Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rabach holding?!?!? horrible refs

moondog

was i the only one that threw something out the window and called the refs every name in the book when they called a bs holding penalty on rabach when we picked up a first and were gonna chew up the clock, score, and end the game......thank God we won anyway:doh:

man has david patten really done anything for us this year??? i almost died when he didnt keep his feet in bounds...i guess he has had some big catches in a game or two but im not even sure if he has 200 yards receiving i think if we could not fumble the ball 3-4 times a game my cardiologist would be happy...

No complaints about the refs from me tonight. Yeah, the Rabach call was chump ... but the replay booth was very kind to us tonight, and that's not something I'm used to around here any more.

I'm thinking the word on officiating this week should me "mum." :)

I thought it was a horrible call,i couldnt believe it,its sad that the refs have so much control over the game.

I wish the zebras would let all the ticky tacky crap go,and only call

the very obvious infractions,the games would go a whole lot smoother.

No complaints about the refs from me tonight. Yeah, the Rabach call was chump ... but the replay booth was very kind to us tonight, and that's not something I'm used to around here any more.

I'm thinking the word on officiating this week should me "mum." :)

I agree, tho I'd have to say, all the replays were the right calls. Had they called the McMillan play a catch on the field, I don't think they overturn that either. That was just inconclusive. I actually thought the Portis catch was out of bounds until I saw the replay...

Jason

:applause: Whoo-hooo!! Yay!! I will be smiling all week now! I agree about that holding call but ya know I've heard President Gibbs say many many times over the years that everyone gets bad calls and it's just something you have to deal with. I think the officiating was much better this game than quite a few others this season where it almost seemed these officials were biased somehow.

All I know is we played our hearts out now maybe folks will have to start to admit the Redskins are a very viable team and (hopefully) potential playoff contender. Wouldn't that be SOOOOO awesome?!?

I love you REDSKINS!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy in Virginia Beach

(Redskins winning made me feel better about the Hokies miserable loss yesterday:( )

The only possible infraction that could have been called on Rabach to give rise to a holding call would have been if he'd grabbed a fistful of jersey, which I couldn't see on the replay. Otherwise it was bogus.

I agree though that overall the officiating was good.

I agree, tho I'd have to say, all the replays were the right calls. Had they called the McMillan play a catch on the field, I don't think they overturn that either. That was just inconclusive. I actually thought the Portis catch was out of bounds until I saw the replay...

Jason

Same here. How lucky are we that they overruled that McMullen catch on the field before going to the booth??

I felt the same way about Portis' play. I think we just got the benefit of everything being inconclusive after we got the call on the field.

As for the Rabach hold, I was very upset because I think we drive down and kick a FG to ice the game if it's not called.

man has david patten really done anything for us this year??? i almost died when he didnt keep his feet in bounds...i guess he has had some big catches in a game or two but im not even sure if he has 200 yards receiving i think if we could not fumble the ball 3-4 times a game my cardiologist would be happy...

On the interference call, great adjustment by Patten to an underthrown pass forced the Eagles DB to interfere. Also, his locker room leadership, coming from a SB team, has been a great help.

That had to be the biggest chicken@!#@#** call I have seen in a long time. What was the umpire thinking? That had to be an Eagle fan. Not only was this not a hold, but it was so far away from the play, I couldn't understand the call anyway. Aren't the refs looking at the area of the person with the ball? That could of cost the game. The refs must learn to understand a penalty so far away from a play should be overlooked anyway. It was a great block, no hand holding anything, it would have been a horrible shame if the outcome of the game changed because of that call. Fire his ass.

Archived