Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Division could very well be ours!

Higgs44

-Do you think T.O. is really hurt or just afraid to play against Sean Taylor?

You people have to stop with this stuff now. No one is afraid of Sean Taylor. You all said the same thing about Plaxico and his shoulder injury last week. The only guy who looked scared on the field last week was Taylor on Shockeys TD catch. After Shockey broke away from Arrington Sean Taylor was the only guy who had a shot to keep him out of the endzone, Taylor could have went high and tried to stop Shockey with steam ahead of him, but bailed out on the tackle by going low with a little courtesy shoulder

He was also out of position on several long runs in the game.

Hes a good athlete who right now isnt even one of the top 5 or 6 safeties in the sport.

The G-men schedule:

@ SF

Minn

Philly

@Sea

Dallas

@Philly

KC

@Wash

@oakland

They could POSSIBLY lose 6 of those games, but that is rather unlikely, I see them losing 3(@Sea, @phi, @Was). That would put them at 11-5.

The skins would have to go 7-2 to tie. to win the division we would have to sweep either the Iggles or Cowgirls.

The Eagles are 4-3 now, their remaining Schedule:

@Wash

Dallas

@ NYG

GB

Seattle

NYG

@StL

@Arizona

Wash

If we beat them this weekend and the Giants beat them in two weeks, they wont be able to lose another game.

The cowgirls are 5-3, their remaining schedule:

bye

@Philly

Detroit

Denver

@Giants

KC

@Wash

@carolina

StL

I say they lose 4 of those putting them at 9-7. They will lose three of these games(@phi, @NYG, @Was, @Car) and probably 1 of these (Denver, KC).

You people have to stop with this stuff now. No one is afraid of Sean Taylor. You all said the same thing about Plaxico and his shoulder injury last week. The only guy who looked scared on the field last week was Taylor on Shockeys TD catch. After Shockey broke away from Arrington Sean Taylor was the only guy who had a shot to keep him out of the endzone, Taylor could have went high and tried to stop Shockey with steam ahead of him, but bailed out on the tackle by going low with a little courtesy shoulder

He was also out of position on several long runs in the game.

Hes a good athlete who right now isnt even one of the top 5 or 6 safeties in the sport.

Bet you would still like to have him. And yes, players are scared of getting hit by Taylor. He is a monster. You are basing his talent off one game! Have you watched him play at all? (besides last Sunday). Everyone on the Skins had an off game on Sunday.

He is a monster. You are basing his talent off one game! Have you watched him play at all? (besides last Sunday).

I have watched and known of Sean Taylor before you ever knew he exsisted, all the way back to his hurricane days when he dominated florida st on a rain soaked field his junior year. Hes a tremendous talent, who at this very moment is not half as good as you all give him credit for

I have watched and known of Sean Taylor before you ever knew he exsisted, all the way back to his hurricane days when he dominated florida st on a rain soaked field his junior year. Hes a tremendous talent, who at this very moment is not half as good as you all give him credit for

First off don't tell me what I know and when I learned it. Secondly one thing you cannot deny is this kid can hit as good as anyone in the league. Players back down from him time and time again. Sure he still needs to improve on certain areas, but he is still a hell of a player. Alot better than anyone in your secondary.

Also, for example, Roy Williams is considered a top safety in this league. But he gets burnt in coverage on a regular basis. Thats his weakness. Every player has one. Just for kicks , what 5 or 6 safties would you consider better??

Also, for example, Roy Williams is considered a top safety in this league. But he gets burnt in coverage on a regular basis. Thats his weakness. Every player has one. Just for kicks , what 5 or 6 safties would you consider better??

At this point Roy Williams is a better player, even with his liability at times in coverage, he is the single most sure tackler in the league and is outstanding in run support and an awesome blitzer. Dawkins is better. Ed Reed is better. You won't want to hear it but at this point Troy Polamalu is a much more advanced player, he doesnt contribute to giving up long runs by getting caught in the wash and taking a wrong angle.

Thats about it right now. And I have no problem admitting that Sean Taylor has more physical ability then all of them. Entering the 04 draft I thought the 4 best players were Eli, Ben, Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow JR, in that order. Obviously Winslows 2 major injuries, 1 on and 1 off the field, have sidetracked his career. Sean Taylor may very well one day be the best safety in the league, maybe the best DB period. But he isnt there yet, and given the fact that hes not the sharpest knife in the draw, its no lock that he will be either

With a name like "Eli The Future" you are being quite bold in saying Sean Taylor isn't as good as everyone thinks he is.

