Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris - Merged

FunBunch7

During the offseason we need to pick up another quality cb, better pass rusher, and some better ol players. I figure the 2 biggest diffrences from last season are playing harris instead of smoot, and pierce seemed to run the defence better.

The only problems with our offence I see is protection by the offensive line which is also hurting our running game, besides that we may be able to improve on our #2 wr.

Alot of people need to calm down, Harris is a solid corner. Yeah he missed a few tackles but he has played well in coverage. I'm anxious too see Rogers get his shot at being the starting corner but i don't wanna see him rushed into being the starter just because Harris missed a few tackles...

Don't overreact so much.

Harris has been solid, and just had a bad week.

Bad two weeks.

Carlos Rogers on the other hand had to great games when replacing harris.

its time for carlos to take over permantely

And carlos is not being rushed. He played very well in his two starts and excellent as a third back.

Your guys forget that he was better than antrel rolle last year. And hes a top ten draft pick, he needs to play. We cant have 2 1st round draft picks on the bench.

And walt harris is a bum.

I agree that Rogers is looking better and better every week but dont be so hard on Harris. I probably wouldnt say that if we lost but we won and if you need to be reminded of what Harris is capable of rewatch some Cowboys highlights. He was awesome that game and very good the others. These last two weeks have been pretty ugly for him though. Hopefully he can turn it around and we can see more of our first round pick.

Don't overreact so much.

Harris has been solid, and just had a bad week.

He's been REAL bad in back-to-back games.

I'm not saying that he should be nickle quite yet, but Rogers looks like he's getting up to speed a bit more, and if Harris' struggles continue, he has to be replaced. The whole D is predicated on people doing their parts, and over the past two games Harris isn't.

There's one thread on this board about how fickle the mediots at ESPN are, and how one week we're the team to beat according to them, then as soon as we lose, we're horrible. Well, I see the same garbage spewing out of your own mouths right now.

Similar situation last year with Brunell and Ramsey. Everyone wanted Burnell's head on a plate and wanted to run him out of Washington, but now you're all on his bandwagon.

In my opinion, Harris has been solid, but yes, had a couple bad weeks. But remember, the coaches know more than you and if you think otherwise the rest of your life is probably just as much a delusion. When Williams feels comfortable putting Rogers in he will.

Some people must not comprehend what it means to truly support a team. Booing a member of the Redskins if he's a team player is just plain stupid, and there seemed to be a lot of that at Fed Ex in recent history. If someone messes up and costs us something, hope that he can gather himself back up and contribute on the next play. Especially if that guy has had nothing but a team first attitude, like Harris. If they've got a bad attitude (don't like to give him any more attention than he gets already, but such as TO) then it's open game. But if a guy is trying his best, give him a hand and a chance to make up for it. If Harris can't contribute to the level we need, there's Carlos waiting in the wings. When Williams feels it's time for Harris to take a back seat to Rogers, appreciate what Walt has done for us up to this point, and wish him well wherever he ends up, be it nickel, the bench, or another team.

:logo:

He's been REAL bad in back-to-back games.

I'm not saying that he should be nickle quite yet, but Rogers looks like he's getting up to speed a bit more, and if Harris' struggles continue, he has to be replaced. The whole D is predicated on people doing their parts, and over the past two games Harris isn't.

To be fair, EVERYONE looked bad last week.

Walt Harris has looked bad for three weeks......If you look @ the game as a whole, I thought we allowed the Eagles to Hang around....Walt's poor tackle plays definitely helped the eagle to sustain drives and stay in the game.....I would give him one more chance , but he needs to wrap people up....he could hurt us big time the way we play close games

:logo:

Archived