Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Reid refutes TO injury report

JimmiJo

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/13061997.htm

Reid refutes TO injury report

By Marc Narducci

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Eagles coach Andy Reid today refuted an ESPN report that wide receiver Terrell Owens told the team that his status for the next two games would be in jeopardy because of a sprained ankle.

"I hadn't heard that," Reid said during his news conference today at the Nova Care Complex. "I don't worry about that. It's a day to day thing, that's the way he is approaching it and we'll see how it goes. As far as I know, from T.O and my trainers, that is what it is."

Owens was listed by Reid as doubtful for Sunday's game at Fed Ex Field against the Washington Redskins.

"He is hurting and sore," Reid said. "It's going to be a fight to get him there Sunday."

Owens has caught 47 passes for 763 yards and six touchdowns this season. He was among a number of players who are battling injuries.

Punter Dirk Johnson is out for the season after Reid announced he has been put on the injured reserve list with a groin injury. He was replaced by rookie Reggie Hodges, who appeared in five games this season for the St. Louis Rams.

Hodges averaged 38 yards on 22 punts after being selected in the sixth round from Ball State.

Also on the injury front, defensive end Jevon Kearse didn't practice Wednesday because of a shoulder sprain and is listed as day to day and is questionable for this week, according to Reid.

Quarterback Donovan McNabb didn't practice due to a rib contusion.

He is listed as day to day. Reid said that McNabb is probable.

McNabb indicated that he would be in the lineup. When asked if he was close to not playing, McNabb said, "No. I love this game too much."

McNabb said he suffered the injury after getting hit and falling on the heel of guard Shawn Andrews.

"It's sore, but I look forward to getting better each day." McNabb said.

Archived