Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where will T.O. end up next season?

FunBunch7

Before you say the easy answer...Oakland...try to put some more thought on the idea.

I know you can eliminate Philly, Baltimore, San Fran and Dallas (Dallas Star incident)

I could see him wanting to come back an haunt the Eagles twice a year by going to the Giants...not sure of their cap room.

Everyone will say Dan Snyder would give him his cash, but there is cap room to consider plus Joe Gibbs standard of humility.

The Raiders? maybe, but Moss and T.O. would be quite a bit to handle. It might cause Raider fans to want to go to church more often.

Whatever the case, no team will give him a huge signing bonus which will make it possible to fit im in under the cap next year.

Teams that have the biggest need for an elite receiver that are close to getting to the Super Bowl would be KC., Seattle, Atlanta, Denver, and I think that's it. I could see any one of these teams making a serious bid for T.O.

...I just hope it's not us.

oakland doesnt have the $ for him. if he ends up being released before the end of the season, its up to waivers, which means the teams with the worst records (packers and texans first) have first claim on him, working all the way down.

San Diego. They have alot of cap room. They need one more marqee player to sell out their stadium and Shottenheimer has that ego to where he thinks anyone can play for him. I think the Chargers will make a play for him.

with marty shoettenheimer? not a chance. just look at what happened with david boston.

Jim Mora seems like the type of guy that could convince himself he would change TO. I guess they need to be the front runner.

He's all about being "one of the guys." The hip young coach that can relate to the players.

I also think there was a racial component to the Eagles believing TO would play nice with them. McNabb is a young African-American QB, I'm sure they assumed there would be a difference with him and Jeff Garcia. Its not right, but I guess its only natural.

I guess I could see Atlanta making the same mistake under the same false pretenses.

I would not be shocked if he ended up here, in Washington next season. But would that really be a bad thing?

My buddy and I were just talking about this for like the past hour, think about it.

First of all, it's Dan Snyder. It would be a typical Dan Snyder move to go after a guy like Terrell Owens. He's got the money, so why the hell not?

We may not have a ton of cap room, but with all the stuff Owens has been up to in the past few months damages his value significantly. Before this whole controversy, TO was worth all the money and would have been way to expensive for us. We could easily fit him under our cap.

Then,

Our coach is Joe Gibbs. He worked with players like this (maybe not this extreme) in his first tenure here and it worked out. He's also Tony Stewart's boss. I don't watch NASCAR, but based on everything I've seen on ESPN, Tony Stewart is to NASCAR what Terrell Owens is to the NFL.

If,

we acquired him, teams would be forced to double up on Terrell Owens, the best receiver in the league. Guess who this would leave in single coverage? Santana Moss. It appears impossible to stop Santana in single coverage. As an added bonus, it will finally give Clinton Portis some room to run.

Plus

He could give us all the secrets and audibles the Eagles use on offense. We would dominate them the entire next season (maybe).

Trust me, if he gets cut or dropped, this WILL be discussed in depth by the Redskins organization. I would not be surprised at all to see TO in a Redskins jersey next year.

I would not be shocked if he ended up here, in Washington next season. But would that really be a bad thing?

My buddy and I were just talking about this for like the past hour, think about it.

First of all, it's Dan Snyder. It would be a typical Dan Snyder move to go after a guy like Terrell Owens. He's got the money, so why the hell not?

We may not have a ton of cap room, but with all the stuff Owens has been up to in the past few months damages his value significantly. Before this whole controversy, TO was worth all the money and would have been way to expensive for us. We could easily fit him under our cap.

Then,

Our coach is Joe Gibbs. He worked with players like this (maybe not this extreme) in his first tenure here and it worked out. He's also Tony Stewart's boss. I don't watch NASCAR, but based on everything I've seen on ESPN, Tony Stewart is to NASCAR what Terrell Owens is to the NFL.

If,

we acquired him, teams would be forced to double up on Terrell Owens, the best receiver in the league. Guess who this would leave in single coverage? Santana Moss. It appears impossible to stop Santana in single coverage. As an added bonus, it will finally give Clinton Portis some room to run.

Plus

He could give us all the secrets and audibles the Eagles use on offense. We would dominate them the entire next season (maybe).

Trust me, if he gets cut or dropped, this WILL be discussed in depth by the Redskins organization. I would not be surprised at all to see TO in a Redskins jersey next year.

This is worse than Deion. Redskins have class. That is reason enough to say he will not be here next year.

Archived