Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If We Drop to 4-4...

RamsTheMan

Do you start to lose hope?

Do you start to believe with our tough schedule, maybe, just maybe this isn't the year we make it?

I am one of the most optimistic fans you will meet, but the Eagles are still a tough team. This might be the last chance these young Redskins have to prove they are legit contenders. If we lose to the Eagles at home on ESPN Primetime, I'll personally believe we took a step back, because last year at home we held them off pretty nicely with a solid Defense and a 31st offense.

4-4 for me is unacceptable, but somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, its hard to believe we can accomplish it. Maybe this team can take out their lunch pail and dig DEEP to find the heart to win this one.

4-4? Please no. :doh:

FUTURE GAMES Date Site Win Probability Margin Opponent Opp. Rating (Opp. Specific Rating)

Week 8 Away 36.079% -4.306 #11 NY Giants 35.028 (42.778)

Week 9 Home 65.095% +4.7553 #5 Philadelphia 36.960 (36.210)

Week 10 Away 51.241% +0.3386 #15 Tampa Bay 26.960 (31.929)

Week 11 Home 74.408% +8.9544 #16 Oakland 25.355 (25.699)

Week 12 Home 50.827% +0.2257 #8 San Diego 35.576 (43.248)

Week 13 Away 68.727% +6.3117 #19 St. Louis 20.085 (19.960)

Week 14 Away 75.486% +9.4930 #29 Arizona 12.509 (12.470)

Week 15 Home 63.454% +4.1514 #10 Dallas 35.103 (34.494)

Week 16 Home 63.657% +4.2191 #11 NY Giants 35.028 (30.059)

Week 17 Away 37.688% -3.770 #5 Philadelphia 36.960 (38.617)

Yes, I will lose some major faith if we fall to 4-4. I won't lose all hope, but I will no longer consider us a serious contender.

IMO, if we beat Philly we make the playoffs this year. If we lose, we miss the playoffs this year.

I truly believe it's THAT simple.

I believe it all depends on how we play. If we come out fired up and show heart doing all we can to win, and things just happen beyond control (refs for example) and we still lose, then there is still hope. On the other hand if we play anything like this last sunday and lose, then it will be time to worry. I haven't seen the team we saw against the giants all season, we have been competitive in every game, so I belive we will show up against the eagles, it's do or die and Gibbs will rally the troops!

I believe it all depends on how we play. If we come out fired up and show heart doing all we can to win, and things just happen beyond control (refs for example) and we still lose, then there is still hope. On the other hand if we play anything like this last sunday and lose, then it will be time to worry. I haven't seen the team we saw against the giants all season, we have been competitive in every game, so I belive we will show up against the eagles, it's do or die and Gibbs will rally the troops!

I agree. If we come out and play like we played against the Hawks, Donkeys, and Chiefs in the first few drives on offense we will win. We also need to eliminate the turnovers. If not we lose...maybe big again.

don't forget the Eagles need to prove to themselves that they are a good team this year. They will have no mercy.

agreed.. i still think we are a better team than the giants.. we just didnt come to play.. .. .. the giants had 10+ more emotion than we did..i dont think it really mattered who they played last sunday, i would of given them the benifit of the doubt, they play'd w/ their hearts, .. and we.... didnt.. and w/ that given.. i think a beating like this can only motovate (if the skins are a legit team) we will come out on monday like the giants came out last sunday

FUTURE GAMES Date Site Win Probability Margin Opponent Opp. Rating (Opp. Specific Rating)

Week 8 Away 36.079% -4.306 #11 NY Giants 35.028 (42.778)

Week 9 Home 65.095% +4.7553 #5 Philadelphia 36.960 (36.210)

Week 10 Away 51.241% +0.3386 #15 Tampa Bay 26.960 (31.929)

Week 11 Home 74.408% +8.9544 #16 Oakland 25.355 (25.699)

Week 12 Home 50.827% +0.2257 #8 San Diego 35.576 (43.248)

Week 13 Away 68.727% +6.3117 #19 St. Louis 20.085 (19.960)

Week 14 Away 75.486% +9.4930 #29 Arizona 12.509 (12.470)

Week 15 Home 63.454% +4.1514 #10 Dallas 35.103 (34.494)

Week 16 Home 63.657% +4.2191 #11 NY Giants 35.028 (30.059)

Week 17 Away 37.688% -3.770 #5 Philadelphia 36.960 (38.617)

where are you getting this and what in the world does it mean

Yes, I will lose some major faith if we fall to 4-4. I won't lose all hope, but I will no longer consider us a serious contender.

IMO, if we beat Philly we make the playoffs this year. If we lose, we miss the playoffs this year.

I truly believe it's THAT simple.

I don't think it's that simple because philly isn't what it was last year.

The way that many coaches look at the season is 4 "mini" seasons of 4 games. The goal is not have any losing mini seasons (which at least puts you at 8-8) and to ideally "win" two mini seasons (which puts you at 10-6). Right now, the Skins have won the first mini season. But they are 1-2 during the second mini season. Thus, a loss to Philly would ensure a loss of a mini season, which means they would have to win the final TWO mini seasons for a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Looking ahead to the final two mini seasons, the third will be tough to win because they don't have a favorable road game -- even with Simms, TB is still tough to beat at home, and StL usually puts up big numbers at home (@ TB, Oak, SD, @ StL). While the fourth has more potential because the Skins should beat Arizona and hold serve at home in the divisional games (@ Ari, Girls, Giants, @ Iggles).

So, in my opinion, a loss to Philly -- which means a losing mini season and a home-loss to a divisional/conference opponent -- would drastically reduce the Skins' chances of making the playoffs. It would be really tough to go 6-2 over those last 8 games because it'll likely mean they have to win 3 road games (and beat TB and StL for the tiebreakers). Whereas, if they beat Philly, they could afford themselves a little breathing room during the very tough third mini season to set themselves up to "control their destiny" down the stretch with the 3 divisional games.

In terms of making the playoffs, yea it is over if we lose to the Eagles. At 4-4, it means the Giants are either 6-2 or 5-3, the eagles are 5-3, and the cowboys are either 6-3 or 5-4. Not only will we not win the division for sure if we lose this game, but the NFC south potentially could have within it 3 teams better than the top 3 teams in our own division, so with 5 teams (Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Us, minus the 2 division winners) vying for 2 spots, with us gauranteed having the worst record of all of them at the moment going into game 9 at 4-4, theres no way in hell we make the playoffs.

With that said, I still feel the season could turn out to be a success. To me if we fall out of the playoff race without the need for an opinion on the matter, say losing the next two games having us fall to 4-5, I would love to see Campbell start coming in the games, because while no team likes to give in, I'd rather have a carbon copy of the Giants last season and hope the next turns out just as well instead of having a Jets type season where the QB is good enough to keep his spot but just not quite good enough to take the team to another level and have it continue.

The NFL is all about hope, and each year 31 other teams will end up being equally as pissed off. The great thing is that there is a new Superbowl every year and eventually your team will win the big one, its all just a matter of time. Maybe its because I'm still young and haven't seen the Redskins actually do anything impressive yet in my memory, but I think I'm a little more patient than some. So while I'm basically throwing in the towel if we lose the next game, there's very little reason to get worked up about the rest of the season if we lose. Obviously by going 4-4 we would have lost to the teams which probably would beat our asses again b/c the Giants beat the Broncs, the Eagles beat the Chiefs, the Broncs beat the Eags, and the Eags would have beat us, and so all we've proved is that we just quite aren't one of the big boys yet.

Archived