Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCllelan is taking a beating today

chomerics

gotta feel bad for the guy. He's just trying to do his job.

I tend to believe he goes out there believing what he's about to say (at least for the 1st few times).

But, I know past admins have thrown their Press Sect.'s under the bus before on a pretty regular basis. But never on this level. Poor guy gets creamed daily now.

You know, I don't feel sorry for the guy. I know he is ust doing his job, but when you are caught lying to the American public about things the administration did, you deserve to take the heat. He actually did a formidable job considering the circumstances, but he still deserves everything he is getting. He told the American public that HE PERSONALLY asked Rove & Libby if they were involved and said there is nothing to the story. This is pretty good grounds for a daily beating if you ask me.

You know, I don't feel sorry for the guy. I know he is ust doing his job, but when you are caught lying to the American public about things the administration did, you deserve to take the heat. He actually did a formidable job considering the circumstances, but he still deserves everything he is getting. He told the American public that HE PERSONALLY asked Rove & Libby if they were involved and said there is nothing to the story. This is pretty good grounds for a daily beating if you ask me.

I dont disagree chom.

But the media shouldnt later feign suprise when the WH is less that willing to cooperate and give them info.

I dont disagree chom.

But the media shouldnt later feign suprise when the WH is less that willing to cooperate and give them info.

I agree with you as well. I have already resigned myself to the fact that certain aspects of the WH will never be know. Things such as why there was an iraqi oil map used at the Energy discussion before 9-11. Personally, I think our government should be as transparent as possible, but I am also a realist and I know, especially with this WH, that we will know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors. . . Now if Bush is as paranoid of Nixon and buggs himself, then we may have something really juicy 10 years from now :)

I dont disagree chom.

Well when the information the White House gives the media is the identity of a covert C.I.A. agent than it is a little surprising.

I believe that there should be a name for the mental disease that blinds people to or makes people accepting of the incompetence, duplicity and criminality of the Bush Administration.

I need some help here and am open to all suggestions.

It is called Democracy. If America does not like it? They can make a change... That is not a mental disease. :)

There are many hanging chads (er threads) left out there on this, and I don't believe that this is over yet.

1) Why didn't Cheney come forward to the Special Prosecutor when it became clear that Libby had testified that he got Valerie Plame's name from a reporter. Cheney KNEW that he had given Plame's name to Libby, not some reporter.

2) Has Cheney testified that he did not know about Libby's plan to try to discredit Ambassador Wilson's damaging statements? Has Rove? All it will take is one witness to contradict this, and Rove and Cheney will be in hot water.

3) Who leaked Plame's name to Robert Novak?

4) Fitzgerald said on Friday that both Cheney and Libby made seperate inquiries to the CIA and both got confirmation of Plame's job before any reporter was told about Plame. How is it that both then "forgot" about contacting the CIA and both tried to claim that they learned about Plame from reporters? Wouldn't it follow that both were trying to cover their tracks, not just Libby?

I believe that once Libby spends some time away from his powerful position with his White House buddies, he will begin to face the reality of spending 30 years in prison and start to sing to get his sentence reduced. It may take years before Fitzgerald sorts it all out.

Archived