Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Cornelius Griffin On the Shelf This Week

bird_1972

I really think we need this guy to be healthy down the stretch.

We face Lamont Jordan and LT in the following 2 games and really need his presence in the middle to give us a chance at stopping the run.

Therefore, I'd really like to see the team let him rest up one more week.

What do you guys think?

:helmet:

Cadillac is no slouch at the rb position. He may not be in the class of Jordan and certainly not LT, but he has displayed some promise thus far. His strength, despite his smallish stature, is his ability to run in between the tackles, and the presence of Griffin would undoubtedly assist our efforts in containing Cadillac.

If he is healthy enough to go, we need him in the lineup every week.

as much as we need him against lamont jordan, i think we can do ok without griffin in that game...afterall with lavar in there we did amazing against the eagles (not that it was all him by any means but we are a different team with him and clemons in there) but not just for LT we need griffin healthy PERIOD so we need to get the guy rest all week maybe have him practice and go limited against the bucs. good idea man

Don't all jump on me at once, but honestly...I wouldnt mind seeing us go 3-4 against the bucs and throw them off guard. Our D-line hasnt been getting much pressure, and with a 3-4 williams could show their rookie QB different looks that he hasnt seen before, even on film. Plus, right now the strength of our defense appears to be depth at linebacker, we have a lot of talent there especially with 56 playing as well as he has been recently. Anyone else besides me think this is worth considering?

our rotation of green linemen actually got the job done last week, so if we can rest him, I agree

we need Griffin 100% healthy

This is my point.

I'm not trying to disrespect Cadillac or the Bucs, but lets face it, we need to triage here and of the next 3 games, the Bucs have the least fearsome running attack. We all know that Griffin is a stud vs. the run and with Jordan and LT on the horizon, the greater good would be to make sure he's 100% healthy rather than rush him back this week and have him at like 80% for those games.

If he can play, he should play. Worry about LT and Jordan when we play them. This game counts just as much as those do (more, actually, as it's an NFC opponent we are currently tied with in the standings.)

Especially considering the potential circumstances of both teams being tied at the end of the season for a wild card birth, and the winner of this contest earning that entry.

It's a conference game against a fellow NFC contender. We need to be at full strength, if possible.

If he can play, he should play. Worry about LT and Jordan when we play them. This game counts just as much as those do (more, actually, as it's an NFC opponent we are currently tied with in the standings.)

Any inside word on how he's looking health-wise?

;)

Don't all jump on me at once, but honestly...I wouldnt mind seeing us go 3-4 against the bucs and throw them off guard. Our D-line hasnt been getting much pressure, and with a 3-4 williams could show their rookie QB different looks that he hasnt seen before, even on film. Plus, right now the strength of our defense appears to be depth at linebacker, we have a lot of talent there especially with 56 playing as well as he has been recently. Anyone else besides me think this is worth considering?

I think that could give Simms some headaches, but it also might help Cadillac get some running room.

Has any team before changed their base defense halfway through the season?

I think that could give Simms some headaches, but it also might help Cadillac get some running room.

Has any team before changed their base defense halfway through the season?

It may not have been our "base" defense, but I do believe we used a 3-4 set once or twice with some success.

We need to play our guys as soon as they can play. I'm not saying you throw him out there the way you would if it were the Super Bowl or something, but if he can suit up, you play him.

If we somehow get a big lead or something, then let him rest...but there's a reason NFL teams only have to play one game per week. That gives you time to recover!

anyone else impressed by Aki?

i was extremely impressed by him i think he especially great against the run and forced mcnabb to move around quite a bit i think we would be just fine starting him and salave'a if ya ask me and gettin griffin some rest

Archived