Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Portis Threads

Drkstar

do we have any outside running plays in our book???

I am very concerned with our inability to open holes for Portis. I thought that our new passing threat this season would force defenses to stay honest and thus would greatly benefit Portis but it seems that the problem is that our line cannot create lanes for him to run through.

PS. It seems that we cannot tackle either. COME ON DANIELS! COME ON HARRIS!

This isnt a thread to bash him but to figure out what he doesnt have.

I mean when you are going to say you are one of the top back in the NFL gotta prove it.

When I see portis run I see very poor vision, of course hes tough a great blocker and decent reciever but you gotta be able to see the hole.

All of the good running backs have that ability to feel that the hole is not there and attempt to bouce it outside... When portis tries to bounce it his shoulders always stays square which takes away from his speed and also puts him off balance...

Note: It is good to keep your shoulders square going straight up feild, but when you are cutting or bouncing gotta turn em.

Is this in coaching or player performace .... I DONT KNOW... but as a die hard skins fan i want to start seeing the dynamic homerun hitting running back we were all promised.

Anyone else have any observations that are limiting his running abliity

This isnt a thread to bash him but to figure out what he doesnt have.

I mean when you are going to say you are one of the top back in the NFL gotta prove it.

When I see portis run I see very poor vision, of course hes tough a great blocker and decent reciever but you gotta be able to see the hole.

All of the good running backs have that ability to feel that the hole is not there and attempt to bouce it outside... When portis tries to bounce it his shoulders always stays square which takes away from his speed and also puts him off balance...

Note: It is good to keep your shoulders square going straight up feild, but when you are cutting or bouncing gotta turn em.

Is this in coaching or player performace .... I DONT KNOW... but as a die hard skins fan i want to start seeing the dynamic homerun hitting running back we were all promised.

Anyone else have any observations that are limiting his running abliity

Funny, I was just thinking how glad I was he's a Skin.

Game is far from over so lets not get 2 happy but I was just thinking. Yes I know Portis doesn't have a lot of yards or TD's to be one of the highest paid RB in the NFL. But this guy is great. I mean watching the game, he is all over. Great blocks for Brunell to have time, great block for Santana. I think all the people saying Portis is highly overated, we need Sean Alex. need to stop and relieze there is more to a RB than stats and TD's. Besides, the guy brings smiles and laughs, something we been lacking in DC sports for a long time.

ps. - wizards are 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the skins are up on the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!! can life get any better?

Portis is doing well like he always does,just some expect a 150+ yd rushing game and 3 td's...nope a running back is more than that,catching swings,blocking blitz packages and the play he made on the fumle to save a touch down.Its not jus this game but every game that goes unheeded,he is great and i have no lack of faith in his ability to win for us with little things that end up big.

I think Clinton Portis is a premier back in this league....

I for one am very glad to have him as a SKIN... I think he is a team player, a leader, and just a good guy to have on any team.... yeah he hasnt had the best season running the ball.. but he has played through numerous dings and injuries... he is KEY... again KEY in our passing game... he blocks against the rush sometimes better than our lineman... he is always cheering other players on and other plays... he just gives 100 percent all the time..... he is quickly becoming a core redskins in my opinion.... he never downs the organization or the coaches.....

also if he didnt hustle and stop that fumble return this game could have had a different outcome.... he was downfield for a pass on that play... and ran all the way through the line to stop the guy... not to mention the catch he made on the sideline where a whole lot of other backs in this league would have given up on totally....

I know you have to produce numbers and stats in this league... but there are also other things that help a team out... I think he will get his stats and numbers also.. but right now the other stuff he does for this team is having a huge impact... he is a leader of this team....

O yeah I almost forgot.. he is a snazzy dresser as well hahahahaha....... :logo: HAIL

Archived