Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woolly Caterpillars Predict Mild Winter; Government Forecasters Vacillate

China

Classiest WR of the NFL East?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Classiest WR of the NFL East?

• Terrell Owens - speak outs agains his last 2 QBs.
    • Keyshawn Johnson - yelling matches with QB & coach.
    • Plaxico Burress - arrested twice for drunkeness.
    • Santana Moss - quietly on pace to break NFL record.

Caterpillar contest predicts mild winter

Wednesday, November 2, 2005; Posted: 1:56 p.m. EST (18:56 GMT)

HAGERSTOWN, Maryland (AP) -- If you believe the caterpillars, maybe people in the mid-Atlantic states won't need as much wool this winter.

story.woollybear.doa.jpg

The caterpillars' coloration varies.

Children collected about 20 woolly bear caterpillars for an annual contest in Hagerstown, Maryland, this week.

A judge says the brown and black crawlers were mostly brown. Tradition dictates that means a fairly mild winter.

The Hagerstown Town and Country Almanack sponsors the woolly bear inspection.

Its 209th edition makes it the nation's second-oldest continuously published periodical. The Old Farmer's Almanac is five years older.

Government forecasters say there's an equal chance of above- and below-normal temperatures in the region from December through March.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Government forecasters say there's an equal chance of above- and below-normal temperatures in the region from December through March.

Way to go out on a limb! :doh:

Does that mean you don't eat crabs, lobsters or shrimp?

mmmm lobster. mmmmm shrimp. Just because I don't trust them, I'll eat em. They're bugs.

But they're not as nasty as slimy, gross, slow moving NASTINESS that is the caterpillar, slug, and worm.

mmmm lobster. mmmmm shrimp. Just because I don't trust them, I'll eat em. They're bugs.

But they're not as nasty as slimy, gross, slow moving NASTINESS that is the caterpillar, slug, and worm.

So then you don't eat escargot?

i'm a very picky eater. I won't eat fish, anchovies, tomatoes, salad dressing, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, cream cheese, caviar, sushi, scallops, etc etc ETC....you think i'ma put a damn SNAIL in my mouth?!!

I didn't think so. I'm guessing no raw oysters either then.

:laugh: Maybe you;ve never seen what a lobster eats, believe me, a worm eats far far less disgusting stuff then a lobster. . . they are after all the ****roaches of the ocean.

:laugh: Maybe you;ve never seen what a lobster eats, believe me, a worm eats far far less disgusting stuff then a lobster. . . they are after all the ****roaches of the ocean.

yes, but lobster tastes so damn good. MMMMMM buttery lobster.

My Grandparents have lived in Maine for about 23 years. While the rest of my family adores lobster, my Grandpa HATES it. His Maine license plate had a picture of a lobster on it....he whited it out with paint. When my family gets together for a big lobster feast (maybe 10 of us)...my gpa sits there and eats hot dogs. It's wild.

mmmm lobster.

Caterpillar contest predicts mild winter

Wednesday, November 2, 2005; Posted: 1:56 p.m. EST (18:56 GMT)

HAGERSTOWN, Maryland (AP) -- If you believe the caterpillars, maybe people in the mid-Atlantic states won't need as much wool this winter.

story.woollybear.doa.jpg

The caterpillars' coloration varies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go out on a limb! :doh:

Such an exact ......science?

i'm a very picky eater. I won't eat fish, anchovies, tomatoes, salad dressing, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, cream cheese, caviar, sushi, scallops, etc etc ETC....you think i'ma put a damn SNAIL in my mouth?!!

No fish at all? Are you mad? And what's wrong with tomatoes! Tomatoes rule! And you don't eat ANY salad dressing? That is about the wierdest eating habit I've ever heard of...very strange.

And Scallops are the BOMB!!!

I agree about oysters...raw or cooked they are uber-disgusting. :puke:

No fish at all? Are you mad? And what's wrong with tomatoes! Tomatoes rule! And you don't eat ANY salad dressing? That is about the wierdest eating habit I've ever heard of...very strange.

And Scallops are the BOMB!!!

I agree about oysters...raw or cooked they are uber-disgusting. :puke:

fish isn't for me. doesn't taste good. Tomatoes are GROSS. My mom loves em, as does just about every other member of my family. My brother and I...nope. I've never eaten a salad in my life. How can you be satisfied by eating a damn bowl of leaves? But salad dressing....barf. I don't even like touching the bottle in the fridge. Smells nasty. I know 2 other guys that are the same way. Scallops are FOUL!

fish isn't for me. doesn't taste good. Tomatoes are GROSS. My mom loves em, as does just about every other member of my family. My brother and I...nope. I've never eaten a salad in my life. How can you be satisfied by eating a damn bowl of leaves? But salad dressing....barf. I don't even like touching the bottle in the fridge. Smells nasty. I know 2 other guys that are the same way. Scallops are FOUL!

i don't like those fancy green salads that taste like grass. basically i like lettuce and i don't like tomatoes either. i take them off sandwiches and salads. i do like ketchup...sometimes.

edit i don't like fish either! :laugh: particularly fishy fish with bones and smelling fishy. i can deal with fastfood fish and fishsticks, but fresh fish is kinda gross. i do like sushi. :laugh:

Tomoatoes RULE! Fish and Sushi RULE! I used to hate tomatoes when I was younger -- I reached up to grab a peach on the counter and took a big bite...only to find out it was a tomatoe. That kept me away for 5 years or so!! :laugh:

How can you have NEVER eaten a salad in your life? I don't believe that. Your parents had to have made you eat salad growing up, at least once. Salad RULES!

wow, i mean, im not a fan of salads either, but I eat them for nutrients/roughage. I like eating anything and everything, well with limits to being vegetarian. However, I do hate squash/eggplant/zucchini/whatever, those things just make me barf (literally).

A like cold winters, I dont want to have a mild winter, but yeh, the foliage has taken soo long to even change color, and stuff hasnt even fallen off yet. Temperatures are still waaaay too warm for this part of the year, I normally remember like highs of 40s by now.

Archived