Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

North Carolina Redskin Fans

dcoles11

I've lived in North Carolina my whole life, my life starting in 1981. I started watching the Redskins when I was kindergarden. Yes, I watched all the games, I didn't quite understand everything but I knew we needed to end up with more points to win the game :D

They happened to win the Super Bowl that year, don't know if I quite appreciated it as much as I would now.

I'm interested in how other Redskin fans have stayed with the Redskins since the Panthers have come in and taken the Skins out of our tv market.

This is the first year since the Panthers came that i've actually been able to watch all the games. A bar finally opened up down town that has direct tv.

Also, do you hate the Panthers? I do, I hate them for one because of how hard they made it for me to actually see a Redskins game and I hate them because their fans are fake.

If you are in your 30s or older how in the world are you a Panthers fan? You either did one of two things if you are a 30 year old or older Panther fan, you ditched a team you previously liked in favor of the Panthers which is just wrong or you didn't even like football enough to have a favorite team until the Panthers showed up.

I'm going to get direct tv next season, its a must now.

I moved to Wilmington in '95 from the DC area to go to UNCW. That was the first year of the Panthers. I couldnt get any 'Skins coverage as a result of this. To this day I cannot stand even participating in an anti-Panthers argument. It isnt worth my time. I always attend when the Skins go to Charlotte to root my team on. They had Rick Flair with his 'WOOOOOO" at the beginning of their game. Seriously? I am on board with you on this.

GO SKINS

i live right on the Va , Nc border but luckily i get all the Skins games -- have for at least 32 years -- i would have to move otherwise :D i personally don't really care one way or the other about the Panthers - but what i really hate is people who claim to love the Skins when they are winning and only then - if we have a bad season(s) they move on to become Panther fans -- screw em , they were never fans to begin with and i don't mind telling them exactly how i feel :D :redpunch: :hammer:

Just get the NFL Sunday Ticket and don't concern yourself with the Panthers, or their fans. I have gone to every Skins/Panthers game since Carolina was granted an expansion franchise and can report that, for the most part, their fans have been very gracious when I've caught the games in Charlotte. The only thing that drives me nuts about their fans is their inability to remain seated while play is in action. Word to the wise, don't ever buy tickets for aisle seating at BoA Stadium. Soccer moms and their progeny get up so many times during the game that you'd swear it was a Monty Python skit designed to test your patience.

Perhaps as their franchise ages it will observe the traditions of other NFL cities where fans eat up in the parking lot during the tailgate and only take bathroom breaks during TV timeouts and stoppage in play.

season-ticket holding family - skins fans from maryland since the 40s....we live in NC now, and this is what i've been preaching for TEN YEARS, since i was eleven. I'm finally old enough to go to sports bars on sundays and have a good time, so for the first time in years I havent had to just listen to the games that aren't on FOX here.

i HATE the panthers. panthers fans are as classless as any in the NFL, I was harassed the entire game in charlotte, and it was a preseason game! charlotte is really close to south carolina, and it's miserable traveling to the southwest corner of the state. full of rednecks and NASCAR crowds (sorry, joe, but a lot of the nascar fans, well....)

whenever people ask me where my loyalty to the state's team is, I ask them where there loyalty is to whoever they pulled for pre-1994.

I happen to be stationed in NC (Ft. Bragg)but Im from DC through and through, I've always been a Redskin fan, I like to see Carolina do well so long as it doesn't interfere with the skins because it seems to be a bond between NC and DC other than the letter "C", most people from DC have some family in NC.

I live in Greensboro..but 6 of us are headed to the game Sunday...usually 1 per year...we get the Skins here about 6-8 times per year on cable depending on when the Panthers play..otherwise its to a bar or bro-in-laws house...I don't particularly like the Panthers..but at this point..probably the best team in NFC

Raised in Virginia... life longe skins fan. Moved to Raleigh in 1998. I hate the Panthers because they keep taking the 1PM Sunday Fox TV airing from the Redskins. I simply hate it when the Panthers and Redskins play at the same time. Happens about 10-12 times per yer... Love sunday night... not even the panthers can screw this up

I've lived in North Carolina my whole life, my life starting in 1981. I started watching the Redskins when I was kindergarden. Yes, I watched all the games, I didn't quite understand everything but I knew we needed to end up with more points to win the game :D

They happened to win the Super Bowl that year, don't know if I quite appreciated it as much as I would now.

I'm interested in how other Redskin fans have stayed with the Redskins since the Panthers have come in and taken the Skins out of our tv market.

This is the first year since the Panthers came that i've actually been able to watch all the games. A bar finally opened up down town that has direct tv.

Also, do you hate the Panthers? I do, I hate them for one because of how hard they made it for me to actually see a Redskins game and I hate them because their fans are fake.

If you are in your 30s or older how in the world are you a Panthers fan? You either did one of two things if you are a 30 year old or older Panther fan, you ditched a team you previously liked in favor of the Panthers which is just wrong or you didn't even like football enough to have a favorite team until the Panthers showed up.

I'm going to get direct tv next season, its a must now.

Raised in Virginia... life longe skins fan. Moved to Raleigh in 1998. I hate the Panthers because they keep taking the 1PM Sunday Fox TV airing from the Redskins. I simply hate it when the Panthers and Redskins play at the same time. Happens about 10-12 times per yer... Love sunday night... not even the panthers can screw this up

YOu should definitely come to the bar.....you'll definitely be welcomed....

Hello NC Skin's fans,

Nice to see so many have not caved in to the pressure to be Panther's fans. I was born & raised in Maryland and moved to triad area in 1987. All of my neighbors are ex-skins fans that say they pull for the Skins, but have enjoyed bashing me year after year. I will not be converted. That would be like turning on my family.... I don't mind if Carolina wins a few here and there, as long as it doesn't have playoff implications or a potential hedgerow against my Skins. It's tuff when we lose and Im at a sportsbar. Man, I'd rather take an ass whoopin' then put up with a bunch of loudmouths that don't know anything about dedication to a team. Hail!

I was born in Washington DC but moved to NC at the age of 7, just after they lost Super Bowl VII to Miami. But I was already hooked. Grew up watching every Sunday with my Father.

When the Panthers came along, I was mildly interested, but there was no thoughts of becoming a fan. I go to their games from time to time, usually if they don't conflict with the Skins.

Skin fans who switched to the Panthers were never REAL fans in the first pace.

I lived in Maryland most of my life. I moved to NC 6 years ago and half of my college was here. I now live in Scary (lol) and go to Beef O Bradys to watch the games. I do not hate the Panthers. If I HAD to choose a second team it would be them.

Archived