Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Calling All Bandwagon Fans"

skinsfan93

Anyone else notice how many more members and guests are logged onto extremeskins today as compared to last Monday?

I just find it funny how after a WIN so many more people are ready to talk Skins football (and still complain about certain players, coaches, etc), while after a loss, the board seems much calmer.

So are you a true fan???

:D

Or it could be that there just wasn't anything to say about last week's game. We basically just got spanked by the Giants, and I didn't want to read 100 threads entitled "POLL: How badly were we spanked" with a poll reading "badly, or really badly" or "POLL: Who's your least favorite Redskin?" I don't have a least favorite Redskin.

I, personally, was no where to be found on this board for most of last week. Is it because I'm not a fan? Idon't think so. It is because I couldn't stand all the negativity and chicken little threads all over the place! The level of despair was ridiculous! It made me depressed just to read the titles of the threads and trying to post something positive was futile... So if I'm less of a fan because of that then so be it..

I think like most teams, your going to have the bad wagon fans, or fans that are lets say dormant. This was evident at the stadium last night. I go to all Redskins home games, however most people are not willing to spend a couple hundred bucks at least to go and see a losing team play. I would prefer to see all of the burgandy and gold instead of the green we are use to seeing at Fed Ex. The people that annoy me are the ones that jumped on the Ravens bandwagon and have placed the purple and black in their closet, and dawned their burgandy and gold once again.

I, personally, was no where to be found on this board for most of last week. Is it because I'm not a fan? Idon't think so. It is because I couldn't stand all the negativity and chicken little threads all over the place! The level of despair was ridiculous! It made me depressed just to read the titles of the threads and trying to post something positive was futile... So if I'm less of a fan because of that then so be it..

Bingo.

Message boards, unfortunately, have become more and more a venting/ranting ground for people with overactive anger glands and too much beer when things go badly for their team. They may be the minority, but they more than make up for it with volume.

People looking for rational discussion about a game---particularly a loss---are less and less likely to come to a venue dominated in the day or two after a game by the tantrum-throwers. At least in the wake of a victory, those shrillest voices are almost tolerable.

Almost.

We'll keep reminding people of that ... but sadly, the ones that need to hear it and take it to heart have no idea it's them we're talking about.

Good thing we have a penalty box. :)

Or it could be that there just wasn't anything to say about last week's game. We basically just got spanked by the Giants, and I didn't want to read 100 threads entitled "POLL: How badly were we spanked" with a poll reading "badly, or really badly" or "POLL: Who's your least favorite Redskin?" I don't have a least favorite Redskin.

No kidding!

It's board participation has nothing to do with bandwagon vs non-bandwagon and has everything to do with avoidance of a million idiotic threads and Chicken Little's.

I've done some crazy stuff just to watch my skins lose over the past 10 years, but you better believe I stayed away from the board till about Wednesday of last week! You call me a Bandwagon fan and I'll take you out!! :silly:

Bingo.

Message boards, unfortunately, have become more and more a venting/ranting ground for people with overactive anger glands and too much beer when things go badly for their team. They may be the minority, but they more than make up for it with volume.

People looking for rational discussion about a game---particularly a loss---are less and less likely to come to a venue dominated in the day or two after a game by the tantrum-throwers. At least in the wake of a victory, those shrillest voices are almost tolerable.

Almost.

We'll keep reminding people of that ... but sadly, the ones that need to hear it and take it to heart have no idea it's them we're talking about.

Good thing we have a penalty box. :)

As big as this place has grown, you are going to need a penalty stadium!

Just like a rude Philadelphian to come in here and give us crap. I myself didn't get on last monday becaused I was too depressed after we got destroyed that I didn't even feel like getting on the forums. Besides, it was obvious that EVERYTHING went wrong last Sunday, we had to improve everything...no need to come online and discuss something everyone already knew.

Anyone else notice how many more members and guests are logged onto extremeskins today as compared to last Monday?

I just find it funny how after a WIN so many more people are ready to talk Skins football (and still complain about certain players, coaches, etc), while after a loss, the board seems much calmer.

So are you a true fan???

:D

I'm glad someone else took notice to this

Just like a rude Philadelphian to come in here and give us crap. I myself didn't get on last monday becaused I was too depressed after we got destroyed that I didn't even feel like getting on the forums. Besides, it was obvious that EVERYTHING went wrong last Sunday, we had to improve everything...no need to come online and discuss something everyone already knew.

I may live in Philly but I was born and raised in DC. Great comeback though :doh:

Archived