Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Was At the Game Yesterday in the Meadowlands.

RedskinsNation

For the 3 hours that the game consisted of it was definitly the worst 3 hours of my life. Whats sad is there were tons of Redskins fans there yesterday so there were thousands that must feel the same way or maybe they dont want to admit that they were there. I was embarrassed of our performance yesterday.

I planned on going into work today but feel way too dejected to even be there so i called in dead.

The trash talking from some of the Giants fans was ridiculous but I became numb to it in the 3rd qtr when I saw the entire team rolllover and literally die after we committed our 85 turnover when Betts fumbled the kickoff. At that moment the game should have been ended and everyone should have been sent home. I wanted to leave in spirit but my heart made me stay and sit and watch the train wreck that was the Redskins. I stayed til the bitter end and it was by far the worst loss i have ever witnessed in person.....there is no close 2nd.

The fact that we couldnt cross the 50 yd line was the most absurd concept I still cant grasp.

I have never seen a team on any level of any sport play as bad as we did yesterday. It was a joke. I am still in shock that i witnessed it. As we tailgated together there were tons of Skins fans that gathered and you couldnt have convinced anyone there that something like this would ever happen. I have never gone from being on such a emotional high (as we all were tailgating) to feeling as low as I can ever remember.

I will write more as the day progresses but this works as therapy....a win vs. Philly will help dissolve this somewhat. We gotta beat Philly. We gotta take this @ss whoopin as some motivation.....its a perfect time to direct that anger toward the Eagles.

No matter what Im a Redskins Fan For Life.....some days are MUCH more painful than others and I definitly can appreciate the good ones after what I sat thru yesterday.

Damn dude, you need to pick up a hobby or something if 1. The game was the worst 3 hours of your life, 2. You called in sick as a direct result of the Redskins losing.

Don't get me wrong, bad game, but the fact that you're ruining your day because a bunch of millionaires played like a bunch of bums is not good.

I have never seen a team on any level of any sport play as bad as we did yesterday. It was a joke. I am still in shock that i witnessed it. QUOTE]

Redskins or no Redskins, I don't think I have ever seen a game so dominated by another team, I mean, in a word I'm shocked.

I'm wondering if this game is going to work in a negative way as maybe the 49ners game did with us? i.e. over-confidence??

i was there too, i feel your pain.

before the game started i was telling my girlfriend how bad i wanted to see all the giants fan leave the stadium feeling like **** because the giants lost. but it just did'nt work out that way.

but atleast the skins fans showed up and cheered them on. now it's time to move on to the philly game and focus all the negative energy towards them.

hail to the redskins!

Damn dude, you need to pick up a hobby or something if 1. The game was the worst 3 hours of your life, 2. You called in sick as a direct result of the Redskins losing.

Don't get me wrong, bad game, but the fact that you're ruining your day because a bunch of millionaires played like a bunch of bums is not good.

eh, i dunno, i feel his pain too.

One of the cliches you hear over and over and that makes you cringe is 'we have to take every game as it comes and not look ahead'.

While its over-used for sure, that cliche happens to be the absolute key, the line that divides playoff teams from non-playoff teams in week 17. Its a rarity that an NFL team goes a season without getting spanked, embarassed, smoked, toasted (insert whatever adjective you like), sometimes more than once. Its how you respond to a terrible game that matters.

I'm not sure if we'll make the playoffs this year, largely because there are no bad teams in our division. But what I do know is that Gibbs, Williams, Bugel, and Co. won't let this team quit. We're far from done. All you have to do is win next weeks game. Thats the task. And for most of the games remaining, we're more than capable of doing it.

This one stung, because as you stated, so much was at stake. But look around you. Would you like to be a Jets fan right about now? How 'bout the Packers? Need I go on?

Half the NFL's fans are in mourning every damn weekend.

Buck up. Today's NFL ain't for the weak of spirit. Its a long season.

One game at a time.

My final piece of advice? Buy a ticket for the game next weekend, and scream your ever-loving *** off. You'll feel better.

