Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is why Gibbs is in the Hall of Fame!!!

MustangSteve

(How Soon we Forget)

One game out of first place in the NFC East and whole NFC and I see many Redskin fans already throwing the season away. Its pretty bad when I see Giant fans even say the Skins had a major let down, they are in no way that bad.

Look what the 49ers did to Tampa people, went to there home field and kicked there skirts up. Things like this happen in the NFL and even happens to some of the best teams. Remember 2 years ago when we sucked but beat the world champion patriots?

Remember how we out played a Denver team that Raped the E-gals, went into Dallas and never gave up, winning because of that additude. Remember the Body bag game against Philly when they beat us half retarded in front of the world?

Joe Gibbs did the same thing today that he did after Philly ripped us to pieces in 1990 on Monday Night Football. He sent the players off to reflect on the game, themselves and the season.

Thats when a team finds heart my fellow fans!!! The Skins had the potential in 1990 just as they do now in 2005, this is where they find there identity, just as they did in 1990. They came back and knocked Philly out of the Playoffs in Philly's back yard!!!

Thats how Ny beat us last sunday, they had reason to play with heart. Now us fans will see our team do the same. Play with heart, unity, pride and its all a part of a growing process. And let me tell you, from what I seen from Redskin teams forming together, only greatness follows. Joe Gibbs can take the worst loss and turn it into a total blessing for the teams benifit and his own.

One win this Sunday Night against Philly and we will forget that let down last sunday and we will see a brand new Redskins team with a pretty big chip on its shoulder, just like in 1991 when people knew what we was going to do and still couldnt stop us.

We have the talent fans, we have all the right coaches, we have the pride, we have all the main ingrediants to be a champion, all we need now is what we just learned, a teams character comes from the heart and I truely believe this Redskins team is finding that now.

There for Im asking, don't give up on Joe Gibbs Redskins, because I swear to you that team will never give up on us fans and there goal to win another SuperBowl trophy for us fans!!! Thank you Joe Gibbs and may God bless you and the Redskins for playing so hard to make us proud and unique fans.

I am as optimistic as anyone at this point. The problem is that the Redskins NEED to win or be second in the NFCE to have a playoff shot and losing games like KC and Denver are starting to burn me.

I could care less what Tampa does, I have been saying they are overrated from day one.

you seem to reflect - albeit VERY optimistically (in a good way) - the general attitude about what most people on ES think about the loss. it was a tough loss, one of the hardest we've ever seen in recent history, but it's times like these that a team either unites and starts winning again, or decides to get let themselves sink into a hole - the reason we can have hope is because of how well our team was playing before this... incident.

whether or not it's an isolated one, and i think it is ... well, we have to wait till Sunday.

:cheers:

you seem to reflect - albeit VERY optimistically (in a good way) - the general attitude about what most people on ES think about the loss. it was a tough loss, one of the hardest we've ever seen in recent history, but it's times like these that a team either unites and starts winning again, or decides to get let themselves sink into a hole - the reason we can have hope is because of how well our team was playing before this... incident.

whether or not it's an isolated one, and i think it is ... well, we have to wait till Sunday.

Excellent point brotha, this is what seperates the men from the boys!!! This is why Joe Gibbs is in the hall of fame, because he knows how to take the worst things and use them for the better of his team and himself, this would be a great title for this thread. Cheers to true Redskin fans like yourself :cheers:

Season still going strong for me.At least for now. We beat the Eagles , then beat the Bucs were back in It. If Skins put up same crap as they did at the Medowlands and lose,no playoffs by way of our division. We lose to the Bucs and that will be about It for any hopes for the post season.All depends .We have to Beat the Eagles. :helmet:

Thank you my brotha Skins fan, I was raised watchung this team through all there ups and downs, its games and big losses like this that put Joe Gibbs in the hall of fame, because he knows how to make the best out of every bad situation, and he will do the same again this year :cheers:

No problem here but I do agree with the idea behind the thread. It is funny how some forget, ( selective memory maybe), and how sometimes looking.......around......can......help...

Damn. Forgot what I was going to say. ;)

Uhm, no the loss to Dallas with like 13 seconds left last year was the hardest loss in recent history. This was more of a :wtf: type loss.

I really can't make any assumptions on how this team will perform in the coming weeks. I hope the giants haven't exposed us but I really don't know whats going on behind the scenes. Needless to say, the team took a step backwards last weekend. They need to reflect and mature as a group and hopefully we'll end up having a finishing with a winning record.

Good look at things. It's always better to look at the positives and block out the negatives.

