Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Owens Status Upgraded

jimster

Injured Owens Returns to Practice

http://sports.iwon.com/news/11032005/v0022.html

Nov 3, 3:32 PM (ET) Email this Story

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Terrell Owens returned to practice Thursday, a day after he was listed as doubtful for Philadelphia's game at Washington on Sunday.

Owens sprained the same ankle he had surgery on last year in last Sunday's loss to Denver. He was upgraded to questionable for the Eagles' matchup against the Redskins.

"He did a nice job," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "We limited his reps, but he did a nice job when he was in there."

Reid said Owens has been spending most of his time in the trainer's room trying to get his ankle ready.

"It's a matter of getting the swelling out," Reid said. "We'll see where it's at tomorrow."

The All-Pro wide receiver has 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns this season. He severely sprained his right ankle and broke his right leg at the end of last season, missing the final two regular-season games and the NFC playoffs before returning for the Super Bowl.

Quarterback Donovan McNabb missed his second straight practice with a rib injury, but Reid said he felt "quite a bit" better. McNabb has played through a sports hernia most of this season.

Not really a smokescreen if they are upgrading his status on Thursday...

I think it was just him being a drama queen.

Actually, I believe it was a media outlet(ESPN) perpetuating the image of him being a drama queen, in order to boost its ratings for a game it is showing on its network Sunday Night.

Not really a smokescreen if they are upgrading his status on Thursday...

I think it was just him being a drama queen.

I agree...I think its more of a "TO and the Eagles FO" thing, not an "Eagles/Redskins" thing. TO is trying to get a new contract, and all this pandering and positioning is an attempt to do just that.

the sad part is that Shawn Springs will probably contain Owens and yet the Redskins will find other ways to help the Eagles, with turnovers and poor line play.

I am not that worried about Owens at this point, on one or two legs :)

Agreed, I'm more worried about the skins shooting themselves in the foot than either of TO's legs.

Archived