Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is what I'm subjected to.

Westbrook36

Living in Hawaii, which is the most liberal state in the union, I'm subjected to having to hear stupid bull**** propagandist opinions all the time. I log into my ****ING COLLEGE email and I have an email from HPU......FROM HPU talking about an upcoming event they are sponsoring.

In light of the ongoing investigation of Karl Rove, the Viewpoints Film Series presents a special screening of "Bush's Brain" at the Sea Warrior Center this Friday, November 4, 1-3pm. The documentary will be followed by a faculty panel discussion.

In his review of "Bush's Brain," Jeff Shannon wrote: "The film's

shattering allegations and heartbreaking testimonies suggest, in no uncertain terms, that [Karl] Rove is pulling the Presidential strings, remaining virtually untouchable while winning elections by any means necessary. As a fascinating study of alleged corruption and unchecked ambition, 'Bush's Brain' is anything but balanced, but it's an important film that invites viewers to draw their own conclusions."

All films in the Viewpoints Film Series are free and open to the HPU community and their friends.

For more information about this screening and the Viewpoints Film Series, please contact Professor Phyllis Frus, Co-Chair of the series, at stupidbiatch@hpu.edu.

Last time I checked, I'm paying these idealogues to waste my time, not try to influence my young, fragile mind. I'm incensed that this crap is coming from the university to my official university email. :mad:

Living in Hawaii, which is the most liberal state in the union, I'm subjected to having to hear stupid bull**** propagandist opinions all the time. I log into my ****ING COLLEGE email and I have an email from HPU......FROM HPU talking about an upcoming event they are sponsoring.

Last time I checked, I'm paying these idealogues to waste my time, not try to influence my young, fragile mind. I'm incensed that this crap is coming from the university to my official university email. :mad:

Unfortunately, you're going to a private school, and it sounds like you knew what you were getting into when you paid the bill. Even a public school wouldn't be in any trouble for this because of deference to academic freedom, so all you can do is complain ... or transfer to somewhere that's safely conservative ... like the University of Anchorage.

In fairness, Westy, they only QUOTE a review in that description. Now, I'd argue they are working around 'objectivity' by quoting someone else, but oh well.

I have to admit, back at Michigan, we didn't get those emails unless we were on some list for a specific reason. I wonder if school started sending out more emails, though, because it was an easy way to advertise an event and more efficient than all those damn fliers they'd post.

Did it go out to everyone? If so, hit "reply to all" and send out a one-sentence response to the announcement. Then, a minute later when you think of another sentence, do it again. After about 80 of them, life should be better. (You still might be p*ssed, but it's a whole lot more fun being p*ssed when everyone else is p*ssed too.)

(edit) Oh, and you might ask them when they're going to show a pro-Bush film, or perhaps something like FahrenHype 9/11 or Celsius 41.11.

Most universities are considered "liberal"... I hate it too. They all assume that just because you're young that you are going to be a democrat. Vanessa Kerry came to JMU to speak and advertised it as if a GOD were coming or something. I joined college republicans my freshman year but always had conflicts on meeting nights, but at least I tried to get MY voice heard.

You can't assume people are certain parties because of their age, race, or outside appearance. Many teachers are democrats- I'm not. A lot of women tend to be democrats- I'm not. I've dated black men- who are largely considered to be democrats....and I admit 99% of them have been or they just "hate Bush" just because they want to....my ex of 5 years- he and his parents are Republican.

SO...for all you people trying to throw views like they are the norm in college- it is not always the case. I knew plenty of republicans. Don't send out emails, they just piss people who don't want to be a part of that off.

Did it go out to everyone? If so, hit "reply to all" and send out a one-sentence response to the announcement. Then, a minute later when you think of another sentence, do it again. After about 80 of them, life should be better. (You still might be p*ssed, but it's a whole lot more fun being p*ssed when everyone else is p*ssed too.)

(edit) Oh, and you might ask them when they're going to show a pro-Bush film, or perhaps something like FahrenHype 9/11 or Celsius 41.11.

:laugh: :laugh:

I went to an ultra liberal college down in NC for 2.5 years. What a crock of :pooh:

They claimed to be so open minded and they claimed that everyones feelings and views were respected. My ass. They were the most intolerant people, if you were pro Bush (I've since wavered on my stance, this was 99-01) or conservative, you were ridiculed up and down. Not just by the students, but by the teachers as well.

Oh no you read an e-mail about a liberal film being screened.....quick call the police and report that your little baby virgin eyes were harmed by viewing this announcement to an event you aren't forced to attend. booo hooo hooo

I'm sorry I have very little patience for college republican whiners. In my experience they walk around in search of bias just so they can paint themselves as victims and be just like their whiney liberal counter parts.

:laugh: :laugh:

I went to an ultra liberal college down in NC for 2.5 years. What a crock of :pooh:

They claimed to be so open minded and they claimed that everyones feelings and views were respected. My ass. They were the most intolerant people, if you were pro Bush (I've since wavered on my stance, this was 99-01) or conservative, you were ridiculed up and down. Not just by the students, but by the teachers as well.

Of course they respect everybodies feelings and viewpoints, as long as they are in agreement with thier own. :laugh:

Oh no you read an e-mail about a liberal film being screened.....quick call the police and report that your little baby virgin eyes were harmed by viewing this announcement to an event you aren't forced to attend. booo hooo hooo

I'm sorry I have very little patience for college republican whiners. In my experience they walk around in search of bias just so they can paint themselves as victims and be just like their whiney liberal counter parts.

Destino, I see your point of view but try to appreciate mine. I'm paying these people for an education, not to force their liberal viewpoints on me via semi-official means (university email).

For anyone who says I am crying....it didn't ruin my entire day. I just thought it was a sad state of affairs when a learning institution would stoop to this level.

We all already know the result of this Sunday's game so why waste time discussing it in here

What do you mean by "we" ?

Please don't lump me in the same boat as you, if you are going to make such clueless statements. Only one of us knew the result of Sunday nite's game.

And it wasn't you.

Destino, I see your point of view but try to appreciate mine. I'm paying these people for an education, not to force their liberal viewpoints on me via semi-official means (university email).

For anyone who says I am crying....it didn't ruin my entire day. I just thought it was a sad state of affairs when a learning institution would stoop to this level.

How are they forcing anything on you? All you got was an e-mail about an event you don't even have to attend. When I attended George Mason I was greated with G. Gordon Liddy doing a live show from the lunch area....I had to either listen to that retard or not eat.

Guess what I did?

I had myself a sandwich and listened to what the man had to say. Didn't agree with most of it but so what. A different point of view, even if it is bias as hell, isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm certainly not going to complain the school forced him on me. I'm glad they bring things like this to campus.

The republicans really enjoyed it. Good for them. I'd rather be happy for their getting a chance to see a guy they like then worry about the other stuff.

Archived