Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

where did all the tech fans go???

jbooma

I think we can stop all the talk about the other Vick now going to the pros this year. He is not even close and the first real "D" he faced he was terrible. I was hoping Tech would win or at least make it close, but they forgot to show up for the biggest game of their lives, :doh:

So is the ACC Title game going to be a rematch of FSU and Miami?

We're still here an as devoted as we were Saturday afternoon. We're just taken aback from a humblind defeat. I'm still stunned myself. I guess it keeps things in perspective, like how hard it is to run the table in CF. Props to USC for what they've done. Time to focus on UVA and continue our Commonwealth dominance. Only way VT wins the ACC is if Miami gets overconfident and slips like we did.

Dammit.

We're still here an as devoted as we were Saturday afternoon. We're just taken aback from a humblind defeat. I'm still stunned myself. I guess it keeps things in perspective, like how hard it is to run the table in CF. Props to USC for what they've done. Time to focus on UVA and continue our Commonwealth dominance. Only way VT wins the ACC is if Miami gets overconfident and slips like we did.

Dammit.

:laugh: Slips. That's classic. The Hokies didn't slip. They were pushed. Hard.

I was going to say the same thing.

That wasn't a slip.

That was being taken out back and just beaten.

However, I enjoyed the announcers and the one guy's VT love. He was all about Beamer ball even when it was out of hand. He refused to see what was happening on the field. That's better than comedy central.

Yeah our boys definitley did not slip

Now I know how Miami fans felt in 2003, just hopeless the entire game until it was too late

Hats off to the Hurricanes, they came in and played hard and beat us. I never expected that considering the performance Miami has put up all season long

Good luck the rest of the way

Now could this be merged with the OTHER THREAD in the NCAA Section ;)

I am still here

Look at the NCAA section booma

We got beat by a better Miami team saturday night, no excuses, they came in and beat us

Hopefully we can go 10-1 and make a BCS Bowl as an at large

Still a damn good season

You don't want any part of Penn State my brother! :D

Hokie fan are still around. We are just licking our wounds.

VT got whupped by a better team. It was sobering (well, actually, it was quite the opposite:)) Hopefully the team now realizes it has to show up to play for every game and stop believing the EPSN, etc hype. I think they forget the whole lunchpail mentality thing.

You don't want any part of Penn State my brother! :D

You are the man haha :notworthy .

I watched VT before though, and in their defense, I know they (can) play better than that. Just a bad night - we ALL have those (ie: PSU vs Michigan). I felt bad for Vick. That one sack/fumble he got was monsterous. Where was your line, guys?!

Finish the season strong and maybe see ya guys in a bowl :)

You are the man haha :notworthy .

I watched VT before though, and in their defense, I know they (can) play better than that. Just a bad night - we ALL have those (ie: PSU vs Michigan). I felt bad for Vick. That one sack/fumble he got was monsterous. Where was your line, guys?!

Finish the season strong and maybe see ya guys in a bowl :)

The o-line had been playing well but was still a weakness going into this season

I was afraid the Miami D-line would dominate our o-line, but I honestly figured our D-line would destroy Miami's o-line also

Our O coordinator came out with one of the worst game plans ever. The "lets take 7 step drops and throw deep" game plan DOES NOT WORK against Miami

They have too much secondary speed, and that D-line is too good. We should have done what we did last year which was run right up the middle at them, and throw quick outs and slants

I really can't blame our D too much because they, along with Vick, were left out to dry, and would have only given up one TD if not for a bogus leading with the head call (I am not saying that would have been a difference in the game, the score instead would have been 23-7, rather then 27-7)

Point being, terrible night for us, great night for the Canes. Hopefully we win out and get a BCS bid, I would love to play PSU

the Hokie still can't give credit to the Canes!!

"I'm still stunned myself. I guess it keeps things in perspective, like how hard it is to run the table in CF"

then instead of giving Miami her due for undefeated seasons in 1987, 1991, 2001- national titles as well in 1989 and 1983- he brings up USC. after Miami just kicked Hokie butt :cool:

Archived