Eli had better be the Giants future, cause in the present he isn't nearly as good as all the goons on ESPN say he is.

Have you seen his stats from the game vs the Redskins where he supposebly became the best QB in the NFC according to again the goons on ESPN?

12 for 31.....146 yards, 1 TD 1 INT.........wow what a great performance, sounds like Joey Harrington numbers to me.

Must be nice to have that last name, it gets him alot of credit for stuff he's not actually doing.

How many times did the Giants have to settle for a FG in the redzone because Eli couldn't get them in?

The way Tiki Barber ran the ball you would think that would have opened up the passing game for the golden boy, but not so much.

Like I said, I hope Eli gets down on his knees and thanks god for that last name of his, because without it, nobody would be lining up to put their lips on his rear like they are now.

With a name like "Eli The Future" you are being quite bold in saying Sean Taylor isn't as good as everyone thinks he is.

Eli had better be the Giants future, cause in the present he isn't nearly as good as all the goons on ESPN say he is.

Have you seen his stats from the game vs the Redskins where he supposebly became the best QB in the NFC according to again the goons on ESPN?

12 for 31.....146 yards, 1 TD 1 INT.........wow what a great performance, sounds like Joey Harrington numbers to me.

Must be nice to have that last name, it gets him alot of credit for stuff he's not actually doing.

How many times did the Giants have to settle for a FG in the redzone because Eli couldn't get them in?

The way Tiki Barber ran the ball you would think that would have opened up the passing game for the golden boy, but not so much.

Like I said, I hope Eli gets down on his knees and thanks god for that last name of his, because without it, nobody would be lining up to put their lips on his rear like they are now.

Its impossible to have a more dense, ridiculous view then you do. First off, don't ever compare breaking into the league as a QB to breaking into the league as a DB, cause anyone who knows football will laugh you out of the building. 2nd off, lets see where Eli ranks compared to some great QBs in NFL history at this point in his career, this is a road you do not want to travel down because there is no retort that will do anything other then make you look silly

In his 2nd year in the league, and first full season, he is on pace to throw 30 TD passes. Something Montana did 1 time in his career, his 9th year in the league. Heck, he didnt even throw 20 until his 5th season.

Tom Brady has yet to throw 30 Tds in a season. His brother Peyton didnt do it till his 3rd year, Eli is doing it in his first full season. Brett Favre didnt do it until his 4th year. John Elway never threw 30 TD passes. Jim Kelly did it once, in his 6th year.

You wanna start comparing what Eli is doing at this point in his career to what Favre, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Jim Kelly, and a SLEW of other hall of fame QBs were doing at the same point in his career? I don't think you do, because its an argument that is going to make you look awfully silly.

Just to further illustrate it, here are how some HOF QBs fared in their 2nd season in the league compared to Eli's projections this year....

2nd year HOF QBs

Eli 3,566 yards 30 TD 11 INT

Elway 2,598 yds passing 18 TD 15 INT

Aikman 2,579 yds passing 11 TD 18 INT

Montana 1,795 yds passing 15 TD 9 INT

Favre 3,227 yds passing 18 TD 13 INT

Kelly- Didnt even play until his 3rd year

Young- 2,282 yds passing 8 TD 13 INT

You want to talk about active guys who may/may not be going to the hall of fame? McNabb didnt even approach what Eli is doing right now in his 2nd season. McNair? Not likely to go to the hall now, but was similarly dwarfed by Eli.

Fact is, there are only a couple of guys in the history of the league who even remotely approach what Eli is doing this season at a similar point in their career.

The guy is on pace to throw 30 TD passes in his 2nd season, first full season, in the NFL, and is the QB for a team that has led the league in scoring at the close of each of the first 8 weeks of this season. Being a Redskin fan you should know how impressive that is, being that youve only had one year in your teams history where a guy threw 30 TDs, and that was Sonny Jurgenson way back in 1967. This will be Eli's first, and it won't be the last. Fact is, if you followed the NFL even remotely closely, you'd know that QBs do not enter their true prime unti their 5th or 6th year. The future Eli has ahead of him is off the charts.

[quote name= Eli's projections...

Eli 3' date='566 yards 30 TD 11 INT

The guy is on pace to throw 30 TD passes in his 2nd season,[/quote]

Sounds like a lot of speculation to me...key word..projections....So lets say Jason Cambell starts next year...just for sake of argument and throws 3 TD's for 350 yards and 1 int...lets do the math....

