Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Thrash can't be returning punts anymore.. He's driving me nuts!!!

pratik97

Not to take away from a great win last night however I think we have some issues with our punt returning.

[rant]James Thrash is a HUGE weakness. Man this season he has just been a disappointment. It seems like he either 1) Always fair catches it inside the 10 or 2) lets it go and the other team downs it inside the 10. He just has NO quickness and that one play where he calls off the defenders to stay away and then picks it up and fumbles. We were VERY fortunate to have Prileau recover. Another one comes to mind where he had at least 15 yards to run on our 40 and fair catches. I dont care if you gotta put Moss back there, just do something to get rid of Thrash. He is slowly starting to make me hate him. I was yelling at the TV screen everytime the Eagles punted [/rant]

We're Old Mother Hubbard without any other players you want to risk returning punts in the Cupboard.

Thrash can and will have to get it done. I do not want to see S. Moss returning punts on a regular basis. If Thrash can't do it, somebody else on the roster will lose their job, because they will need to bring in a full time returner like A. Brown. In times like this, it does not pay to be the 53rd guy.

Thrash fills in with minimal mistakes after they axed Antonio Brown. Axeing AB was a mistake in my opinion, even though he had a costly turnover in week 1. We really don't have an answer for the return game. Betts in my opinion is not a good option because he does not have the speed. How about Cartwright? Someone who is not playing much needs to be developed into a servicable return man.

I agree about Moss getting hurt back there returning punts however he can be electric with the ball. Come with our push to the playoffs (hopefully) seeing him back there would be awesome later in the year and possibly the playoffs. Hey Darrell Green did it, Moss with room is one of the most exciting players in football. :cheers:

It's funny to read people's posts who think they know what they're talking about..

James Thrash mad 2 mistakes yesterday.

1. The Muffed punt

2. The Fair catch that he had room on

Can you blame him? I'm sure before that punt someone told him "PROTECT THE BALL". I'm sure that's why he did it.

There are 10 other guys on ST that be attributed to it's lack of production.. So you guys single out Thrash.. Nice.. Thrash is at worst servicable in the position, but most of the time he is reliable and solid.. His job is to protect the ball plain and simple that is what Gibbs wants.. Gibbs is happy with the additional field position but protecting the ball is priority one.. That's why you will continue to see Thrash back there because he's had one bad muffed punt return. And like the typical bullsh#t fans some of you are, you turned your back on him.

Getting really friggen fed up with you fickle fans. The man has given us years of service and with one play he's a bum.. Man some of you just plain suck.

Thrash provides a solid set of hands and you can rely on him to not usually screw it up, usually. He is also a decent slot receiver for short gains, he provides his good set of hands there. Also, remember what Gibbs said about character players, look at Sellars screwing up last year and how much we hated him, and suddenly this year he has been doing a lot.

NFC East Punt Returners:

Skins: Thrash: 9 returns for 74 yards (8.2 per return), 12 fair catches, longest return = 18 yards, 0 TD

Dallas: Crayton: 17/133 (7.8), 4, 25, 0

NY: Morton: 22/181 (8.2), 4, 52, 1

Philadelphia: Wynn: 15/70 (4.7), 7, 17, 0

On the replay, you can see he started to turn to lessen the impact of the hit and he didn't have the ball secured. It didn't hurt us and he doesn't do it very often. He will be fine. I was an Antonio Brown fan, but his fumble came closer to hurting us than Thrash's did, and he had a history of it.

I swear you'd think some people watch 1 game and then find Extremeskins to blather on about. Bench Thrash, bench Harris. Give me a break.

Thrash is an experienced special teams player, and knows what he's doing. Compared to most returners, he makes very smart decisions and RARELY mishandles a punt. He is not the best in the league, but he is the best overall suited for punt returns on our team.

Antonio Brown?? Please - the guy can't catch a cold. There's a reason why he's still a free agent.

Woah guys we are all fans here. no need for the hostility. I was mainly stating I think we would benefit with having someone else back there. I was not basing my opinion just on this game however quite a few games thsi year where he fair catches the ball or doesn't return the ball when he should be.

I like those stats as I'm a HUGE stat guy however those stats will never factor in occasions as far as inside the 10, our field position where he doesnt field the ball, etc. Again nobody take offense to my comments. :eaglesuck

Time for Antonio to come back? Can we trust him with the ball? :whoknows:

Jeff Bostic in preseason game vs Ravens "Antonio Brown needs a hand transplant"

I would rather have Thrash fair catching everything than Brown, back there in the elements against NFC East opponents during the push for the playoffs.

:logo:

Archived