Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The bucaneers game

willmb5

Am i the only one that isn't too worried about the Bucs this week? Yeah, the game is on the road, but this team lost to THE 49ERS!.....yes, THE 49ERS!!!!!! They haven't been able to run the ball AT ALL the past few weeks, and Chris Simms isn't a very good quarterback. Their defense is decent, but I'm really not too worried about them. I think we should control the game and win by at least 10 points. What do yall think?

I'm worried about this game. This team is 6 - 2 with a great defense capable of shutting down our offense. After Griese went down their offense hasn't been producing very well, but they have a new quarterback in a new system, they're getting their timing down. Think about us early in the year, Brunell played alot with this team last year, and still up until the last four minutes of our second game we weren't too productive on offense. Like Gibbs has been saying, we can probably win any game, yet we can also lose any game. I'd agree with that statement, so every game we are after I'm a little nervous, I think we'll win though.

Am i the only one that isn't too worried about the Bucs this week? Yeah, the game is on the road, but this team lost to THE 49ERS!.....yes, THE 49ERS!!!!!! They haven't been able to run the ball AT ALL the past few weeks, and Chris Simms isn't a very good quarterback. Their defense is decent, but I'm really not too worried about them. I think we should control the game and win by at least 10 points. What do yall think?
I agree to a point, but I think that you are underestimating the Bucs a tad bit. I am more confident in this weeks game simply because we have won games that people thought that we shouldn't have won. Also because we seem to be cutting way down on the penalties. This team of ours just looks hungry to me now and I for one am loving it. :)

but they have been AWFUL the last 2 weeks, and yeah we got crushed by the giants a couple weeks ago....but they lost to the 49ers!!! they're actually 5-3, but didn't really play good teams towards the beginning of the year, and their offense just isnt very good. i think their confidence is very very low right now, and i think the skins are gona take it to em.

If we had atleast been competitive vs. the Giants then I wouldnt worry about this one whatsoever....but the fact that we didnt even get off the bus as it arrived at the Meadowlands just scares me to think that we have the abilty not to show up in certain games and the Giants game is a prime example.

That does put us in good position. But havent some of the other teams in the NFCE won as many NFC games as much as us?

Probably, I'm just saying...if we need a WC and we're up against Atlanta/Carolina or the Bucs, having that inflated conference record is important.

Odds are, a tie within our division won't get to that level of tie-breaker.

I agree that we should beat them on Sunday, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

so the bucs are 5-3? so what. lets look at their schedule do far.

the 5 wins:

24-13 Wat MIN19-3 WBUF17-16 Wat GB17-13 WDET12-14 Lat NYJ27-13 WMIA10-15 Lat SF14-34 LCAR

their wins are against minnesota, green bay, buffalo, detroit, and miami. they lost to the lowly jets, the terrible 49ers, and they got crushed by carolina. they've lost 3 out of the last 4, and are on a downward spiral. I'm not trying to get overconfident here and say this game is a gimme, but honestly, this team isnt as good as some of yall are tryin to play em out to be.

If we had atleast been competitive vs. the Giants then I wouldnt worry about this one whatsoever....but the fact that we didnt even get off the bus as it arrived at the Meadowlands just scares me to think that we have the abilty not to show up in certain games and the Giants game is a prime example.

Good point. Tampa's crowd gets into it and they are a totally desperate team. Those are the most dangerous kind of opponent.

the 5 wins:

24-13 Wat MIN19-3 WBUF17-16 Wat GB17-13 WDET12-14 Lat NYJ27-13 WMIA10-15 Lat SF14-34 LCAR

their wins are against minnesota, green bay, buffalo, detroit, and miami. they lost to the lowly jets, the terrible 49ers, and they got crushed by carolina. they've lost 3 out of the last 4, and are on a downward spiral. I'm not trying to get overconfident here and say this game is a gimme, but honestly, this team isnt as good as some of yall are tryin to play em out to be.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124824

the 5 wins:

BEST post I've seen. Ouch! Now that is a point with some serious supports. And that was with QB-Brian Griese playing the first 6 games. Chris Simms 0-2 as a starter not looking good.

the 5 wins:

Good points... But this game is not going to be an easy game IMO. These Bucs are going to be at home and pissed off. They want to prove to their "fans" that they can still play and are worth cheering for. They want to earn some respect after a bad showing lately. Income the Redskins, who are getting respect after beating the Eagles. What better way to get back on track and prove that they are still a good team than by beating the Redskins (seems to have worked for the Giants)... We played well at Denver and at KC - just not well enough to win. We beat Dallas on the road but it was anything but easy. We stunk it up in New York. Sooo here we go into Tampa without knowing what to expect from either team. Can or should the Skins win? Sure, but Ill bet it won't be easy.

Archived