Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The brutal schedule we have overcome..

dieselfan44

When you look at the rest of the NFC we have had the most difficult schedule to this point. No one else in our division will play both Denver and KC away. We also played Seattle, considered the best offense in the league. The Bears have proven to be a tough opponet as well. They're offense is sub par but that doesn't matter considering the defense that they play. I know its hard to count division games as being an factor that makes your schedule difficult or not. It is something that is a given and cannot be changed. Overall I am very pleased with our record. We were blown out once but have been in the thick of the other two games we dropped. I think our away record improves this week in Tampa. You can look for a game similiar to last night.

In conclusion, be proud of what we have done so far. I think we can look at the Giants game as a big hiccup after last night. I think we all got vindicated which is what we wanted.

After eight games we've played six teams that are 5-3 or better so far. That's insane.

Over the second half of the season we play three. One of them is the Bucs next week, who've lost three straight. The other two are Dallas and New York, both at home.

If this team keeps on playing as it can, and avoids any more owner-death weeks, we could get ourselves on a nice run.

After eight games we've played six teams that are 5-3 or better so far. That's insane.

Over the second half of the season we play three. One of them is the Bucs next week, who've lost three straight. The other two are Dallas and New York, both at home.

If this team keeps on playing as it can, and avoids any more owner-death weeks, we could get ourselves on a nice run.

the best part is NOW Dallas and the Giants have to play the tough teams the second half of the year. Dallas remaining schedule is brutal, and they could seriously not win more than 2 games this season. They play the remaining three NFC east games on the road, play Carolina on the road, Denver & KC. The only easier teams they play will be St.Louis & Detroit.

I was thinking about this last night.

Has anyone in the NFL had a more difficult schedule? Does anyone have strength of schedule info?

Amazing that we got out of it at 5-3. I'll take it. :)

Don't know about more difficult but the Patriots have had a hellish schedule as well.

Oakland 3-5

@ Carolina 6-2

@ Pittsburgh 6-2

San Diego 5-4

@ Atlanta 6-2

@ Denver 6-2

Buffalo 3-5

Indianapolis 7-0

Look at those away games....that's crazy.

dont sleep on our remaining schedule, Oakland, you never know which team is gonna show up with them, St. Louis can burn you, and San Diego might be the team to beat in the AFC. Tampa is tough, and it seems no matter what, the skins and bucs make it an interesting game when they play

Well this is the next five for us...

Tampa Bay

Oakland

San Diego

St. Louis

Arizona

And honestly if we play anywhere near as good as we did against Philly last night or the KC and Denver games, with SD being at home I think a 6-0 run is not out of the question (counting yesterday). In fact other than the SD game we will be favorites for the win. For me it comes down to turnovers. If we play even like we did yesterday in the turnover ratio we will win at least 4 of the next five.

It'll be nice crushing Turner's Raiders...

edit: now that I look at our schedule, I'm a little anxious about 2 high caliber running backs that we'll have to play:

Ladanian Tomlinson-best back in the league, he even throws...

Lamont Jordan-Norv Turner knows RB's...not much else..

Steven Jackson-Rams are committed to running more with Martz gone and Jackson has absolutely thrived...

I don't wanna have any more Tatum Bell/Tiki Barber flashbacks against those guys...

Well according to Sally "I'll spend my time finding ways to bash Snyder" Jenkins the Redskins have the second easiest schedule in the league don't they???? :jerk:

The radio broadcast last night said the Skins had played the toughest schedule in the league so far... as far as won loss records

Well officially half way thru the schedule and we have 4 tough road games off the schedule (at Dallas, KC, Den and NYG).

Tuff games at home vs. Phila, Seattle and surprisingly the Bears off as well.

Our entire division took turns punishing the 49ers...not worth mentioning...everyone will get their turn in punishing the Cards and we havent had our turn yet...

To be 5-3 at this point is something we should feel very good about.

AT TB as they are reeling...

