Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Your Favorite Guitar Player?

DeanCollins

That's why I mentioned him. I mean I'm as big a Page, Hendrix and (probably my REAL fave) Eddie Van Halen fan out there. But Lifeson is just overlooked because of Neil's drumming. I think he's the most overlooked guitar player in history. Anybody uninformed about this cat check out "Working Man", "Anthem", "La Villa Strangiato"

Hell, how many dozens of songs does he absolutely tear up? :no:

So true i you even gotta throw out the popular songs like "Limelight" and "The Spirit of Radio". Heck even "Freewill" "Closer to the Heart", or "The Trees". I could go on forever.

I totally agree about Alex Lifeson. He DOES get overlooked because of Neil Peart, but he's definately one of the best of all time.

My band is playing Tom Sawyer and Limelight and the solo's in both songs are odd, yet perfect for those songs, no one could have written anything better.

I love his use of the higher strings on rhythm parts rather than just chugging along on the lower string like so many others do. He's very original definatley one of my favorite players.

That's why I mentioned him. I mean I'm as big a Page, Hendrix and (probably my REAL fave) Eddie Van Halen fan out there. But Lifeson is just overlooked because of Neil's drumming. I think he's the most overlooked guitar player in history. Anybody uninformed about this cat check out "Working Man", "Anthem", "La Villa Strangiato"

Hell, how many dozens of songs does he absolutely tear up? :no:

Damn you! Now I've go to throw on La Villa. I'm actually pleasently shocked at all the love being given to Lerxst.

I've always found the intricate melodies by the team of Dave Murray and Adrian Smith incomperable.

Archived