JC 5600 yards 48 TD 16 INT....

Lets wait until the spoiled brat gets the numbers before you induct him into the Hall ok...?

We all know he is a spoiled brat and is lucky his last name is Manning, I am tired of hearing about Eli and tired of the Mannings attitude of being Blue Blood NFLers. Their sence of entitlement is amazing!

The G-men schedule:

@ SF

Minn

Philly

@Sea

Dallas

@Philly

KC

@Wash

@oakland

They could POSSIBLY lose 6 of those games, but that is rather unlikely, I see them losing 3(@Sea, @phi, @Was). That would put them at 11-5.

The skins would have to go 7-2 to tie. to win the division we would have to sweep either the Iggles or Cowgirls.

The Eagles are 4-3 now, their remaining Schedule:

@Wash

Dallas

@ NYG

GB

Seattle

NYG

@StL

@Arizona

Wash

If we beat them this weekend and the Giants beat them in two weeks, they wont be able to lose another game.

The cowgirls are 5-3, their remaining schedule:

bye

@Philly

Detroit

Denver

@Giants

KC

@Wash

@carolina

StL

I say they lose 4 of those putting them at 9-7. They will lose three of these games(@phi, @NYG, @Was, @Car) and probably 1 of these (Denver, KC).

All the games that Dallas have to play are winnable, the offense is alright, the defense will keep them in every game , believe it or not. :)

Its impossible to have a more dense, ridiculous view then you do. First off, don't ever compare breaking into the league as a QB to breaking into the league as a DB, cause anyone who knows football will laugh you out of the building. 2nd off, lets see where Eli ranks compared to some great QBs in NFL history at this point in his career, this is a road you do not want to travel down because there is no retort that will do anything other then make you look silly

In his 2nd year in the league, and first full season, he is on pace to throw 30 TD passes. Something Montana did 1 time in his career, his 9th year in the league. Heck, he didnt even throw 20 until his 5th season.

Tom Brady has yet to throw 30 Tds in a season. His brother Peyton didnt do it till his 3rd year, Eli is doing it in his first full season. Brett Favre didnt do it until his 4th year. John Elway never threw 30 TD passes. Jim Kelly did it once, in his 6th year.

You wanna start comparing what Eli is doing at this point in his career to what Favre, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Jim Kelly, and a SLEW of other hall of fame QBs were doing at the same point in his career? I don't think you do, because its an argument that is going to make you look awfully silly.

Wow you sound about as spolied as Eli, (Wahhh I don't wanna play for the Chargers). Listen child, I know this a message board but people skills still count, if you wanna talk down to me save it for a time when you can do it in person.

As for your ridiculous assumptions. So you are making projections for the rest of the season and his career based on what? Lets take a closer look at where ol Eli's numbers came from. You are making projections on an entire season based on a games vs these amazing defenses of the Cardinals, Rams, and Saints.

Against the Chargers the Giants were down by so much that they were throwing the ball every down against a bend but don't break defense based on the score.

The fact of the matter is vs 2 good defenses the Cowboys and Redskins he couldn't even complete 50% of his passes.

He has a famous last name, he gets more praise for doing less than anyone in the league. He is not the best QB in the NFC, he's not even the best QB in the NFC East, sorry ESPN goons, he's not.

If you wanna get in line and put your lips square on the back side of Eli Manning then do it on the Giants site with the rest of blind mice.

You literally owe an apology to Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Montana, and all the other for even mentioning that legacy bonus baby in the same breath with them.

I can name just as many QBs that started off with similar #'s to Eli Manning and didn't end up near that list of hall of famers you rattled off. It's 7 games into a season vs a bunch of soft defenses, projections at this point are (your favorite word) silly.

There about where I thought they would be, 4-3. Would have loved 5-2, but I feel good about them so far, even after that debacle in NY. A win this week would go a long way, I dont feel our upcoming schedule is as hard as the start has been. Especially helped with the fact that most of the tougher games are at Home.

No Owens for Eagles, McNabb is injured and not mobile. Arrington is finally starting again (Holdman benched). And the game is at Home... Skins will win this week, and start the Eagle Downward Spiral.

Then @ Tampa.... with no QB... You can bet the house GW makes Chris Simms try and beat him with 8 in the box.

Home for Oakland... Moss is banged up, yet again, seems like every season he gets hurt now. Still dangerous, but The skins havent had many problems with the slower RBs (Jordan), and have had very good Offensive days against the Bad defenses in the NFL.

