Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are there so many fair-weather fans here?!?!

timdaley73

It never seems to cease... Anytime there is a bad game, there are always bad-negative threads from "Blame Joe Gibbs", "Get rid of Portis", "Get rid of Santana Moss, Mark Brunell, LaVar Arrington, Greg Williams, etc..."

Get REAL!! It was a horrible game, I admit... I was confident enough on the win that I literally almost bet my house and went to Denver from DC for the FAGles game with a close friend of mine...

But, REAL Redskins fans stay put throughout the storm... Stay on course, get your vision beyond yesterday or today... But, TOMORROW and the next game... WE WILL OVERCOME!!!

This is a popular board and all the fair weather fans get attracted to it by the skins webpage, I do wish they would find somewhere else to (insert appropriate explicative here) about why they think the skins are done for after one loss or how they think they are goin to the SB after one dominating win against a really really bad team

It never seems to cease... Anytime there is a bad game, there are always bad-negative threads from "Blame Joe Gibbs", "Get rid of Portis", "Get rid of Santana Moss, Mark Brunell, LaVar Arrington, Greg Williams, etc..."

Get REAL!! It was a horrible game, I admit... I was confident enough on the win that I literally almost bet my house and went to Denver from DC for the FAGles game with a close friend of mine...

But, REAL Redskins fans stay put throughout the storm... Stay on course, get your vision beyond yesterday or today... But, TOMORROW and the next game... WE WILL OVERCOME!!!

when did complaining about a team that should have played better make anyone a fairweather-fan??

last i checked a fair-weather doesn't support their team when they are bad, not complain about a team that underperformed

i guess thats what people are saying though...personally (being a redskin fan since birth) i dont think we have accomplished enough (ex: getting deep into the playoffs recently) to have a LOT of fairweather fans..ive seen some that i suspect on here though.

This is a popular board and all the fair weather fans get attracted to it by the skins webpage, I do wish they would find somewhere else to (insert appropriate explicative here) about why they think the skins are done for after one loss or how they think they are goin to the SB after one dominating win against a really really bad team

:laugh: This board had loads of reactionary & fair weather fans before it was affiliated with www.redskins.com. I wouldn't blame it on that.

There will always be that %. I am just glad the Redskins are better off than the Cowboy & Raider fans who are the worst of the worst as far as fair weather fans and reactionary fans.

I think that after being a loyal fan through the last 13 horrible seasons, we have earned the right to complain about our team when it blows. Fairweather fans....give me a break. The fact we still go to the games should show that we are not fair weather fans. Im pretty sure there is no good reason that any fan should even be at FedEx anymore except for that we LOVE THE REDSKINS!

:rolleyes:

Are there fairweather fans here? Sure, probably, but I wouldn't put most of the members of this board in that category. Football is for many people a surprisingly emotional experience. A stunning loss like the one to Giants leaves you angry and confused. I'm sure that a lot of people would take back some of the things they post in threads in the days immediately following such games. However, in the heat of the moment the threads allow people to let off steam and commiserate with one another.

If you get over these things so quickly, good for you. Some posters don't. Get off their backs.

This is what you call residue from the Information Age. If it wasn't for the internet most of these fans would be out on the porch drinking a beer or two with their loser friends.

Also, sense Walmart sell puters, every scoundrel now can get off his or her opinions no matter how captious they are.

. :(

This is what you call residue from the Information Age. If it wasn't for the internet most of these fans would be out on the porch drinking a beer or two with their loser friends.

Also, sense Walmart sell puters, every scoundrel now can get off his or her opinions no matter how captious they are.

. :(

Ah, of course, anyone who expresses disappointment in a loss is a "loser" or a "scoundrel." How silly of me.

You know what else is a funny side-effect of the Information Age? A preponderance of poorly proofread posts. ;)

Apparently, any criticism directed towards the Redskins makes you a fair-weather fan to many people around here. No objectivity allowed.

