Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten should be cut or demoted

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

Just a suggestion. He has the speed to take a 7 yard slant pass and take it to the house. If it worked for the Rams all these years, why not us?

See, the slants last night were being taken away for a good portion of the night, or at least every time I watched for a slant opportunity. The Eagle linebackers were playing a hook to curl zone alot of the time, thus they were waiting on a slant...

He was 3 steps ahead of Lito on that deep ball but Brunell threw it late...but we still got the PI call and 1st and goal at the 2.

From what the announcers said, I think it was less a matter of Brunell throwing late, and more a matter of the wind catching the ball and causing it to float more than it was. I think it was designed to be a floating pass, but the wind gave it that extra lift causing it to hang up there....

This is old news, but last week on Comcast Mark Brunell said Jacobs was the Redskins most talented receiver! Shawn Springs added he was the hardest receiver to 'check' in practice. Ok then, why isn't Jacobs seeing the field, especially when Patten is almost invisible?

This guy does nothing and even take plays off. You can visibly see him running at 50% on most plays. At least if we promoted Jacobs we would have someone that values their time at a starting position. How much better could Patten be than Jacobs anyway considering his production?

Why is everyone so quick to bash Patten? If teams cant stop Moss... why would you not throw to your #1 guy? Moss and Cooley have been spectacular at getting open. Look at Carolina.. How is Colbert and 50/50 doing? Not so hot because TEAMS CANT STOP THE #1. We have a number #1 that could have 1000 yards after week 9 and we got people bashing our #3 option in the passing game.

Why is everyone so quick to bash Patten? If teams cant stop Moss... why would you not throw to your #1 guy? Moss and Cooley have been spectacular at getting open. Look at Carolina.. How is Colbert and 50/50 doing? Not so hot because TEAMS CANT STOP THE #1. We have a number #1 that could have 1000 yards after week 9 and we got people bashing our #3 option in the passing game.

I agree. I think Patten is fine and he'll be a big factor down the stretch. As good as Moss has been, I think that teams will find a way to quiet him down some...but then Patten will shine!

Patten blocks well generally, runs sound routes, has excellent speed, decent hands... etc. IMO, the main reason why he hasn't been more productive is that Brunell consistently favors throwing to Moss; Moss is a demonstrated playmaker, with an uncanny ability to convert 3rd downs. Brunell locks in to Moss because of trust and an established, successful dynamic. IMHO.

There is nothing wrong with Patten. Moss is just too good at getting open and burning DBs. Why fix something that isn't broken?

:logo:

There is no reason to keep that talent on the bench. Patten is not getting it done. I dont see why he is still playing. Skins need a WR with size and speed, and Taylor is the complete package physically. Word is that he practices hard and is the secondary's hardest wr to cover in Redskin park. So whats the issue? Can Taylor block? If so, you gotta give him the nod in my book. Either way, theres not going to be a big dropoff in talent, being as Patten isnt producing much anyway (and no, he would not have caught that pass interference ball last night.). Anyway, thats my take, id like to hear what ya'll think.

Good point LiveStrong. Patten will eventually get his and it will come as a result of the D paying too much attention to Santana.

There is no reason to keep that talent on the bench. Patten is not getting it done. I dont see why he is still playing. Skins need a WR with size and speed, and Taylor is the complete package physically. Word is that he practices hard and is the secondary's hardest wr to cover in Redskin park. So whats the issue? Can Taylor block? If so, you gotta give him the nod in my book. Either way, theres not going to be a big dropoff in talent, being as Patten isnt producing much anyway (and no, he would not have caught that pass interference ball last night.). Anyway, thats my take, id like to hear what ya'll think.

I tend to agree...But Jacobs has done nothing in NFL games. Who knows if we start him he could totally blow. But i do agree Patten seems to drop a lot of passes also. I think Patten would be a good 3rd reciever.

I have heard similar comments, but Jacobs has been injury-proned, and still has not managed to put together a complete showing. He needs to show that he can be healthy and contribute. JG likes him, but he can't play him because he is always injured. You need someone who is durable!

I tend to agree...But Jacobs has done nothing in NFL games. Who knows if we start him he could totally blow. But i do agree Patten seems to drop a lot of passes also. I think Patten would be a good 3rd reciever.

i think hes owen a full opportunity to show what he can do. with moss' speed, jacobs size may be a great compliment.

Archived