Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell had a brace on his right knee

Joncevensen

Look at this photo of brunell before the game, compare his right knee to his left knee,

[quote name=Tarhog

[

on.gif

Giants 137.jpg

QUOTE]

Look at the object on Brunell's right knee. I was at the game and suspected something was wrong with brunell because he refused to scramble when the pocket collapsed around him and he had space in front of him, something is wrong with brunells knee.

Look at this photo of brunell before the game, compare his right knee to his left knee,

[quote name=Tarhog

[

on.gif

Giants%20137.jpg

QUOTE]

Look at the object on Brunell's right knee. I was at the game and suspected something was wrong with brunell because he refused to scramble when the pocket collapsed around him and he had space in front of him, something is wrong with brunells knee.

I think he has been wearing it all year, but could be wrong. Maybe the team forgot to bring the shoes though...that could explain everything!

Actually, I thought Brunell looked fairly sharp during the game.

He can't catch the passes for whoever he throws it to.

That's not to say he was perfect, but he wasn't perfect against the 49ers, either.

This was a total team breakdown to be sure, but there were MANY more dropped passes then there were bad throws by Brunell.

why would he have a brace on his knee for a calf injury? Knee mobility and stability shouldnt be affected by a calf injury

I brung up the calf injury because it was reported a week or so ago prior to the Niners game that Brunell "slightly" injured his calf during practice.

He was also listed on this week's injury report as being probable with a calf injury.

There were a lot of drops and he was under constant pressure. He didn't look like he did last year, the offense did.

Also, maybe if he wore shoes, he'd have run more!

Early in the game he got plenty of protection. He was just holding onto the ball and didn't take ANY stabs downfield. To me he looked like he did last year. You can't really tell who's open downfield and being covered on TV, so I can't say for sure what his options were, but his play really has me concerned right now.

I don't know if he's been wearing it all year, but he was definitely wearing it at the previous home game. I noticed it (and took pictures of it at the 49ers game because I was checking him out in warmups to see if it looked like his calf was okay.

Nice observation, but I don't think it has anything to do with how he played yesterday. I've seen a lot of guys limping around this week. He wasn't one of them.

i dont think brunell was the biggest problem out there.... it was the receivers dropping passes and the horrific protection schemes.

That's exactly right.

I don't think Mark had a "good" game by any stretch of the imagination, but he probably played the best of anyone on offense. He outperformed the WRs, the TEs, the RBs, and the OL.

Archived