Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Losses=Warrick Holdman

Drunken Master III

This guy is just flat out horrible. This guy has about 15 tackles in 7 games. Ray Lewis can get 20 in one. This was one of the worst free agent pick ups that we have made in a long while. :doh:

your right however i dont think we had any other choice. i think he is by far the weakest link on the D, dispite the fact that our D-line is so banged up

Wow. Incisive.

I agree, he does cut close to the bone with this one.

For the record, I'm glad he's on the bench. May want to chalk outside linebacker in as another offseason need for the team (in addition to possesion receiver, pass rushing DE, and O line depth).

Sorry, to ascerbic above. We've just talked the issue of Holdman to death.

First of all, it's not all on Holdman. I broke down six of the big plays against us and Holdman was in the correct position as much as he wasn't. Holdman isn't responsible for Taylor biting too hard on action in one direction, or for Marshall or Bowen overrunning a play, or Daniels not being athletic enough to tackle a RB while unblocked in the backfield, or Wynn not being athletic enough to get free of a blocker.

We're bitter about his statements after the fact and even more so because of the loss this past week, but losing Pierce hurt us defensively. It forced us to move Marshall, who was a competent WLB into the MLB spot where he's neither as effective as he was at WLB, nor as effective as Pierce. Without Arrington either healthy or fully schooled/disciplined enough in the scheme, we had to turn to Holdman to start despite the fact that he's never been anything more than a merely acceptable starter in this league, and that was a serious knee injury and two teams ago.

Our depth at LB is just not very good, and our overall athleticism on the d-line and at LB, particularly without Lavar in the lineup, is poor. While Holdman is part of the problem, he's certainly not all of it.

This guy is just flat out horrible. This guy has about 15 tackles in 7 games. Ray Lewis can get 20 in one. This was one of the worst free agent pick ups that we have made in a long while. :doh:

What were you saying??? I couldn't get pass your sig! Nice

don't blame losses on one guy no matter how bad he is or is not. it truly is a team game

Yes, which is why anyone who said that Gregg Williams was right to not be playing Lavar should now admit that he and they were wrong. Gregg made it seem like one player could ruin his whole defense and he couldnt be trusted out there. Now he realizes that the player he had out there, shouldnt be playing at all.

I agree, he does cut close to the bone with this one.

For the record, I'm glad he's on the bench. May want to chalk outside linebacker in as another offseason need for the team (in addition to possesion receiver, pass rushing DE, and O line depth).

Actually I would love for us to get a real quality MLB. Lamar can be the backup or in for relief of Lavar. He did a great job last year that that position and I think his size suits him a little better there.

So a depth guy who signed for the league minimum is the reason we lost games? Wake up man.. saying something like t his really makes people think you know nothing about football. Did he make Rock fumble against KC? Did he not convert the 2 point conversion against Denver? Did he fumble kick returns at NY? To equate losses directly to a linebacker is idiotic. There is a reason Arrington is paid 20 times what Holdman is being paid. The sad thing is, he doesnt even talk to area media because people make it seem like he held Arrington's family at gunpoint. He is what he is, but to blame losses on him shows very little intelligence. Everyone always looks for a scapegoat. If Taylor whiffs on a tackle people say "It's ok, it wasnt his fault... it was the whole team." Give me a break.

Thats funny. Not too long ago there were fans on here saying there was no reason to start Lavar. Holdman was doing a decent job.

You said it, isn't it funny how the tables turn. That being said Holdman has always been a marginal starter, which I think makes him quality depth. The Redskins just need to use him that way (that was what he was brought here to do, not start).

First of all, it's not all on Holdman. I broke down six of the big plays against us and Holdman was in the correct position as much as he wasn't. Holdman isn't responsible for Taylor biting too hard on action in one direction, or for Marshall or Bowen overrunning a play, or Daniels not being athletic enough to tackle a RB while unblocked in the backfield, or Wynn not being athletic enough to get free of a blocker.

And what's happening to him when he's in position? He's getting the :pooh: blocked out of him. That he is responsible for.

Thats funny. Not too long ago there were fans on here saying there was no reason to start Lavar. Holdman was doing a decent job.

Wow! Some fans thought Holdman was doing a decent job? Lavar can create plays while Holdman lets the other team create plays.... Most of the long run plays against the skins D were from the weak side. I don't understand why he's still starting!

Archived