Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CBS, TO not suspended? (Merged)

carter23

They can not suspend him. They had no legal right to do so. They have to still pay the guy because he could turn around and file suit against the Eagles. I heard a report last night that Andy Reid could not comment on the suspension because of legalities.

That may or may not be true. It's up to the team and it's team conduct rules, which if I am correct, is part of what T.0. signed when he joined the Eagles. It's a bit of a genralized rule, but if what he's doing is interpreted as breaking those team rules, it is within their rights, ( it's in the CBA too I believe), to do so. Legally. Teams have done so for many reasons in the past including off the field troubles and such.

What does it mean "leave his options open" if hes inactive, hes not playing right?

By stating he is suspended......TO and the players union could file a grievance.

Inactive means he still isn't playing, correct?

Right.........however, the team has up until an hour or so before the game to decide who is inactive. I think it is an hour....but may be a bit longer.

I thought that conduct detrimental to a team was a non-paid suspension? I could very possibly be wrong though

I believe it can be either paid or unpaid......depending on the team's decision.

Bottom line......the eagles are currently in trouble with TO and his effect in the locker room.

Blondie

this season the eagles are nothing without TO they dont have enough balls to cut their ties with him

Exactly.....

I'm sick of it all. Play, don't play, who cares. The Skins have to take care of business whoever is on the field.

Archived