Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone else feel that luck finally blessed us last night??

bbuzz1962

If you listen good to Mark Brunells post game confrences, he does say it better than anyone else. Good performance, however. He is the ultimate team player. He consistently states that while a win is great, there is still a lot of work to be done. I know most of you realize that Harris is just not going to make it. Also I am extremely worried about Samuels. He is protecting Marks' blindside, and it has come to bite us several times now. I know he has been a great lineman, but he has only been average lately. Since Brunell is a lefty, the left side must block better. I know he has some responsibility to feel the rush, but he is left handed, and when looking to throw right, has a horrible handicap there. He throwing technique is great, but it is low, and that leads to the fumbles we have seen in almost every game this year. Samuels must work on his blocking, and protect his blind side better. I think Brunell is smart enought to work with him, and let him know he must do better as well feeling the rush, and get rid of the ball faster.

Of COURSE we need to improve. So do about 27 other teams. We don't have Manning, James and Harrison. This is a PROCESS, not an overnight occurence. We will lose other games this year but that has nothing to do with not improving. The Pats never went undefeated. It's a tough league. We ARE improving with every game, even the losses in Denver and KC.

My biggest worry is the speed of the players on both sides of the ball. It's not like back it the days when Darrell Green could run anybody down in the whole league. These big plays are killing us. Last night Springs looked like he was glued to the field while in zone when that rookie busts one for 6. Nobody could catch Barber last week when he broke big runs. I was at the game here in KC when old man Priest Holmes broke one and absolutely outran everybody, then Sammy Knight recovered that *&%^*(! fumble, he outran the whole offense. Sure there is quickness on defense, but I can't stand seeing everybody outrun in the hundred. I do love this team, I just think this lack of speed is going to allow opposing teams to break more big plays this year.

:dallasuck and thats my :2cents: 's

Hey effencowboys, great job breaking down a great weakness, however, I don't think it is speed so much, as being slam out of position at the wrong time. This is due to DCoach stressing to stay in lanes, and zone position etc. What you have seen is the problems when a defense is so worried about missing their assignment, that they are late in their pursuit, and most important, angle of pursuit. I think when Saun Taylor gets a little more experience, he won't overpursue the run as he has this year. He has been caught up in the line on many of those long, outside runs because of his desire to lay wood to the person with the ball. He must learn to play strong safety, and that means to be the last line of defense.

I know one thing, I sure am glad lady luck blessed us last night. Does anyone else feel this way? We finally caught the breaks that have eluded us all season. A fumble bouncing into Doccehrys hands?? A fumble out of bounds that would have given the Eagles first down on a critical drive? The Eagles using their challenges early so they couldn't challenge that play?? Man I felt good after that game, not only because it was the Eagles, but because we didn't lose because of pure bad luck. I think the football Gods are starting to smile on us, call it what you may, but having Gibbs back, and getting a team to come together, and have a winning record and be slam in the race for the division. Wake me up. I must be dreaming.:dallasuck

Of COURSE we need to improve. So do about 27 other teams. We don't have Manning, James and Harrison. This is a PROCESS, not an overnight occurence. We will lose other games this year but that has nothing to do with not improving. The Pats never went undefeated. It's a tough league. We ARE improving with every game, even the losses in Denver and KC.

Exactly...the Colts could improve on Special Teams...i mean come on. No one in the NFL is perfect.

Archived