I agree it's a good look at things, but I'm curious as to where you get the idea that he's blocked out the negatives? If you don't see negatives mentioned every time you figure someone's "blocking them out" ?. :eaglesuck

I hope this can happen again

Hang in there P & T. We have some real challenges ahead of us but so deoas almost every other team in the league. We're no worse off than most others. And remember, many thought that a 8-8 year for us would be about the best we could do, with any stronger improvement in turning things around having to wait until the third year of reconstruction. I definitely think we're going to hit my pre-season prediction of 9-7, but will still actually threaten for the division title and a play-off spot which is way more than I would have believed during training camp.

If we take cafe of business with Philly, we can work our way right back to the top of our division one week at a time.

The hope is that the game against the Giants was an aberration and isn't indicative of the direction of the football team in general. After all, the Meadowlands is never an easy place for teams to play, let alone the week after their beloved owner of 400 years dies, leaving Eli inspired to perform because that owner pried his crybaby ass away from the Chargers... lol

I think you'll see a much different team at home, on a sunday night, in front of a frenzied crowd hungry for a weakened Eagles team.

ERU21010302207.jpg

It's true the emotion of the staduim was fierce for the Giants to crush us, and the Giant fans had the heart the Redskins didn't have that week. I hope that this game really hits home to the Redskins that they have to play hard every week, and can't let success go to their heads. We need this loss in order to move on as a major contender for the NFC title

The game is a must for both teams, Skins have the edge being at home.

Eagles have been frustrated all year and struggling. Skins had one real crappy game

and know how big this game is. The toughness of this Gibbs team will show Sunday.

Giants took advantage of Williams that wont happen two weeks in a row.

Tampa Bay didnt have their starting QB. We all know Chris Simms is crap, and Caddy is running on a flat tire.

1 for 4 in the last 4 games. That's not that great. You guys never should have beat Dallas or Seattle. The better team finally beat you guys. I was never too impressed with the Skins this year.. I will say, until you guys started to lose the last couple weeks, i didn't really have much **** to talk, based on the fact you guys were getting wins. Thats the most important stat in the NFL.

Philly will be a big test. Maybe I'm going to have to swallow my own words, the ones ive been saying since before the season. I say Washington is overrated, and over a 16 game season, especially with teh way the NFC East is this year, that will be shown.

But by all means, if you go out and beat Philly, which is well possible, 5-3, 2-1 in the NFC East, i may just shut my mouth.

(How Soon we Forget)

One game out of first place in the NFC East and whole NFC and I see many Redskin fans already throwing the season away. Its pretty bad when I see Giant fans even say the Skins had a major let down, they are in no way that bad.

Look what the 49ers did to Tampa people, went to there home field and kicked there skirts up. Things like this happen in the NFL and even happens to some of the best teams. Remember 2 years ago when we sucked but beat the world champion patriots?

Remember how we out played a Denver team that Raped the E-gals, went into Dallas and never gave up, winning because of that additude. Remember the Body bag game against Philly when they beat us half retarded in front of the world?

Joe Gibbs did the same thing today that he did after Philly ripped us to pieces in 1990 on Monday Night Football. He sent the players off to reflect on the game, themselves and the season.

Thats when a team finds heart my fellow fans!!! The Skins had the potential in 1990 just as they do now in 2005, this is where they find there identity, just as they did in 1990. They came back and knocked Philly out of the Playoffs in Philly's back yard!!!

Thats how Ny beat us last sunday, they had reason to play with heart. Now us fans will see our team do the same. Play with heart, unity, pride and its all a part of a growing process. And let me tell you, from what I seen from Redskin teams forming together, only greatness follows. Joe Gibbs can take the worst loss and turn it into a total blessing for the teams benifit and his own.

One win this Sunday Night against Philly and we will forget that let down last sunday and we will see a brand new Redskins team with a pretty big chip on its shoulder, just like in 1991 when people knew what we was going to do and still couldnt stop us.

We have the talent fans, we have all the right coaches, we have the pride, we have all the main ingrediants to be a champion, all we need now is what we just learned, a teams character comes from the heart and I truely believe this Redskins team is finding that now.

There for Im asking, don't give up on Joe Gibbs Redskins, because I swear to you that team will never give up on us fans and there goal to win another SuperBowl trophy for us fans!!! Thank you Joe Gibbs and may God bless you and the Redskins for playing so hard to make us proud and unique fans.

Right on!

Coach Gibbs did the same thing with this team this week, too....

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=12061

It's Gut check time!

Archived