Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CBS, TO not suspended? (Merged)

carter23

i didn't see this, so if it was covered, i apologize

but i just saw during the ravens - bengals game that TO is not suspended indefiently... hes just inactive for tonights game.. apparently, andy reid wants to 'keep his options open'

the eagles FO needs to grow some balls and do something about him

That doesn't surprise me. I loathe TO's off-the-field antics as much as the next guy, but I feel each team has an obligation to the fans to put forth their best effort every Sunday. If that means TO plays out this season, I don't fault the Eagles. If that means he sits on the bench, so be it. I'd definitely be looking at getting rid of him after this season though.

They can not suspend him. They had no legal right to do so. They have to still pay the guy because he could turn around and file suit against the Eagles. I heard a report last night that Andy Reid could not comment on the suspension because of legalities.

All I know is that TO is not playing tonight and that's what counts. I don't care what the so called experts say. I keep hearing the redskins won't win??? Am I missing something or is the eagles running game practically non existent? The eagles defense if I am not mistaken gave up 49 points last week gave up 21 or so against the chargers in which they probably should have lost the game. All I know is that I am glad that the redskins are going to be the somewhat underdogs.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Personally I wouldn't punish myself or the team because of one players words.

I would punish him in another way. And if he dropped any balls in the game out of protest, I would punish him some more.

Honestly, I would ignore his words.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Personally I wouldn't punish myself or the team because of one players words.

I would punish him in another way. And if he dropped any balls in the game out of protest, I would punish him some more.

Honestly, I would ignore his words.

Reports indicate that it is more than words.

He apparently went "Michael Westbrook" on Hugh Douglass. Jay Glazer reported that after an argument between the two, Owens got out of a wirlpool, put on his shoes for traction, and started a fight with Douglass. After being separated, he challenged any other Eagle to fight if they had problems with him by claiming he would do to them what he did to Douglass.

It is more than words if this is correct.

The one phrase in all of the reports that we never heard up to today was "... according to the papers filed in the league office..."

In the A. Gates situation, we learned that once papers are filed a players suspension can not be lifted. Thus far, we have yet to hear of any paper work in this case. The Eagles are hesitating for a reason. The question is what's the reason.

Archived