Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey everyone! Another 50 Cent/Kanye Thread!

Spaceman Spiff

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/02/people.50cent.ap/index.html?section=cnn_showbiz

50 Cent takes digs at Kanye West

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rap feuds aren't usually about differing opinions on President Bush. However, that appears to be the case between 50 Cent and Kanye West.

50 says he disagrees with West's infamous statement that "George Bush doesn't care about black people," proclaimed during a September telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

Instead, 50 said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God."

It wouldn't be the first time 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, made comments that weren't flattering of West. In a September interview with MTV, 50 -- while otherwise complimentary of the popular "Gold Digger" rapper -- said: "I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me."

"After 50 Cent, (hip-hop fans) was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

West's second album, "Late Registration," has remained near the top of the charts since debuting August 30.

50 stars in the upcoming film "Get Rich or Die Tryin," a biopic of the rapper that is set to open November 9.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/02/people.50cent.ap/index.html?section=cnn_showbiz

50 Cent takes digs at Kanye West

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rap feuds aren't usually about differing opinions on President Bush. However, that appears to be the case between 50 Cent and Kanye West.

50 says he disagrees with West's infamous statement that "George Bush doesn't care about black people," proclaimed during a September telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

Instead, 50 said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God."

It wouldn't be the first time 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, made comments that weren't flattering of West. In a September interview with MTV, 50 -- while otherwise complimentary of the popular "Gold Digger" rapper -- said: "I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me."

"After 50 Cent, (hip-hop fans) was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

West's second album, "Late Registration," has remained near the top of the charts since debuting August 30.

50 stars in the upcoming film "Get Rich or Die Tryin," a biopic of the rapper that is set to open November 9.

50 Cent is so funny...he acts like hip hop music started when he released his first album...Kanye has been around producing for hip hop and R&B stars long before 50 cent got his record deal with Shady/Aftermath...Kanye doesn't need 50 to sell a record...Kanye has the G.O.A.T. Jay-Z on his side...I think Kanye will be fine.

50 Cent is so funny...he acts like hip hop music started when he released his first album...Kanye has been around producing for hip hop and R&B stars long before 50 cent got his record deal with Shady/Aftermath...Kanye doesn't need 50 to sell a record...Kanye has the G.O.A.T. Jay-Z on his side...I think Kanye will be fine.

true but many knew 50 cent before Kanye :silly:

But who knew Kanye prior to last year as far as the entire US. I just heard of him last year. I remember 50 3 yrs. ago.

But who knew Kanye prior to last year as far as the entire US. I just heard of him last year. I remember 50 3 yrs. ago.

So what? 50 is claiming that he is the cause of Kanye's fame. Did you knowledge of 50 cent lead you to enjoying Kanye? Did your having heard of 50 somehow introduce you to Kanye when you otherwise would have never heard of the guy? No.

true but many knew 50 cent before Kanye :silly:

Well I was not one of them...I didn't hear of 50 Cent until Eminem signed him...I knew Kanye around the time Jay Z's Blueprint Album came out...Kanye produced "H to the IZZO" and "Takeover" (The song Jay-Z dissed Nas and Mobb Deep in) along with a a few more songs on that album...after that Kanye took off!

I had a soundtrack to this movie called "In Too Deep" starring LL Cool J and Omar Epps...I think it came out in 1999 or 2000...This past year I just realized that 50 was on the soundtrack...That is how much I paid attention to 50 before Eminem signed him.

Does anyone really care about either of these guys? Judging from each of their comments (West's on Bush; 50's on West) they both just talk because they think people want to hear what they have to say. :rolleyes:

Judging by the sales of their first 2 albums, a lot of people want to hear what they have to say!

Guest sith lord
i gained a little respect for 50 cause of that

Before he said that, I'm sure you hated him. 50 Cent is probably just mad he didn't say it first. Have there ever been a guy more full of himself than 50 Cent?

Guest sith lord

Let me ask everyone this. Why did 50 Cent wait so long to comment on this issue. Could it be because he has a movie coming out next week and he needs white people support for his movie to be successful. Just a thought.

Guest sith lord
oh come on, there are other ways for 50 to beef than defending the President.

just goes to show he has more common sense than about half the democrats in this country..:notworthy

Oh, now he has sense. Before he made that comment, he was nothing more than a millionaire gangbanger to a lot of you.

Isn't it obvious that 50 cent said this because he wanted to get his name in the press before his movie came out. I mean, it's been like 2 mo. since 'ye made his comments about GW. Why else would mention he bring it up now?

Also, 50 cent needs to check himself. He's a crappy rapper. Granted, 'ye is only a mediocre rapper, but at least he can come up with a great beat. And he works with Jon Brion, which is really just cool.

As I was listening to "Drive Slow," the first time, I broke out the liner notes saying, "This has to be one of the tracks co-produced by Jon Brion." Strangely enough it wasn't. I still think this is weird, because it sounds like it uses a sample from "One" by Aimee Mann, which was produced by Jon Brion.

"Yup! I got it from here 'ye. Damn!"

Let me ask everyone this. Why did 50 Cent wait so long to comment on this issue. Could it be because he has a movie coming out next week and he needs white people support for his movie to be successful. Just a thought.

Could you say the same about Kanye West?

If not, why?

Guest sith lord
Could you say the same about Kanye West?

If not, why?

No. Because what Kenya said probably alienated a lot of white people. And he didn't wait nearly as long to make his comment about Katrina as 50 Cent did. It just seem kind of funny that 50 makes this comment right before the premiere of his movie.

On a side note, I seen a lot of celebrities (black and white) step up to the plate in response to Katrina. Where was 50?

No. Because what Kenya said probably alienated a lot of white people.

:laugh:

Well I had never heard of Kanye West until he made these comments. Now he's all over the radio and I've seen his video, etc.

And BTW, you put waaay too much stock in what these guys say. I am white and he didn't alienate me. :rolleyes:

I realize he is only a musician. I think most white people do. If his music is good, that is all that matters.

How many Christians did the Beatles alienate when Lennon said they were bigger than Jesus? ;)

However, if his music is good, but nobody has ever heard of him? Well, I think you see where I'm going... PT Barnum said it best, just spell my name correctly.

Archived