I feel your pain man! I almost called in sick/dead. Instead I'm at work in St. Louis getting e-mail, phone calls and notes ripping on me for being a Skins Fan!

i came into work w/ 10 different articles put up all around my cubicle about Mara and Tiki... I'm sick to my stomach with, I don't know what!!!

I wish I was at home drowning my sorrows in Madden '06.

One of the cliches you hear over and over and that makes you cringe is 'we have to take every game as it comes and not look ahead'.

While its over-used for sure, that cliche happens to be the absolute key, the line that divides playoff teams from non-playoff teams in week 17. Its a rarity that an NFL team goes a season without getting spanked, embarassed, smoked, toasted (insert whatever adjective you like), sometimes more than once. Its how you respond to a terrible game that matters.

I'm not sure if we'll make the playoffs this year, largely because there are no bad teams in our division. But what I do know is that Gibbs, Williams, Bugel, and Co. won't let this team quit. We're far from done. All you have to do is win next weeks game. Thats the task. And for most of the games remaining, we're more than capable of doing it.

This one stung, because as you stated, so much was at stake. But look around you. Would you like to be a Jets fan right about now? How 'bout the Packers? Need I go on?

One game at a time.

My final piece of advice? Buy a ticket for the game next weekend, and scream your ever-loving *** off. You'll feel better.

Dont worry I have season tix so I already have my plan laid out for the Sunday nighter vs. the Eagles....i will be ready by then.

I hear you on were not the Jets or Pack or Texans but this just hurts...in the grand scheme of things were still much better off than any of those teams and we still have a winning record....it just sucked sitting in that stadium dealing w/those ****y Giants fans for 3+hrs....it comes w/the territory of seeing the Skins on the road so I accept it....it hurts but I accept it..as the week goes on it will be better and come Tuesday morning I will be looking forward to Sunday night.

I would do it over again if I had the choice......next year I will go back to the Meadowlands and realize that it cant get worse than what happened yesterday.

I feel you man...After the longest 4 hour drive home lastnight, I walked to my first class this morning only to be greeted by the sight of an ugly @ss girl wearing a Barber jersey...Decided to skip the rest of my classes because im still sick to my stomach..I'll be over it by Wednesday though and be ready to bring the noise sunday night vs. the eagles

Our "bad day" could've been against Dallas...

That keeps me going. If we don't win the division then I sure as hell hope NY does! But we're 4-3, they're 5-2. Thats called a 1 game lead. And while I couldn't watch anything sports related for 24 hours knowing the desciptors I would hear I know that a Joe Gibbs team can bounce back from that type of crap performance. If any team has been mentally tough this year its been the Skins!

HTTR!

I live in Jersy, I go to school in Jersey with every Giant Fan who attended the game with me yesterday. You have to live it to believe it. I was having a great time up until the first play of the game. Then all Hell broke loose. All I can say is we have to beat the Eagles. I think Joe Gibbs will come through. I think Joe Bugel will not stand for the mediocrity that went on yesterday. If Lavar was ever going to become a leader on this team. Next Sunday night is the time!

guess you just can't relate man

I took off today as well

what bothers me is while we were getting blown out some of our players namely springs still found time to yuck it up laugh and carry on with some giant players , if i was a teammate i would be upset , we are getting our @$$es beat and your yucking it up with the giants? freakin get a phone number or something and talk later play some damn football

One game at a time.

well said tarhog...well said:cheers:

This one stung, because as you stated, so much was at stake. But look around you. Would you like to be a Jets fan right about now? How 'bout the Packers? Need I go on?.

Hey i am a packer fan. A big packer fan. it hurts whats goin on over there. But this skins will always be my team. packers are 2nd, but its not close because HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

The packers have lost Javon Walker, Ahmad Green, Najeh Davenport, Terrance murphy, FOR THE SEASON! also i think clifton is out, bubba franks hasnt been playing, Flanagan is out, Robert Ferguson is out, Chatman is hurt.

there starting recievers now is Donald Driver (#2 reciever) and well im not sure cuz #1, #3, #4 recievers are all hurt.

I feel sorry for Favre.

Archived