Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. holding live press conference from his home:

FunBunch7

ST has to fire this guy in a hurry. He brags about only taking 3%, but then loses his client four game checks. So that's what, 26%? Sean, please pay attention. We love you. Drew does not. Drew wants to put you out on the corner to make some money for him. Don't fall for it. Get a real dude like David Falk or something.

I see no way in hell how the Eagles will be able to get away with this. They have every right to suspend him from the team but now they want their money back also. That's BS! TO did not brake any laws and had the right under our Constitution to say what he did. You just can't make a agreement like "Conduct Detremental to the team" if this agreement takes away from your civil rights.

Question: T.O. signed his contract while with a different agent, who gets the agent's percentage Drew or the former agent? I do not beleive Drew did anything as far as a new contract goes.

Drew gets nothing. That's why he's trying to do all this to save face. If TO doesn't get a new contract from Philly, Rosenhaus gets stugots and whatever he has done becomes, in essense, pro-bono. He needs TO to get a brand new contract anywhere to get paid a single penny.

The lastest thing I've heard. ESPN reported a response from an inside source was that the Eagles will not take him back, even if they had to pay him for the entire season (including the Skins game missed Sunday night) they just want to get rid of him.

I see no way in hell how the Eagles will be able to get away with this. They have every right to suspend him from the team but now they want their money back also. That's BS! TO did not brake any laws and had the right under our Constitution to say what he did. You just can't make a agreement like "Conduct Detremental to the team" if this agreement takes away from your civil rights.

It's in his contract. He gets suspended in such a fashion, he has to give back a portion of his signing bonus. Simple as that. He signed it. I'm sure they have a nice backlog of goodies in-case he makes an ill-fated attempt at challenging this. Hell, the entire media does.

It's in his contract. He gets suspended in such a fashion, he has to give back a portion of his signing bonus. Simple as that. He signed it. I'm sure they have a nice backlog of goodies in-case he makes an ill-fated attempt at challenging this. Hell, the entire media does.

A contract is not legal if it takes away from your civil rights. They had no grounds to suspend him either.

A contract is not legal if it takes away from your civil rights. They had no grounds to suspend him either.

How have his civil rights been violated? That's absurd.

They had complete grounds to suspend him. If they didn't, they wouldn't have. This isn't something to take lightly by any business owner.

How have his civil rights been violated? That's absurd.

They had complete grounds to suspend him. If they didn't, they wouldn't have. This isn't something to take lightly by any business owner.

The guy has a right to SPEAK! I don't care if the Eagles or anyone else dosen't like what he says. I think this is covered by the Freedom of Speech.

The guy has a right to SPEAK! I don't care if the Eagles or anyone else dosen't like what he says. I think this is covered by the Freedom of Speech.

He has the right to speak. No one has taken it away from him. He can amd does say whatever he pleases.

Say something stupid, though, and he has to answer for the consequences.

What civil rights did this contract take away exactly?

I'm saying everyone says Conduct Deterimental to the team means that he dosen't have the right to speak his mind or give an opinion. Conduct Deterimental to the team could mean getting a penalty.

I don't think so ahhyeaa, just think about (very common) confidentiality clauses. For example, consider if you are a contract employee with the government, especially with any kind of security clearance, your free speech rights are definitely limited by the terms of the employment agreement that you signed. Confidentiality, and/or limitations on speech, are an integral part of some types of employment. In any case, it's not that what he said was illegal or that his right to say something was restricted, it's that he didn't have free reign to say whatever he wanted without some kind of consequence--that's part of the deal he signed with the team.

I actually agree with Rosenhouse and Owens that ESPN has overhyped this story, and in the mix of hearing everyones opinions from Michael Irvin, to Mike Golic they have created an even more negative image of T.O. Yea Irvin is the lone voice that defends T.O but everyone else bashes the guy. Ok I can understand a few "analyst" giving their opinion on the matter. But ESPN drags the story on and on and on. They even highlighted little segments during their sunday night game after the REDSKINS scored a touchdown!! And Salisbary's after game "breakdown" segment highlighted the Eagles wide recievers and how they did in place of T.O... :wtf:

The Redskins won the Game!!! Why not show a break down of how we WON THE GAME!!

Now I dont know the guy and dont really like the image that he portraits, but he and his agent have a point that ESPN never covers other players that break laws as much as they have blown up this saga.

ESPN has put SPORTS in the back seat and DRAMA in the front!

The reason the Eagles came out with a very carefully prepared statement on why they suspended TO was to make sure there was no way TO would have grounds to argue it.

Every team has lawyers in contact with the NFL regarding player issues for this very reason, there is no gray area here.

TO can and does say whatever he wants nobody is taking that away from him. When it comes to team matters I am sure the Eagles have more than enough grounds to do what they did.

I don't understand this guy, he's what 31? 32? If he's been popping off at the mouth all his life, why has he yet to realize how much trouble it brings? 32 years of experience and you're still basically apologizing for not picking up on this yet? That's retarded

I don't think so ahhyeaa, just think about (very common) confidentiality clauses. For example, consider if you are a contract employee with the government, especially with any kind of security clearance, your free speech rights are definitely limited by the terms of the employment agreement that you signed. Confidentiality, and/or limitations on speech, are an integral part of some types of employment. In any case, it's not that what he said was illegal or that his right to say something was restricted, it's that he didn't have free reign to say whatever he wanted without some kind of consequence--that's part of the deal he signed with the team.

Yea, I hear what your saying but a secrecy agreement is something totally different. If TO was going out and telling other teams their whole playbook it would be different. That would be doing something malicious. The Eagles would have no right to tell TO how to talk about anything else. He could go out and say "Andy Reid is so fat that it if he jumped in the ocean it would dry up" and they could do nothing about it.

Archived