

The media didn't make TO get into a fist fight with hugh douglas. The media didn't make TO berate his OC on the sidelines. The Media didn't make TO say that Jeff Garcia was homosexual. The Media didn't make TO berate Mcnabb on the sidelines.

The way everyone has counters that is by saying "Those guys don't actually hurt their teams, TO has been a cancer." How so? You can't mean that he hasn't been performing on the field.

He had done it on the field. I wont disagree there. But he is a distraction! A huge distraction. He is a cancer because he KILLS the lockeroom atmosphere.

He puts a large wedge into the middle of what a "Team" should be.

so in conclusion, I don't let the media "think for me" TO has done enough on his own. T.O. has nailed his own coffin shut.

Archived