Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VRSportsTalk Power Rankings- Week 9

rvan1

here you go, let me know what you think...

www.geocities.com/pvr4484/VRSportsTalk.html

Rank (Previous) / Team / Record

1. (1) Indianapolis Colts (8-0) - With Peyton leading the Colts past their vice, one must wonder where else he can lead this team.

2. (2) Denver Broncos (6-2) - Combine Jake Plummer's 91.3 passer rating with Denver's running game, and you've got yourself a winning team.

3. (3) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) - The sooner Roethlisberger gets back on the field for the Steelers, the better.

4. (4) Carolina Panthers (6-2) - Steve Smith is making defenses look foolish. That's a rare accomplishment against the Buccaneers.

5. (5) Altanta Falcons (6-2) - Michael Vick can talk about how underrated he is, but its the Falcons' defense that's getting the job done.

6. (8) Cincinnati Bengals (7-2) - The Bengals may have their faults (such as inability to win the big game), but they are 7-2.

7. (6) New York Giants (6-2) - The Giants big test this season will be holding off their NFC East opponents.

8. (7) Seattle Seahawks (6-2) - Shaun Alexander makes this team dangerous every week.

9. (11) Kansas City Chiefs (5-3) - Dick Vermeil's faith in his team to come through is a big asset for the Chiefs.

10. (15) Washington Redskins (5-3) - Big win over the Eagles, but the Redskins still have many tests to come.

11. (13) Dallas Cowboys (5-3) - Tied for first in the NFC East with a 2-1 divisional record, the Cowboys have already beaten the Giants and could double up on the Eagles on Monday Night.

12. (18) Chicago Bears (5-3) - The Bears defense is very strong, and Kyle Orton is developing rapidly.

13. (9) San Diego Chargers (5-4) - Scraping by a scare against a Bollinger-led Jets team, even after LT scores 4 times, is something that should never happen.

14. (10) Jacksonville Jaguars (5-3) - The Jaguars did not look impressive against the Texans, and Fred Taylor's health is an evergoing issue.

15. (17) St. Louis Rams (4-4) - Will Steven Jackson be the MVP of the NFL's second half? He'll get the chance to prove what he's got.

16. (12) New England Patriots (4-4) - Still a game up in the AFC East, but you can't think the Patriots will do much even if they make the playoffs.

17. (14) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-3) - The Bucs are as in it as any team in the NFC, but they are giving off a "finished" vibe at a crucial stretch.

18. (16) Philadelphia Eagles (4-4) - The Eagles are being counted out by a lot of people, but a win at Dallas on Monday Night would put them back in the mix.

19. (19) Oakland Raiders (3-5) - The Raiders are a good team, but they cannot afford to lose division games, especially heartbreakers.

20. (22) Buffalo Bills (3-5) - McGahee needs to get this team on track if they are going to pounce.

21. (25) Cleveland Browns (3-5) - The Browns may have found their back in Droughns.

22. (32) Minnesota Vikings (3-5) - Brad Johnson looked like exactly what the doctor ordered for the Vikings, but is it too late?

23. (21) Detroit Lions (3-5) - The Lions should be in the market for a new quarterback this offseason.

24. (20) Miami Dolphins (3-5) - The Williams/Brown tandem is developing nicely for the Fish.

25. (28) New York Jets (2-6) - Bollinger took a step in the right direction of becoming the Jets new quarterback on Sunday.

26. (27) Tennessee Titans (2-7) - The Titans were outplayed everywhere but the scoreboard this week.

27. (26) Arizona Cardinals (2-6) - The Cardinals are simply no match for the Seahawks running game.

28. (24) New Orleans Saints (2-7) - This team's early season emotion seems to be running out pretty quickly.

29. (23) Baltimore Ravens (2-6) - When do you decide to bench Jamal Lewis?

30. (29) Green Bay Packers (1-7) - You'd hate to see Brett Favre retire after this nightmarish season, but this team may not be good for a while, either.

31. (30) Houston Texans (1-7) - The Texans are fighting tough to salvage respect out of their season.

32. (31) San Francisco 49ers (2-6) - That catch by Brandon Lloyd will be the 49er's season highlight. Too bad it didn't count.

18. (16) Philadelphia Eagles (4-4) - The Eagles are being counted out by a lot of people, but a win at Dallas on Monday Night would put them back in the mix.

Man I sure hope the Eagles win. That would put the Cowgirls a whole game behind us assuming we beat Tampa.

"11. (13) Dallas Cowboys (5-3) - Tied for first in the NFC East with a 2-1 divisional record, the Cowboys have already beaten the Giants and could double up on the Eagles on Monday Night."

That would be tied for Second. Morons.

uh no, their their division record (2-1) is tied with the redskins division record (2-1) for first.

I'm sorry, I know I may get blasted, but I think Dallas should be ranked higher than us. We barely beat them, and we got toasted by a division foe less than 2 weeks ago. I'm not real big on stats, so I'm sure somebody will pull some out that have us favored. However, Dallas destroyed the Iggles, and beat the Giants in overtime. I'm not saying they are the better team, but if I had to rank them, I'd put them a spot or two ahead of us.

I'm sorry, I know I may get blasted, but I think Dallas should be ranked higher than us. We barely beat them, and we got toasted by a division foe less than 2 weeks ago. I'm not real big on stats, so I'm sure somebody will pull some out that have us favored. However, Dallas destroyed the Iggles, and beat the Giants in overtime. I'm not saying they are the better team, but if I had to rank them, I'd put them a spot or two ahead of us.

i totally respect that... the head-to-head thing was the biggest factor when putting this together, but the cowboys do have the 5th best defense in the nfl, and have beaten the same giants that waxed us. if we were to beat the colts next week, and the chiefs were to squeeze by the 49ers, id expect us to be ranked higher even though the chiefs beat us.

good to hear an honest and objective opinion, harrmag. :applause:

Dallas might be tied with us Skins for divisional record, but Dallas has played ALL of their divisional games at home. We on the other hand have only played 1 divisonal home game. We easily have the upper hand in that case. It will be next to imposible to win an NFC East game on the road this year. We squeeked one out against the Girls and the W is all that matters, we played better over a 60 minute span.

Redskins are two plays away from being 7-1 also.

1. Rock's fumble returned for TD at KC.

2. 2-pt conversion at Denver.

FACTS are we are both 5-3.

no, even if those plays both go our way in the best possible scenario, we are are tied with opponents on the road, not winning.

no, even if those plays both go our way in the best possible scenario, we are are tied with opponents on the road, not winning.

wrong...

1) fumble returned for TD, we were already in FG range (about the 18 yard line, which is like 99% sure) so it was a 10 point swing

2) for the broncos game, it was that the tuck rule overrules a lateral. With that play all we have to do is kick the extra point to win the game

wrong...

1) fumble returned for TD, we were already in FG range (about the 18 yard line, which is like 99% sure) so it was a 10 point swing

2) for the broncos game, it was that the tuck rule overrules a lateral. With that play all we have to do is kick the extra point to win the game

still find this hard to see...

so we go up by 3 in kc (who put up 21 offensive points on us to that point), and that equals a win?

tuck rule was not a mistake by us, and (as much as i hate it) it was the right call.

Archived