Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sellers:"Dawkins had to get that business"

LiveStrongSkins

do you have directv? any geographically challenged skins fan should have directv. channel 629 comcast sportnet -dc. its like living in dc. sellers made that comment as a guest on monday night live, hosted by chic hernandez, jansen and springs.

That's funny. I'll bet Chic just absolutely HATED covering that game. He's an Eagles fan. :laugh:

Mike Sellers had many unkind things to say about the team when he left the first time. Short memories we have around here.

Well before Gibbs... this franchise was the joke of the NFL. We were the losers who made the most revenue. Alot of things were handled wrong. I'm sure many people had things to say.

If #87 gets any kind of block on the Eagles #32 (instead of whiffing) Sellers scores a Touchdown. Cooley has the other Eagles db in his sights and would have put that little guy on his arse.

I think that was Robert Johnson's first game activated. Hopefully he'll learn from that. The Coaches will certainly make sure he does, anyway.

If #87 gets any kind of block on the Eagles #32 (instead of whiffing) Sellers scores a Touchdown. Cooley has the other Eagles db in his sights and would have put that little guy on his arse.

I agree with you that 87 Johnson should have made a better block, but it wouldnt have mattered if he did... Dawkins had Sellers leg wrapped up and made the tackle despite getting steamrolled.

Mike Sellers had many unkind things to say about the team when he left the first time. Short memories we have around here.

Actually, I believe his criticism was leveled specifically at Marty Schottenheimer for his totalitarian way of doing things. At the time I thought Sellers was a big jerk for saying what he did, because this team NEEDED some discipline in the worst way. Ultimately, though, it seems Sellers was right as the team totally imploded through the first five games.

Eventually we did start winning and I think Marty would have gotten us 10 wins or so for the next few years, but it sure did seem like he went overboard initially with the curfews and the cuts. I have long since forgiven Sellers for offering his opinion on that.

Upon further review, he just mentioned that Dawkins had told him that, that was the hardest he's been hit in a long time. Sellers was like "Thank you, I'll do it again next time. Mike "The Bull" Sellers. From the famous line from Chris Tucker in "Friday", That's my dog! THAT'S MY DOG!! "If anybody have any problems, just let ME know!

Great. Does that mean we'll cut him in the offseason like a few of our "real Redskins" from last year? :(

I hope not-- he did well. But that phrase was like the kiss of death!

Back to the topic of this thread... Watching him level Dawkins about made my night. I burst out laughing at it.

If you're talking about the "real Redkins" Smoot & Pierce, they weren't cut. In example, if you ask your boss for a raise, and you don't get as much as you want, and choose to leave to go work elsewhere--then you weren't fired. ;)

Well before Gibbs... this franchise was the joke of the NFL. We were the losers who made the most revenue. Alot of things were handled wrong. I'm sure many people had things to say.

By my sometimes challenged memory :D , many of Sellers comments were appropriate to the circumstances back then, IMO.

LOL, get the business that's funny. Last year Sellers was messing up CONSTANTLY. He use to get 15 yard flags like they were going out of style. I wonder what the difference is between this year and last year in terms of Sellers.

Does anyone remember the specifics about the time an NFL official used the term "Giving him the business?"

I remember it was the first time I ever heard that line. During a game the ref threw a flag and then turned on his mic and said the flag was on number so and so for giving the guy the business or something to that effect. The hand signal was also funny.

Archived