Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put up or Shut UP!!! Eagles must be beaten!!

bbuzz1962

As big as the game was this past Sunday, this one is much bigger. I honestly feel the season is riding on this game. It is a divisional game, it is the defending NFC champions, and it is a team that seems to always have our number. Well, let's see how the players react to their fans obvious disapointent with the game against NY. What bothered me the most in the NY game, was the play of the offensive line. They were absolutely hammered. NY was the 31st worse defense in the league, and our offensive line made them all look like probowlers. The defensive line seems to be struggling again, but in the past, the LB's and secondary has been outstounding until the NY game. The defensive line MUST rush the QB and take McNabb out of the game. If he and TO start hitting early, then this will also be a long game. I questioned the heart and pride of this team this week, so I hope I am proven wrong, and they smash the Eagles, and get back into the divisonal race. Remember, NY, Dallas, and Philly are home games coming up with only one in Philly. These are must win games if we are to make the playoffs, or at least regain some dignity.

we could lose sunday but it wouldn't spell the end to our season....our schedule afterward isn't as bad as i originally thought.

say we lose sunday night....our next game is at TB, who currently doesn't have a quarterback and just lost to SF...not as tough a game as we might have thought a few weeks ago.

then we have Oak and SD at home...Oak is very winnable, if just for the fact you have Norv on the other sidelines...you know he's gonna screw something up. then SD at home is much better than on the road...i just hope we've figured out our rush defense problems by then. then at St. Louis who is also banged up at quarterback and may be soliciting job fairs for their head coaching position.

then at Arizona...they're not exactly Denver or KC.

home against Dallas and NYG...being at home puts us in the position of controlling our own destiny here...i think the revenge factor could be huge in both games.

then we finish up at Philly, which unless they have nothing to play for, this will probably be a loss.

so to sum up...

Philly: L

at TB: W

Oak: W

SD: W/L

at StL: W/L (i think we'll win one of these two games, and lose the other)

at Arz: W

Dall: W (could lose though based on the revenge factor)

NYG: W (revenge game for us)

at Phil: L

that comes to 10-6....and even if you add in a Dallas loss, we're 9-7...which may not be good enough for postseason, but it sure would be nice to finish above .500 for the first time since the flippin' 20th century.

so even if we lose this sunday night, it's not the end folks.

we could lose sunday but it wouldn't spell the end to our season....our schedule afterward isn't as bad as i originally thought.

say we lose sunday night....our next game is at TB, who currently doesn't have a quarterback and just lost to SF...not as tough a game as we might have thought a few weeks ago.

then we have Oak and SD at home...Oak is very winnable, if just for the fact you have Norv on the other sidelines...you know he's gonna screw something up. then SD at home is much better than on the road...i just hope we've figured out our rush defense problems by then. then at St. Louis who is also banged up at quarterback and may be soliciting job fairs for their head coaching position.

then at Arizona...they're not exactly Denver or KC.

home against Dallas and NYG...being at home puts us in the position of controlling our own destiny here...i think the revenge factor could be huge in both games.

then we finish up at Philly, which unless they have nothing to play for, this will probably be a loss.

so to sum up...

that comes to 10-6....and even if you add in a Dallas loss, we're 9-7...which may not be good enough for postseason, but it sure would be nice to finish above .500 for the first time since the flippin' 20th century.

so even if we lose this sunday night, it's not the end folks.

I like the way this guy thinks.

so to sum up...

How can you say a team that will have lost 4 of it's last 5 will turn around and win 4 out of 5 against TB, SD, StL, Dall, and NYG?

Sorry if that sounds negative (a big no-no on ES) but to me, I'm being realistic.

How can you say a team that will have lost 4 of it's last 5 will turn around and win 4 out of 5 against TB, SD, StL, Dall, and NYG?

Sorry if that sounds negative (a big no-no on ES) but to me, I'm being realistic.

it's not negative...it's a good question. and it's one i can only answer with the cliched "I've got that gut feeling"

also, teams like TB and StL aren't as strong as we thought when the schedule first came out, so even though they're road games, we have a good chance. figure we'll probably lose to SD, and could very well lose the Dallas game. i don't think last Sunday's performance was truly indicative of either team, and being at home and the revenge factor gives us the edge in the NYG rematch.

just my line of thinking...we'll see how right (or wrong) i am.

it's not negative...it's a good question. and it's one i can only answer with the cliched "I've got that gut feeling"

also, teams like TB and StL aren't as strong as we thought when the schedule first came out, so even though they're road games, we have a good chance. figure we'll probably lose to SD, and could very well lose the Dallas game. i don't think last Sunday's performance was truly indicative of either team, and being at home and the revenge factor gives us the edge in the NYG rematch.

just my line of thinking...we'll see how right (or wrong) i am.

You won't see me complaining if you're right. :)

Many valid points being made here. I will add one more. We will not find the Eagles as hurt/lost/bad as they are right now.

Honestly last few years they have been the class of the NFC east. This year they are very beatable. this is our chance to make a statement AND a run at the division title.

I'd agree that if we don't pull a win this Sunday things won't be looking too good for us heading towards the second half of the year. Its still doable, remember the Raiders a few years back started 4 - 0, lost 4 straight, and then went on to win 9 of 10 games and reached the Super Bowl. So a 4 - 4 start isn't exactly the end of the season, but chances are slim we'd go 9 / 10 or even 8 / 10 in our remaining games...

Every home game we should get a Win. Our schedule isn't too tough so I expect a few away wins, but we definitely need to win all home games. ESPECIALLY against NFC East opponents. If we lose this Sunday, I won't be expecting a playoff spot as I do right now.

Plus, I've had to deal with my friends in Philly for the last 4 years, we've broke the Cowboy's streak, its time to break the Eagles' spirits.

Most important game of the year thus far. How will the guys respond to getting their collective teeth kicked in by the Giants?

This is the key question, no doubt. This game will reveal a lot. Especially whether Joe Gibbs still has the touch, the second go round.

Archived