Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone still a little concerned about Westbrook?

Bleeding Burgundy

Not concerned about Westbrook at all. I think he's overrated, and now overpaid. However, I'm HIGHLY concerned about our run D, and I fully expect Philly to come out trying us on the ground. I hope by some miracle Griffin plays and Salave'a forgets he's aching. We need to control the line. If we do that, I think we're OK.

I am not concerned about Westbrook running from behind the line of scrimmage, but I always worry about the Screen plays, because Westbrook has a lot of acceleration.

Yeah, the only thing I'm worried about is someone getting out of position on a screen or a draw or something and giving up a big play. As far as normal running plays go, we can shut him down.

Westbrook and the TE position should command the bulk of our attention on Defense.

Well, that and getting after McNabb. I have a feeling Williams will turn them loose tonight since McNabb is not as much a threat to run or burn them downfield with TO.

In a word...Yes. Without T.O. I suspect that Westbrook will be catching the ball a lot tonight, he becomes a featured receiver. Westbrook will probably touch the ball about 30 times tonight, and we must stop him to win this game.

:eaglesuck

What about Pinkston, and that other dude...McNabb?

In case you missed it, Pinkston has long been out for the season.

Me, I'm always worried about Westbrook. The guy always seems to get his yards against us. I also think of everyone in the offense, he's the one who is indispensable.

Jason

Westbrook is every bit as tough as Tiki Barber...You better be worried! Since when have the Skins been dominant against small running backs? Emmitt was small and he murdered us and Westbrook has always been effective against us. It's the size of the fight in the dog remember that.

Archived