Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memo to Media: Make up your mind about the Eagles, already

NoCalMike

This is getting to be repetative and annoying. When the Eagles are doing well, they all want to remind us "well they were in the NFC Championshp game 3 years in a row without TO" and whenever they getting shut down on offense, it is ALL BECAUSE TO is out.....

MAKE UP YOUR MIND and stick with it.

Did anyone catch Sportscenter immediately following the game? See this is exactly what I am talking about. First off in 17-10, game, there should be ample time to show all the scoring highlights, right? NOPE, they show the Eagles score the TD, then pick it up when it is 10-7 Skins, why? To show more McNabb passing.

Here is my gripe, am I wrong or did McNabb routinely throw for over 300 yards, leading the Eagles to a LOT of Wins, BEFORE TO? The Eagles owned the NFC East before TO ever put on an Eagles jersey, yet now because they don't have TO on the field, that is a scapegoat by the media. This is just old and I had to listen to the Eagles get props for losing the game. Just Ridiculous.

Did anyone catch Sportscenter immediately following the game? See this is exactly what I am talking about. First off in 17-10, game, there should be ample time to show all the scoring highlights, right? NOPE, they show the Eagles score the TD, then pick it up when it is 10-7 Skins, why? To show more McNabb passing.

Here is my gripe, am I wrong or did McNabb routinely throw for over 300 yards, leading the Eagles to a LOT of Wins, BEFORE TO? The Eagles owned the NFC East before TO ever put on an Eagles jersey, yet now because they don't have TO on the field, that is a scapegoat by the media. This is just old and I had to listen to the Eagles get props for losing the game. Just Ridiculous.

I'll do you one better, my buddies and I were celebrating and the like, then I notice on Sean Salisbury's break down they show nothing but Eagles highlights. Isn't that something that's reserved for the winning team? To show what things they did in detail form to win the game? No, they chose to show how the Eagles didn't need TO to be successful yada yada yada. They were successful at passing the ball and all that....

B - U - T

They lost the game. Why not break down what the Skins did to control McNugget? I hate the mediots.

Frustrating as a Skins fan, yes. But remember, the networks try to appeal the widest possible audience nationally. The big "story" in the NFL this week is/was T.O. and McNabb. Nothing like some fresh video to use as backdrop to feed the media cycle.

Dont' sweat it ... if we win next week to go 6-3, the media will be fawning all over us again just like prior to the Giants game.

No, the point of my thread, wasn't that they are reporting on TO's problems, the point is, the media is flip floping on whether the Eagles can be a contender without him. When TO was injured last season, the media kept mentioning how the Eagles were a NFC Championshp game team 3 years without him, yet this season they seem to think the Eagles are horrid without TO.........they need to make up their mind on how good a team the Eagles are without TO.

Archived