Home vs. Oak as they are inconsistent...

Home vs. SD as they are very solid and that will be a tuff game..

At STL...winnable but they play well at home...

At ARi...we should win this game...its Arizona!!!

Then we finish out w/NYG&Dallas at home and At PHila.

I like the 2nd half better...especially getting Dal and NY here. Along with the Raiders/Cards/Rams.

It'll be nice crushing Turner's Raiders...

edit: now that I look at our schedule, I'm a little anxious about 2 high caliber running backs that we'll have to play:

Ladanian Tomlinson-best back in the league, he even throws...

Lamont Jordan-Norv Turner knows RB's...not much else..

Steven Jackson-Rams are committed to running more with Martz gone and Jackson has absolutely thrived...

I don't wanna have any more Tatum Bell/Tiki Barber flashbacks against those guys...

I know they're going to be somewhat of a problem but I don't think they're going to get many big plays off of us. I have strong confidence in GW. He ran a great scheme of shuting down Westbrook. He's not going to allow every team we play to run the ball and score points with our defense. :no:

The good thing is the second half is alot easier.

@Bucs - lost their qb, and are a whole lot worse

Oakland - In spite of playing a little better than early in the season, still a bad team.

San Diego - Ok, so here's a rough game, I still think they're a little overrated, and we have them at Fed Ex.

@Rams - I guess it depends which rams show up.

@ Arizona - um...I think this one speaks for itself

Then we have the three divisional games, two of them at home.

We've been inconsistent, so I'm not going to make a full fledged prediction, but I could see us going 6-2 the second half. I would be very happy with an 11-5 record.

To me, the last half of the season naturally breaks into 2 chunks: the next 5 games (non-division) vs. the last 3 (division).

I'm hoping (optimistic) that we go 3-2 over the next 5 games. That would put us at 8-5 headed into the back to back to back division games. 2 of those last 3 are at home. i could see us going 2-1 to finish at 10-6.

I had heard on a radio show that we hav the fifth easiest schedule, and that ours is easier than the eagles because they play the AFC west, and NFC east. I dont know what those eagles homers wewe smoking but I want some. I am just happy that our schedule is not as tough as the Colts, I would hate to play the texans, titans, and the jags twice. BRUTAL!!

When you look at the rest of the NFC we have had the most difficult schedule to this point. No one else in our division will play both Denver and KC away. We also played Seattle, considered the best offense in the league. The Bears have proven to be a tough opponet as well. They're offense is sub par but that doesn't matter considering the defense that they play. I know its hard to count division games as being an factor that makes your schedule difficult or not. It is something that is a given and cannot be changed. Overall I am very pleased with our record. We were blown out once but have been in the thick of the other two games we dropped. I think our away record improves this week in Tampa. You can look for a game similiar to last night.

In conclusion, be proud of what we have done so far. I think we can look at the Giants game as a big hiccup after last night. I think we all got vindicated which is what we wanted.

actually, the eagles played both kansas city (won 37-31) and denver (lost 49-21) away. not to mention they also had to open at atlanta (lost 14-10). not easy.

that being said, they deserve it. you go to the bowl, you get a tough schedule. that's the way it is. you want be called a champion? you have to beat the best teams in the league. that's why i love that our schedule is tough. when the skins are playing in january (and i don't mean on the 1st), it'll make it that much sweeter, that we had to battle some of the best teams to get there.

dont sleep on our remaining schedule, Oakland, you never know which team is gonna show up with them, St. Louis can burn you, and San Diego might be the team to beat in the AFC. Tampa is tough, and it seems no matter what, the skins and bucs make it an interesting game when they play

SD is not the team to beat. The Shmets had them on the ropes last night with Brooks Barfinger at QB.

I'm a tad more worried about the Raiders, they had KC beat at home. We had them on the ropes but they had them beat.

As for the Bucs. I bet Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell have some good ideas about the weaknesses of one Carnell "Pontiac" Williams.

Archived