Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone here pursued a Master's degree online?

LeesburgSkinFan

Yes. It's fairly easy if you go to a lesser school. I am about to finish my MS in University of Maryland University College... Online is great because it is a lot less work. At least that's my impression of it. Exams are open book and you get time, so you do not have to study as much. You'll be fine as long as you understand the material, no need to memorize everything. Different schools have different formats, but expect to have to do online participation, exams, papers, presentations, etc. As long as you can manage deliverables you'll be fine.

I've not personally done this, but I have a colleague that is doing it right now. She's doing the Maryland University College thing. It is mostly online but there is an occasional class on the weekend. She's spending several hours a night to get through everything but she's really anal and gets worked up about class. I would imagine a "normal" person could get by with less time commitments.

Depends on what kind of class you're taking. If you're taking something like history of the like, you'll have tapes or DVDs to watch (the better ones anyway) and then you'll have papers and you MIGHT Have proctored exams. That would be the only difficulty, but I bet a Master's wouldn't even have much of the proctoring needed that say, a biology class, would.

Archived