Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can McCants do to us, what AP and TH did?

Bleeding Burgundy

The big thing is, do you really think that Coach Gibbs and Coach Williams didn't plan accordingly with the knowlege that Hasselbach (?) and Pierce were on the Giants? Clark was with the Giants last season and it didn't help us. Do you believe that Clark didn't give us some inside on the Giants?

I'm 32 now and I've been in football since I was 9, just like most people. As a current coach, I will tell you straight, you game plan for every situation. The Giants, not Tim Hasselbach or Antonio Pierce beat the Redskins. They out played us on all three phases of the game. The Giants played us like we played every other team this season.

The Redskins will be a different team when the Giants come to Fed Ex Field. There will be no 36-0 blowouts by the Giants. This however was a reality check. If the Redskins are going to be contenders this season, they can't believe that a victory over the 49ers is going to be the same as playing the Giants.

I doubt it. He'll be too busy painting a picture of TO and serenading Donovan McNabb with a soothing song on the sideline to mess up our plans.

He might sensitively explain how our offense strikes discordant notes that are sometimes off-putting, the defense has a simplistic communications style that stifles developing really nurturing relationships, and all the entire organization insist on implementing a garish chromatic scheme for team colors.

He might sensitively explain how our offense strikes discordant notes that are sometimes off-putting, the defense has a simplistic communications style that stifles developing really nurturing relationships, and all the entire organization insist on implementing a garish chromatic scheme for team colors.

That's pretty deep, I love it.

McCants will only be a threat if he gets on the field and actually does something.

Guest ComebackKing
... he hardly played... he was poor in practice... sure why not. AP did nothing to us. We did all of Sunday to ourselves.
You can't say that... You have no idea how much help AP gave during the week in film... Or what sort of insight he gave about our D. In fact I heard Tiki in a post game interview say they changed some of their offensive tendencies based off the studing they did of the Skins D I'm sure AP was a factor in this.

You can't say that... You have no idea how much help AP gave during the week in film... Or what sort of insight he gave about our D. In fact I heard Tiki in a post game interview say they changed some of their offensive tendencies based off the studing they did of the Skins D I'm sure AP was a factor in this.

Oh I'm sure he gave them information. That doesn't mean it was right or that it did anything helpful. If you watch the film the D was in position, just didn't tackle. They played poorly. The entire team did. I don't think AP made the WRs drop the ball, made us fumble the ball, etc etc. His contribution to the game was soley on defense making tackles. He didn't tell them anything that couldn't have been found out on tape.

I think Dmac was resigned

Eagles October 13: Re-signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants.

Eagles October 9: Activated defensive tackle Keyonta Marshall and defensive end Alonzo Jackson from the practice squad; released wide receiver Darnerien McCants and safety Jeremy Thornburg.

Eagles October 5: Re-signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants; placed defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis on injured reserve; signed defensive tackle Jason Jefferson to the practice squad.

Eagles October 1: Signed kicker Todd France from the practice squad; released wide receiver Darnerien McCants.

Eagles September 4: Signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract; activated punter Dirk Johnson from the physically-unable-to-perform list; released defensive ends Hugh Douglas and Jamaal Green, centers Dominic Furio and Jamaal Jackson, wide receivers Michael Gasperson, Carlos Perez and Chauncey Stovall, quarterback Andy Hall, defensive tackles Norm Heuer and Keyonta Marshall, punter Sean Landeta, linebacker Martin Patterson, fullback Jon Ritchie, guards Steve Sciullo and Scott Young, tight end And

... he hardly played... he was poor in practice... sure why not. AP did nothing to us. We did all of Sunday to ourselves.

I definetly don't think McCants can hurt the skins as much as AP did. AP was the signal caller on defense last year and knew Greg William's scheme inside and out. iT was obvious that AP had explained the Skins Defense to Eli and the Giants coaches. Did you see how many times Eli audibled at the line and checked into different plays to avoid blitzes? Eli looked like he was taught every single package

Among the most overblown things I've ever seen talk of is that Pierce and/or Hassleback helped the Giants figure us out. The ludicrous nature of the premise is, alone, enough to make you shake your head. Gregg Williams has been a defensive coordinator in this league for years. He's been organizing defenses for years. It's NO SECRET he teaches his defenses to read a specific set of keys designed to take something the opponents do well away.

There's a coaching article from back in 1998 or 1999 or something where he outlines his beliefs where he openly states he believes in taking something away from the opponent and if they can beat you by doing things they don't like to do then more power to them. Teams have sometimes gotten quick jumps on Williams very early in games because they go against tendency and force our defense to adjust. This is a well known thing.

Offensively I'm not positive, but, I believe our former Skins probably didn't tell the Giants defense to expect nine dropped passes either. We didn't execute and at least offensively we put up too little fight. It had very little to do with former players on the roster of the opposition.

Hey Giants we know you like to run strong side so we'll key on that and try to take that away but if you want to go against tendency and run weak side "more power to you". Were even willing to give Tiki 200+ yards. God I hope its not that easy to beat the Redskins D. Rather, I think that a lot of the Giants rushing yards did come on audibles when Eli recoqnized a certain blitz package. And to believe that AP, who by all accounts is "super football smart", was able to significantly help the Giants O is not necessarily overblowing it. (Sorry Art, I don't mean to argue, I know you're the boss, just debating. Hail to the Redskins)

Archived