Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor shadowing Brian Westbrook

SkinsTillIDie

With TO out (what? didn't you hear?!), their wide recieving duo, in my opinion, ranks in the lowest tier of starting duos in the league. Springs and Harris/Rogers shouldn't have too much trouble, and that's why I believe the Eagles will run a lot this game. They'll try to control the clock, keep the game close, and hope that their defense will win the game for them. With a hurt McNabb and a lack of a wide reciever threat, I would really be shocked if they came out throwing, especailly after last week's debacle.

Therefore, Westbrook becomes by far their most important player. He is their biggest threat on the ground and through the air, and if we stop him, I think we'll pretty much stop that offense. I expect him to get 35+ touches. To stop him (and stop that offense), why don't we have Taylor shadow him throughout the game? Taylor is probably one of a few players who has the unique physical attributes to be able to stay with him on the ground and through the air, with the coverage and speed skills of a corner but the tackling skills of a linebacker. Wherever Westbrook lines up, we should have Taylor there too.

Westbrook is the key to that offense - if we shut him down, we should shut them down. I'm sure that Coach Williams has something up his sleeve, but I think it'd make a lot of sense for Taylor to shadow Westbrook throughout the game.

injuries and t.o. out doesn't make a difference. reid wants to throw the ball. now he will probably throw the ball a lot to westbrook, but i don't think they are going to get away from it at all. their line isn't a run blocking line, it's tough to just switch the game plan that suddenly at this point in the season.

now, having st shadow westbrook is not a dumb idea at all. but i'm sure williams doesn't want to limit st to just one role. i think la and marcus can both run with him, so we'll see. but westbrook is definitely the guy we have to stop

Westbrook will definitely be the focus with TO out, but I don't really see this happening because Greg Williams likes to mix things up a lot. He definitely won't be slipping under the radar though. Even when McNabb drops back to pass, the focus will still be on Westbrook.

I like that idea........ New England knew that the way you stop WB is to smack him hard, early and often. A few solid hits and he's not so active anymore.

We'll have to watch out for LJ smith also. He'll probably get some extra balls thrown his way. Unless we force a ton of 3 & outs!!!

Archived