Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd Wedding Anniversary

Soonerz

Hey gang....Mrs Soonerz and I are coming up on the 2 year mark and I need some suggestions/assistance. So, I'm turning to you guys....

Last year was paper, so I got her a painting and she got me tickets to the orange bowl. (I have a pretty darn good wife....Too bad we caught a beat down in the game)

This year is either cotton or china. I have two ideas for her...She absolutely fell in love with a quilt we saw at the Ocean City craft show a few months back. While that would be an excellent gift and I know she would love it, it just doesn't seem very substantial.

The second idea I had was to find some cotton beach towel and have tickets to a warmer climate wrapped up inside the towels.

If you have any other suggestions or if you favor one of mine over the other, I'd love to hear it. Additionally, if you have a tropical locale you favor I'd like to hear it as well.

Thanks!!! :cheers:

I like the towel idea too! Were you thinking in the country or out of the country for a warmer climate?

Cool....That's two votes for the towel idea. I was thinking either the Florida/caribbean areas but after such an active hurricane season I'm wondering what is still in good shape.

Cool....That's two votes for the towel idea. I was thinking either the Florida/caribbean areas but after such an active hurricane season I'm wondering what is still in good shape.

Southern FL is pretty damaged right now! If you go Palm Bay etc you should be ok. (my uncle lives there)

caribbean I say Bahammas, St Thomas St Lucia (watch out for the rum punch just ask Pez) Barbados, PR etc you should be ok! Just remember you now need a pass port to travel to any of the islands now including PR.

Southern FL is pretty damaged right now! If you go Palm Bay etc you should be ok. (my uncle lives there)

caribbean I say Bahammas, St Thomas St Lucia (watch out for the rum punch just ask Pez) Barbados, PR etc you should be ok! Just remember you now need a pass port to travel to any of the islands now including PR.

My brother lives in Ft. Myers and he said things were really messed up down there.

I'll have to ask Pez about the rum punch incident. Sounds like a great story. :laugh:

Where did you stay in St. Lucia? Any place that you would avoid? We went on a cruise last year and we stopped in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas. I would have a difficult time getting my wife to agree to go back to the Bahamas.....She did not enjoy herself.

I would go with option #2. I took my wife on an all-inclusive honeymoon to Jamaica and it was very nice. I bought the wife another diamond ring on our second anniversary, but should of took the money and went to the islands for a week.

LOL!

I might have to look into the all-inclusive deals. I tend to forget about them. I like to explore the island and go out to the restaurants. My wife would be happy as long as the beach is nice and someone brings her a fruity drink every so often.

My brother lives in Ft. Myers and he said things were really messed up down there.

I'll have to ask Pez about the rum punch incident. Sounds like a great story. :laugh:

Where did you stay in St. Lucia? Any place that you would avoid? We went on a cruise last year and we stopped in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas. I would have a difficult time getting my wife to agree to go back to the Bahamas.....She did not enjoy herself.

We were on a cruise and yes you will love the story about the rum punch! I liked it all ncluding Antigua

Where did you stay? I've never been to St. Lucia and I would like to go.

We stayed at the Halycon. It is part of the Sandals All-Inclusive. St. Lucia has 3 resorts, the The Grande ( the nicest ), the Halycon ( the smallest ) and the Regency ( not to sure about that one ). You can stay at one of them and eat at all 3. Pretty good place to vacation.

http://www.sandals.com/general/locations.cfm?destination=lucia

Good luck in your decision.

Archived