Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where do we go from here??

jerrarde

Now that we all had a good nights rest and able to think more clearly after yesterday's horrible loss, where do you guy's think we will be at the end of the season?

Has any of the fairweather fans turn in their jersey?

What about the unrealistic homers? Still beleive?

I still belive we can be good. Were the team better go is to the film room and practice. F*** a day off. They don't deserve it. They better bring their sorry asses to Redskins Park and hit the film room. They should watch that game till they puke. Make them never want to feel that kind of embarrassment again. Then they better get on the practice field and start preparing for Philly. If they come out and loose to Philly they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye. They will be two behind everyone in the division at that point and two to three behind the top wildcard contenders of Carolina, St Louis and Tampa. That's where they better go from here.

Maybe this is just another homer observation, but the Skins in this game reminded me a bit of the Pats in a 31-0 loss to the Bills to start the 2003 season. How so? Well, in both cases the teams seemed flat, emotionless, and got beat down by teams that shouldn't have spanked them that badly. I thought of that game and decided to go check it out, to see how the Pats did the following game...

They beat the Eagles the following week 31-10....

What about the unrealistic homers? Still beleive?

What is being unrealistic?

Still believe what?

Realistically, we're only 1 game out from the NFC East lead.

Realistically, Philly is very beatable, so it Tampa (who lost to SF for crying out loud), so are the Norv coached Raiders. We could very well be tied for first place or in first place a month from now.

Also Realistically, we need another bye week. Injuries are killing us.

Realistically, our run defense has been figured out and our weakness in that area is being exploited.

Realistically, if we don't stop turning the ball over we won't be nearly as good as we should be.

I think next weeks game will be the deciding factor. Beat the Eagles at home - beat TB - then 2 home games. The Skins can certatinly be 8-3 going into the Rams game on DEC 4th. Say they split those two road games (Rams and Cards) 9-4. Then we end with 3 NFC East games of which (VERY IMPORTANT) 2 are at home. Say the win those two and drop the away game to the Eagles they finish at 11-5 with a 4-2 NFC East record. Is that enough to win the division?

When I said Unrealistic homers, I am talking about the fans who still think we are going to be 13-3.

Ok 12-4 then :silly:

Seriously, we are a team on the cuff. We can finish out this season strong or we can bottom out. But with Gibbs at the helm, I just can't buy into the bottoming out.

And while this loss was ugly and painful.. in the grand scheme it meant only a little. You see right now we are the ONLY NFC East team to have won a division game on the road with our win in Dallas. We take care of our house and end up with a split with NY and Phil, we may very well find ourselves on top of the division. I don't see annything from any of the three teams that is going to all of a sudden break the division wide open, so expect this to be a dog race right to the end.

What we do need to do, is beat Philly at home next week. Both to rebound from the loss and to protect our house. We lose this one, and we may evry well find ourselves sitting just a game out of a playoff spot!

I believe that Gibbs is the best coach ever to fix the problems he sees. I beleive he will get things going the right way soon. He may need some more players to do so, but he will be back on top soon. Remeber he inherited this team in a state of disaster, and in his second year, doing very well. They must win the game against Philly, or reality states we are probably out of the playoff race, unless other teams in the division fall apart.

Let me where do we go from here hmmmmmmmm hey how about just put this game behind us and get ready for the Eagles that is the best remedy for this team and us fans can't dwell on it what happen just happen can't change it. Actually this kinda whuppin can serve as a call for them might make them even better down the road I wouldn't panic too much do you think the Eagle fans pushing the panic button after their Eagles got beat down ?

Yesterday was just abysmal. I was hyped for the game this weekend, then they went out and laid a goose egg in an EMBARASSING fashion. This week has left me puzzled, I thought we had put all of this garbage play behind us and left it with last year where it belongs and then they go out there and do THAT. :doh: The highest of highs to the lowest of lows within a week, I'm not at a one game at a time mode.

Archived