Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philip Rivers... this is a wild one.

rvan1

:doh: :insane:

Jason Campbel is the kind of Qb we need as our future. He is tall, semi-fast, big and strong armed. He will step in when it's time and perform fine.

Why do people do this? Why would we be looking for a new Qb after Gibbs just traded all these picks away for Campbel. When we drafted JC I was not pleased. But I must say, everything seems to be playing out just right.

MB probably has 1 more season. PR is gone after this season. JC is learning. We are fine!

Stop thinking up crazy sh!t like this!

just a theoretical dude, if you dont like this thread, go read another one.

Too much youth at QB for Gibbs taste, plus what would we give up for Rivers - another high draft pick??? Marty really liked Rivers, and won't let him go for cheap. Might as well just keep Ramsey on as the transition guy between Brunell and Campbell, or pick up another solid veteren. Though there don't seem to be many possibilities that come to mind - maybe Pennington if the Jets decide to get rid of him, but I wouldn't be too thrilled with that.

When the switch was made to Brunell, I was convinced Ramsey was done here. But looking at the sorry state of QBs around the league, I'm beginning to think that Gibbs may have future plans for Ramsey afterall. It all depends on Campbell's progress, but if he is on the slow track to starting, there is a chance Gibbs could try to resign Ramsey for a few years.

Rivers is a great player and hasnt had much of a chance since his holdout and Brees Emergence. Rivers will go to a team that 1. will let him start 2. pay him. he's not going to be a backup anymore, thats his reason to leave SD. I'd love to see him here in DC, and im an NC state fan and got to see him play a few games in college......but we drafted campbell for a reason, and brunell, if he keeps it up, will start again next year.

Too much youth at QB for Gibbs taste, plus what would we give up for Rivers - another high draft pick??? Marty really liked Rivers, and won't let him go for cheap. Might as well just keep Ramsey on as the transition guy between Brunell and Campbell, or pick up another solid veteren. Though there don't seem to be many possibilities that come to mind - maybe Pennington if the Jets decide to get rid of him, but I wouldn't be too thrilled with that.

When the switch was made to Brunell, I was convinced Ramsey was done here. But looking at the sorry state of QBs around the league, I'm beginning to think that Gibbs may have future plans for Ramsey afterall. It all depends on Campbell's progress, but if he is on the slow track to starting, there is a chance Gibbs could try to resign Ramsey for a few years.

not a chance that ramsey will sign another deal here... especially when there are starting jobs out there where he will get more money.

I think the team should look at Rivers only if Matt Leinert isn't available when they pick in the second round. It may be a good idea to also look at Joey Harrington and/or David Carr.

I can't tell if you are joking but in case you aren't....

*Leinert will not be available in the 2nd round when we pick. He should go #1 overall.

*The only way that we would pursue Rivers at this point is if Campbell had a career ending injury.

*Joey Harrington is a terrible, terrible QB and I would not want to entertain the thought of him being a Redskin.

I think that Carr is a good QB. His line is terrible and Houston has to fix this. I think they should have addressed it in the last draft but they seemed to focus in other areas.

Campbell's mobility and abilities as a bootleg passer is a perfect fit for us. Now I see why Gibbs placed so much value that he was willing to give up an extra 1st for him.

Campbell is going to be a star in 07 and Brunell will carry the ship until then. All is well. No need for Rivers. :)

just a theoretical dude, if you dont like this thread, go read another one.

Why can't he disagree with the idea? There is no way this would happen unless Joe Gibbs hates what he sees from Campbell. Rivers is just as unproven in the NFL as Campbell is and while he has an extra year in the NFL he has zero time in the Skins system which Campbell has. From reading what Chargers fans had to say in the preseason there is substantial worry that Rivers may never pan out. In fact a lot of people were claiming that he was outplayed by Cleo Lemons.

And as several people have said already you can't afford to pay Mark Brunell big bucks, Jason Campbell first round dollars AND Phillip Rivers #1 overall money.

or his superb accuracy??:doh:

To respond to this idiot I will copy and paste the same post I last made AGAIN!

Quarterbacks' performances arent directly related to their talent. They are related to the whole team. Ramsey has dealt with pressure, dropped passes, etc. many, many times. Stop looking at stats and look at clues of potential... such as his good arm.

The band - aid answer is John Kitna. We get him cheap as a decent back up, and give young Campbell more time to learn and stay injury free. That way if/when Brunell goes down or just retires we have a young-ish QB backing up Campbell or Campbell backing up a decent veteren.

Archived