Home for SD.... Gotta stop LT. Sean Taylor can defend Gates IMO and the rest of the D can take care of the WRs. SD's Defense is not that good at all. We slow down LT we win the game, especially at Home.

@ STL... This game scares me a little. Rams have a ton of speed, but are very much a jekyl and hide team. Rams could very well win this one on the turf.

@ Arizona... No run game. No Problem

Home for Dallas.... The new streak starts here. If we go back to the week 2 matchup, you would notice S.Moss repeatedly flying by Henry, but Brunell, whether rusty or what was under throwing him.... that is until the last 2 passes. Henry is a weak link, along with Williams. Skins win another emotional game

Home for Giants... Skins and G Men always split every year, I see no difference here. At home this could be for the division and Skins will be looking for some revenge!!!

@ Philly... This could be a sweep against the Eagles... why you ask, well because McNabb may very well be done for the year a few weeks before, opting instead for surgery during a lost season.

Your assessment is right, but the key is staying healthy. If we can stay healthy we will win the division.

Personally i think that the guy that posted this is way to confident. You say we'll beat all these teams but we've only won against teams that are mediocre at best. We've beaten the bears,cowboys,seahawks, and 49ners. The only team that is above average is the seahawks but they suck away from home so they're just about average. If we don't get our d-line healthy this team isn't going anywhere. You say T.O. isn't playing well guess what they've destroyed us without him plenty of times, Mcnabb isn't healthy but he's still posted good number this season. I'm sure last week you were one of the people saying we'd beat the giants handily and look what happened. Lets be realistic sometimes and give some teams credit like san diego, dallas, giants and the eagles. I saw you think the rams can beat us, what about dallas? I like how you point out that the giants and redskins always split but then you say we're starting a new streak with dallas... which is it are you going with past history or present day? I like how everyone looks back and says we dominated the broncos and chiefs.... and we should have won. Well dallas dominated us and they should have won. Then san diego comes here which is good for us because obviously we play way better at home like most teams in the nfl. Sean Taylor may be able to slow down gates he won't stop him though. Gates is the best TE in football you don't just shut down guys like him. LT is a monster and back to what i said earlier.... how are we going to stop him if griffin is out and salevea is playing injured and our Defensive ends if that's what you want to call them are non-existent? I think san diego game will be close if everyones healthy but if our d-line is still banged up then i'm giving this one to san diego.

As for your ridiculous assumptions. So you are making projections for the rest of the season and his career based on what? Lets take a closer look at where ol Eli's numbers came from. You are making projections on an entire season based on a games vs these amazing defenses of the Cardinals, Rams, and Saints.

Against the Chargers the Giants were down by so much that they were throwing the ball every down against a bend but don't break defense based on the score.

The fact of the matter is vs 2 good defenses the Cowboys and Redskins he couldn't even complete 50% of his passes.

He has a famous last name, he gets more praise for doing less than anyone in the league. He is not the best QB in the NFC, he's not even the best QB in the NFC East, sorry ESPN goons, he's not.

If you wanna get in line and put your lips square on the back side of Eli Manning then do it on the Giants site with the rest of blind mice.

You literally owe an apology to Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Montana, and all the other for even mentioning that legacy bonus baby in the same breath with them.

I can name just as many QBs that started off with similar #'s to Eli Manning and didn't end up near that list of hall of famers you rattled off. It's 7 games into a season vs a bunch of soft defenses, projections at this point are (your favorite word) silly.

First off, Im not making projections based on select games, all 7 games count. 2ndly, your view of the Charger game shows you obviously didnt watch it, considering the fact that Eli had over 200 yards passing and both of his TDs when the game was 21-20 at halftime.

I also stand by the statements that you simply have no idea what your talking about if you are trying to bash Eli for a historic performance thusfar given his lack of experience. You need a football lesson, starting with the fact that a football is brown

he didnt put up numbers against Washington because the game plan never had to call for it, we were running left to the tune of 10 ypc all day long

I guess Denver doesnt count as a good defense? All he did in his 13th NFL start was lead us down the field, not once, but TWICE in the 4th quarter including the game winning drive

he had a rough game against Dallas, in his 12th career NFL start. He also led us down the field in that game TWICE in the final 5 minutes, once to send it to OT

And the bottom line is, he is dwarfing those other all time greats at a similar point in his career. Rather then sitting back and trying to downplay it, you're just gonna have to accept it. We have owned you throughout the history of this league and will continue to do so going forward, and Eli as he progresses will be a huge part of that

Archived