Yeah, it is pretty juvenile all of these posts by fans who can't handle criticisms of the team. I just ignore them.

I looked up the definition of fan in an on-line dictionary and it says:

1. An enthusiastic devotee of sports.

2. An ardent follower.

Nowhere did it say a fan was an individual who refuses to criticize a team following a half-hearted effort with first place on line. Hmm, but then again, what does Webster know, huh?

Everybody!

We feel like absolute S. Don't we? We feel like our team imploded; we are very dissapointed in our squad, are we not? Well, think about our players, how intensely embarassed they are.

They feel even worse. This being their profession, their livelyhood, it is KILLING them inside.

The best thing we can do as fans, is give them a huge welcome at the stadium Sunday night. We need to let our players know that we love them. No matter what.

From here until Sunday I am going to search, harder than I ever have, trying to find the closest ticket to the Redskins' bench as possible. I don't care how much money I have to spend. I can do it, and I really feel I need to do it.

This game coming up begs for our fans to be as intense and motivating as possible. We have an obligation to.

It is time to pick up the weapons, and prepare for invasion. It is time for the fans to have the greatest game we've had in Fed Ex history.

This is more than just a game. This is THE springboard. Let's come out and realize that this is nothing short of a playoff game. Trash talking will do no good. Block out the Eagle fans, and let our guys know that we love them. Forever.

We have a squad with a very unique character. It is very sensative, and very persuasive, and it has a great amount of potential. But our fans can dictate the intensity and focus that we play with on Sunday. We know we can do it, so let's do it.

God Bless, and Redskins-4-life, everybody

I agree. They are certainly not out of it by any stretch, they lost a game Sunday, and that is IT.

Nothing in the standing says "Blown Out" by the L, nothing by any W says "Overrated"

They're 4-3, and that is all it is. 1-1 in the division.

Show up Sunday night and let em know we haven't given up on them. There's a half a season to go, and we've got plenty of opportunity left.

~Bang

It's not about an intellectual or well put-together cricism of our team... But, emotional, dillusional, chicken little threads have no place here... like "Bench Brunell and start Ramsey...", "Fire Greg Williams!", etc... Get over it as a tough loss and BELIEVE that our tetam will be better this week and the following weeks... That is how a true fan reacts... NOT fire/bench him, we suck, the season is over... THE REDSKINS WILL OVERCOME!!!

Everybody!

We feel like absolute S. Don't we? We feel like our team imploded; we are very dissapointed in our squad, are we not? Well, think about our players, how intensely embarassed they are.

They feel even worse. This being their profession, their livelyhood, it is KILLING them inside.

The best thing we can do as fans, is give them a huge welcome at the stadium Sunday night. We need to let our players know that we love them. No matter what.

From here until Sunday I am going to search, harder than I ever have, trying to find the closest ticket to the Redskins' bench as possible. I don't care how much money I have to spend. I can do it, and I really feel I need to do it.

This game coming up begs for our fans to be as intense and motivating as possible. We have an obligation to.

It is time to pick up the weapons, and prepare for invasion. It is time for the fans to have the greatest game we've had in Fed Ex history.

This is more than just a game. This is THE springboard. Let's come out and realize that this is nothing short of a playoff game. Trash talking will do no good. Block out the Eagle fans, and let our guys know that we love them. Forever.

We have a squad with a very unique character. It is very sensative, and very persuasive, and it has a great amount of potential. But our fans can dictate the intensity and focus that we play with on Sunday. We know we can do it, so let's do it.

God Bless, and Redskins-4-life, everybody

They sure didnt feel down and out Monday night on Comcast sport (Monday night live).. They were laughing and cheering like nothing had happened. None of them even said that they were mad.... I understand its life, its a game etc.. but show a little more emotion as you are pissed off that you lost the game.. you got your a#$es handed to you and all you can do is grin and make jokes??? Their attitude was exactly the same as it was in the game.

Archived