Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does TO's suspension make the game harder or easier to win?

MikeB

That might be true under normal circumstances, but consider that the Philthy Buzzards have other "issues" of late. The lack of a running game, getting crushed in Dallass and losing other important games, and their QB's bruised McRibs.

I think this is an additional controversy from a key contributor that they really don't need right now!

Over the long run this will probably help Philly. But they've still been distracted the entire week, the suspension is too late to prevent that. On the whole it makes them a much weaker team, and they'll have to adjust to a changed passing game with TO out of the picture.

I agree, meaning Philly will be better off for it next year. I don't think they can rebound from this crisis this week or probably the rest of the season, considering the rest of their receiving corps.

Hmm. Damn shame too. :D I really hate to see things like this happen (snicker), especially to such a beloved (cough) team like the :laugh: Eagles. :D

:finger:

Back to the future.

The Eagles will revolve around McNabb and Westbrook again. They will return to the days of quiet dominance with screens, draws, toss plays, and passes out in the flat that frustrate opponents. This is actually their bread & butter so they will be returning to their basics.

This irks me, because plays like those to the outside have given us trouble all season no matter who ran them. Sunday, we are facing the best in the league at running those dang dink & dunk plays.

The absence of Owens may hurt their intermediate passing game, but it won't matter if our "D" can't stop plays that attack the edges.

Here's to covering sideline to sideline men... Now go knock somebody down!

Honestly, it was probably better to face them with Owens in the line up. Keeping all of them emotions on the field like that would of surely hurt the Eagles.

But I still think the Redskins can win this game. The Eagles have no running game so right now they are one dimensional.

Since you all know I am not a homer, I will speak. From the guy who predicted last Sunday morning that the Giants would put up 30 points on us....

The Skins will beat the Eagles this week and the Eagles will score 17 points....1 of their scores could come on a turnover. We win now that T.O. is gone.

Redskins 20 Eagles 17

The Skins are playing the 2005 Eagles, but regardless of whether they were playing the 1972 Dolphins or the 1976 Buccaneers, they have all the motivation they need from that 36-0 drubbing they took last week. That and the 12th man at their back is all they should need to prevail. They need to take advantage of not having to worry about TO. If the Eagles try to run they need to stop it early and force Reid to go back to his pass attack. They need to get a few nice shots on McNabb early. Finally, they need to watch out for trickery by the Eagles, such as an onside kick or a halfback option......I really think the Fatman has some things up his sleeve for tonight.

If anybody thinks Owens didn't make a difference on that team, they're crazy.

What would the Eagles record be this year without him?? Not very good.

They are LUCKY to be where they are right now.

If they come out pumped up tonight, so be it.

The Skins also should be fired up (you would hope) :rolleyes:

National TV audience, at home, against a hated division rival.

If the Skins come out flat tonight..............well, let me say this, we're not headed in a very good direction.

Back to the future.

The Eagles will revolve around McNabb and Westbrook again. They will return to the days of quiet dominance with screens, draws, toss plays, and passes out in the flat that frustrate opponents. This is actually their bread & butter so they will be returning to their basics.

This irks me, because plays like those to the outside have given us trouble all season no matter who ran them. Sunday, we are facing the best in the league at running those dang dink & dunk plays.

The absence of Owens may hurt their intermediate passing game, but it won't matter if our "D" can't stop plays that attack the edges.

Here's to covering sideline to sideline men... Now go knock somebody down!

IMO, you hit the nail on the head in the way Philly will go about their game planing with the decreased down field threat. I also think that Williams will have worked on protecting the edges extensivly this week, and we may get some completely new looks from our D.

McNugget isn't the running QB he once was by desing of Reid, and the injuries prohibit him even more. I see him as the biggest key to this game. We have got to hit him early, and cause him more discomfort back there. He's a warrior, and that can work against Philly if he hangs in while hurtin.

The worst part for Skins fans is the Eagles probably just turned into a running team.

So Andy Reid is so stupid that he needs TO to be out before he realizes that he can run the football?

If fans have thought about it, so has he. He's seen the film. He knows what has worked in the past.

I'd rather the Eagles be a running team without TO, than with him.

TO being suspended is good news for us no matter how you spin it.

Archived